Need Help With Light Bulb

ak89

I have a timer hooked up to a 1000 watt switchable ballast magnetic with a mh bulb currently running. When the timer cuts back on the bulb won't work. The only way it will work is if the switch is on the hps part then I would have to switch it back over to mh part. I have already exchanged the ballast so I'm not sure what the issue is ?? Any help please ??

the only thing i've had close to what you're having is too much draw on the circuit...i had alot of stuff off one line, when it was time for the lights to come on they wouldn't fire all the way up but would only glow.my fix was using another circuit for some of the equipment ...wish i could be of more help...bp

yea that has happened to me 2 times in less than a yr, on my digital mh/hps 600/400 watt, the hps bulb has burnt out on me 2 times this yr, I put my mh bulb in an it lites that, i go buy a new hps and it lites, but I will be damned if im buying a 600 watt hps every 5 months, that just isnt right, all of my room is on 1 circuit, in fact since getting mites, ive shut down my veg tent and the fans to and from it, so I know for sure I wasnt pulling to much power from my line, I have a 15 amp line in only my g.r that is the only thing on that line, I ran larger wire and put plugs and lites all in on a 20 amp, (i havent hooked the 20 amp up to the box) everything i have can be run off of my 3000 watt generator, I just found that out! so it is my beleive that some of these hydro stores are getting there bulbs from china and they dont last and arent worth poop!

Best of luck to ya, oh yea i have a 600 wat ballast for hps and have tried that also, so I know it is not my digital ballast!

Peace

Jim

If you use a digital ballast use the correct bulbs

ok i will bite what is the right bulbs? it came with mh and hps 600 watt bulbs, a 6 inch cool tube, I dont have to use any kind of switch to go from mh to hps only to go from 400 to 600 watt, they sent me the same bulbs the hydro shop sold me, and they knew what I was using, i brought it with me, and I also bought a 600 watt hps ballast from them! right bulbs? id say the right bulbs are the ones they send you with the equipment, they are the bulbs I would buy also!

Peace

Jim

Note: Many HPS lamps, including the 600w Hortilux®, have been designed with a 1500-3000 volt ignition pulse (aka firing rate). Digital ballasts use a 4000 volt ignition pulse which will fire these lamps at first, but the higher starting voltage degrades them quickly and eventually they will fail to work.

so some bulbs work best in digital ballast and some work best in magnetic

its up to the buyer to do the research,, most guys in the grow shop do not know this ,

Note: Many HPS lamps, including the 600w Hortilux®, have been designed with a 1500-3000 volt ignition pulse (aka firing rate). Digital ballasts use a 4000 volt ignition pulse which will fire these lamps at first, but the higher starting voltage degrades them quickly and eventually they will fail to work.

so some bulbs work best in digital ballast and some work best in magnetic

its up to the buyer to do the research,, most guys in the grow shop do not know this ,

OR It's up to your supplier(grow shop) to do the research, that is, if you bought local. If your grow shop guy makes a mistake then he is the one with the headache, not the grower.

Then what is your voltage, brand of ballast, brand of lamp? You may have a lamp that is designed for a digital ballast and doesn't want to play nice with your magnetic ballast.

I

And seriously, check your voltage.

I'm using hydro light equip. Plant max bulb my voltage is at 120. Thanks for all your help