Voting!

When more people vote, our elected officials are reminded that we pay attention. If we had 20% voter turnout, politicians could do whatever they wanted. If we had 100% turnout, they would watch their every move.

The more votes are cast, the more accountable elected officials feel....the more they realize that they need to work for their job security.

When you vote - regardless of for whom, you are saying 'I'm watching you" to all elected officials. :watching:

We stood in line for about an hour and a half in our area of SE Mi. I don't think it was from so many more people, but it took a few minutes for folks to get through all the proposals and elections. So, people, go vote if you haven't already done so. Good luck to us all. May it all work out for the best, no matter what they tell us after today.

Peace...

We stood in line for about an hour and a half in our area of SE Mi. I don't think it was from so many more people, but it took a few minutes for folks to get through all the proposals and elections. So, people, go vote if you haven't already done so. Good luck to us all. May it all work out for the best, no matter what they tell us after today.

Peace...

Always such a positive attitude! That's why i like you bro.

Your caregiver sure is lucky to have you as a patient!

I qualify for an automatic absentee ballot but prefer to vote in person. Went over at 0730 but the parking lot was full. Plenty of parking at 0930 and only ten-or-so in line inside. But all the voting booths were full and traffic was steady during the half-hour it took me to vote.

Busier that 2008 I think.

I like to vote but my wife always cancels it out with hers. I never said live was fair; I only maintain life is good.

Edited by outsideinthecold

I qualify for an automatic absentee ballot but prefer to vote in person. Went over at 0730 but the parking lot was full. Plenty of parking at 0930 and only ten-or-so in line inside. But all the voting booths were full and traffic was steady during the half-hour it took me to vote.

Busier that 2008 I think.

I like to vote but my wife always cancels it out with hers. I never said live was fair; I only maintain life is good.

A wise man once told me that you should never as a husband and wife decide that your votes cancel each other out and therefore you both agree not to vote. High voter turnout shows elected officials that we're paying attention. And you can always hope/expect that your ballot will be cast while wifey's is spoiled and not counted.

Thanks for voting.

Detroit Council: Marijuana Ballot Measure A Waste Of Time

DETROIT (WWJ) - Is Detroit’s Proposal M going up in smoke?

On Tuesday, more than 60 percent of ballots counted supported the measure, which would allow adults over age 21 to possess less than an ounce of marijuana on personal property without criminal prosecution.

However, Councilwoman Brenda Jones explained marijuana use and possession will still be crimes under state and federal law.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/11/07/detroit-council-marijuana-ballot-measure-a-waste-of-time/