Cannabinoids That Are Still In The Raw Form

The cannabinoids that we are familiar with, in the cannabis plant, exist in a "acid" form.

The acid form is identified by the 'a' after the main letters. THCa or CBDa for example.

Those forms of cannabinoids have a CO2 stuck in them. Applying heat to them causes the CO2 to fly off.

This takes place any time you light up a joint or bowl. It also takes place when you made a baked eatable. Brownies have the "active" form because they have been baked.

The acid forms are considered to be inactive. That is, THCa doesn't get you high. To many people, this represents inactivity.

While they don't produce a "high" the 'a' forms have substantial medical properties. They use pathways that the cooked forms don't.

Juicing is one method of consuming the raw form of these compounds.

Other extraction methods that keep the raw form would be CO2 extraction and BHO.

RSO production causes the CO2 to fly off, leaving only the cooked form.

CO2 and BHO production can be cooked when to much heat is applied in the final purge. Resulting in the loss of the raw forms of the desired compounds, as they are converted to the cooked form.

No. well yea, so my bho when i put it on a lil cup warmer to make it more liquid form is warmed enough to make it active?

Im thinking it is, I filled a capsule with it and ate it and wow, no pain or a care in the world after that!

Id rather hear a lil more than dispute this, Im never to old to learn something new!

a very interesting post!

Peace

Jim

Raw cannabis never has done a thing for me. Well, sometimes I get a headache from it. That's after a few decades of being a patient. Nothing for pain or imflammation. Nothing for asthma. I haven't heard from anyone, personally, that thinks raw works good medicinally at all. It's probably an excellent health food though. Eat your veggies.

No. well yea, so my bho when i put it on a lil cup warmer to make it more liquid form is warmed enough to make it active?

Im thinking it is, I filled a capsule with it and ate it and wow, no pain or a care in the world after that!

Does your BHO still bubble in the pipe? If so, those bubbles are the CO2 breaking off.

Well .. look up a little .. a couple of posts ago.

Jim mentioned some benefit.

I said personally. I don't count the internet for personal accountings. After being a patient, among patients, for a long time, and trying everything you can think of to do with cannabis, I haven't personally seen, or heard of, any medicinal claims for raw cannabis. It's always been that you had to heat it. Keep in mind this isn't new to a lot of us, pb.

Does your BHO still bubble in the pipe? If so, those bubbles are the CO2 breaking off.

that is another reason i put it on a cup warmer, to get the bubbles to stop! so does that mean it is active, and when i smoke it, no I dont see it bubble, it makes me cough real good and controls my asthma like nothing else, I have dr.'s proof of that!

Peace

Jim

that is another reason i put it on a cup warmer, to get the bubbles to stop! so does that mean it is active, and when i smoke it, no I dont see it bubble, it makes me cough real good and controls my asthma like nothing else, I have dr.'s proof of that!

Peace

Jim

It sounds like you produce the cooked form.

The only lab in the state that can tell is Cannalytics. They use HPLC for testing. All other labs in Michigan use testing methods that do the cooking inside the testing machine. By the time the compounds reach the detector they have all been converted.

I dont claim to no it all, and will try not to, unless it has to do with waht ive done for a living lol! so im very interested in what p.b has to say about this stuff, I say who ever isnt interested, just stf out of here, how hard can that be, dont mess up my curiousity because you have an axe to grind!

:drinking-coffee:

peace

Jim

BTW I'm thinking that the ISO2 method could result in a 'a' rich form of oil.

I don't think so. It doesn't give me a headache, it works fantastically medically for pain, imflammation, muscle spasms, asthma. It's cooked, remember? Plus, I always pre heat the raw cannabis first while I'm drying it. Works even better that way. You are headed in the wrong direction as far as I can tell.

It sounds like you produce the cooked form.

The only lab in the state that can tell is Cannalytics. They use HPLC for testing. All other labs in Michigan use testing methods that do the cooking inside the testing machine. By the time the compounds reach the detector they have all been converted.

We don't really need the lab results when it doesn't work for patients. Patient results can be better than labs.

I dont claim to no it all, and will try not to, unless it has to do with waht ive done for a living lol! so im very interested in what p.b has to say about this stuff, I say who ever isnt interested, just stf out of here, how hard can that be, dont mess up my curiousity because you have an axe to grind!

:drinking-coffee:

peace

Jim

Good point Jim. When you have been a patient for 32 years it feels like it's what you've done for a living. And since there are only a couple of us posting here, I want to assure you that I don't have 'an ax to grind' with pb. I just like to see real info that we can use posted, and that's my grinding ax, so to speak.

Edited by Restorium2

Good point Jim. When you have been a patient for 32 years it feels like it's what you've done for a living. And since there are only a couple of us posting here, I want to assure you that I don't have 'an ax to grind' with pb. I just like to see real info that we can use posted, and that's my grinding ax, so to speak.

Every post you've made here is an attempt to claim the raw forms don't work.

That is useless information. Worse than useless, it may convince some people to avoid a potential solution to their medical problems.

"Does it work" has been answered very very well without your "expert" opinion.

well i guess if you put it like that than i been a pt since i was 6 yrs old, I have broken almost every bone in my body, ive had phsyrisis (been gone so long i dont even know how to spell it) Ive got arthritis in just about every limb and more, Im gonna be 50 ugh in 3 months! but in 1998 when i had an auto accident I could not recover from that one, it put me down and now i only make in a month what I was making in half a week! I am prob like alot of people, I smoked weed recreationaly for many many yrs, never realy thinking of the medicinal part of it, prob cause mexican rag weed dont have any meds in it, im sure we been smoking spider mites for yrs.(which i jsut got and lost all of my plants) I will blow them lil gentlemen up that are on my buds via bho, that i will not share becuase of the bugs! Unless some one can tell me all forms of the mites will be gone with the bho extraction!, Im looking for something that my mother can do and not get buzzed, im wanting my dad to try it also, he is a retired cop, I finaly got thru to him when I started talking about oils that can be rubbed on and not get you hight, He has always been dead set agains mmj, he is old skewl leo, he retired in 86, he now has collected his pension longer than he was a leo! but he has diabetes issues and my mom has arthritis issues, they are both popping vicoden like candy, ive been there done that, it cant be good for a heart pt and an old lady ya think? so id like them to get off of all the fricking opiods and motrin 800's like now, id like to see them stay around as long as they are able to live a decent life!

I am willing to try anything, I have a few yrs before i can build my house on the property i own across the road from them and I live an hr away, im the closest to my parents, my other siblings live in the detroit area and never come up here, maybe once a yr! so im all they have and im not going to give up till i can help them or they are gone!

Peace

Jim

Every post you've made here is an attempt to claim the raw forms don't work.

That is useless information. Worse than useless, it may convince some people to avoid a potential solution to their medical problems.

"Does it work" has been answered very very well without your "expert" opinion.

I just said it doesn't work for me, a patient, or anyone I've met in the real world. It is what it is. You asked for opinions.