Energy Drink Deaths

legacy

The last few days I've been hearing these unfortunate stories about people dying from energy drinks.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/10/23/energy-drink-lawsuit-caffeine-can-kill

I wonder what schedule those are. Monster has been cited in 5 deaths. Cannabis has killed no one. Cannabis is Schedule 1, so I'm assuming Monster is too? If i drink one on the way to work, and get pulled over, can LEO confiscate my car since it was being used for drug trafficking?

I drank roughly 3 Monsters (green can) per day for about 4 years. They are not good for you. When your driving down the freeway and all of a sudden, you have a "sugar crash", it can be very dangerous. My eyes would cross and my vision got blurry. I began to shake and sweat. I felt like I hadnt eaten in weeks. Yea. Not good for you. Havent had one in almost 2 years. It was an addiction! Medcnman.

So in addition to being toxic, it's also addictive / having a high potential for abuse. I guess it should be at least schedule 2.

That's a slippery slope. If a "sugar crash" is dangerous then we need to regulate twinkies as well. How about we let people drink energy drinks if they want? The only real danger from energy drinks is for people predisposed to heart problems aggravated by too much caffeine.

Ok, I confess, my first contained some sarcasm. To prevent words from being twisted against me, I'll just state that I have always been anti-prohibition, and that cannabis should not be schedule 1.

But in all truth, i never heard death being attributed to the effects of recent consumption of twinkies, jelly beans, or falafel. I guess there are so many foods to be concerned about.

That's a slippery slope. If a "sugar crash" is dangerous then we need to regulate twinkies as well. How about we let people drink energy drinks if they want? The only real danger from energy drinks is for people predisposed to heart problems aggravated by too much caffeine.

I would never say to regulate energy drinks. People should be able to choose. My problem was that I substituted them for food. I liked to go go go go go. Didnt want to stop for real food. Bad Idea! So I stopped drinking them. It wasnt easy! Mm

Edited by Medcnman

I would never say to regulate energy drinks. People should be able to choose. My problem was that I substituted them for food. I liked to go go go go go. Didnt want to stop for real food. Bad Idea! So I stopped drinking them. It wasnt easy! Mm

if everybody really knew what those type of drinks do to your metabolism and adrenal glands they would think twice about using them