Washington First To Call

El Tiberon

Not that this will affect me much but I hope it works out for you guys. I think the transition of the US is now on its way. If the feds decide the voters are wrong, they will be giving a double-standard of democracy to the rest of the world. For so many years the US has shoved democracy down the throats of other nations. Now the US has to either put their money where their mouth is or tell the world they have been lying to them all along.

It is really hard to believe. I am still reeling from the election results and wondering what it all means. Will the Feds remain intransigent and dig in their heels or will they throw in the towel. If they were smart (questionable) they would throw in the towel. However, I believe that the Federal government cannot give up its war. There are too many entrenched businesses tied to marijuana prohibition (police, prisons, courts, drug rehabs) and the government will not want to be seen as giving tacit approval for the use of marijuana. I could be totally wrong on this also.

Anyway, the force pf public opinion will eventually knock down the walls of prohibition and the Feds will have to concede. We are on our way to a 420 friendly world I hope.

I see this as the opening volley of another long drawn out battle. In no way is the Fed. gov't ready to give it up, and they have most of the bullets. If Colorado and Washington state do go ahead and follow the will of their voting public they will likely find themselves cut off from any federal subsidies and assistance. We will once again dance the two steps forward and 1-3 steps back as the feds play their $$$$ games. It is a step forward however, and that is something....we shall see, we shall see.... Peace ... j.b.

I remember watching the returns and cheering from a distance for prop 215 in CA. That was about 16 years ago? And medical marijuana is still under attack in CA.

Expect the same for recreational cannabis. Fifteen years from now, 1/3 of the states will have legalized. This is very good news, but we're still a generation away from sanity with regard to MMJ laws at all levels.

I read the o.p's first post and news article, about what people voted county to county in washington, legalize mj and same sex marriages, im wondering why they didnt have a ballot for farmers to make whoopie with there sheep! bawahahahahahaha!

I wonder how the detroit vote is gonna help change the state, any opinions on that?

Peace

Jim

edit= im gonna quit posting when my number gets to 6'666 posts, lol

Edited by phaquetoo

I read the o.p's first post and news article, about what people voted county to county in washington, legalize mj and same sex marriages, im wondering why they didnt have a ballot for farmers to make whoopie with there sheep! bawahahahahahaha!

I wonder how the detroit vote is gonna help change the state, any opinions on that?

Peace

Jim

edit= im gonna quit posting when my number gets to 6'666 posts, lol

The cops on the news said it changes nothing. So it just sets up more court cases because the two sides still don't agree. This is where those supreme court justices would have come in handy if you would have voted all Democrats in. DOH! You didn't think of that? Dang, maybe next time.

How much longer can they be on the wrong side of public opinion? All the arguments they have used to keep marijuana illegal have been proven to be false. People are sick and tired of spending billions of dollars on a war that is a lost cause, especially against a drug that is pretty innocuous. They are going to have to reschedule marijuana based on scientific evidence. Evidence is piling up showing that not only is marijuana not detrimental to health, but that it probably is actually good for you. The bottom is falling out on all the governments arguments. Considering all this, it seems like marijuana is headed for legalization sooner rather than later. And I for one believe that the world will be a better place because of it.

The cops on the news said it changes nothing. So it just sets up more court cases because the two sides still don't agree. This is where those supreme court justices would have come in handy if you would have voted all Democrats in. DOH! You didn't think of that? Dang, maybe next time.

I havent voted one side , I never vote one side, I dont like all dems and all repubs so why would i do that, in fact this time around I didnt vote for any one in either party, so yea my votes were waisted, if people realy think our government is broken they should vote the same way i did! and than it wouldnt be a waisted vote!

Peace

Jim

I havent voted one side , I never vote one side, I dont like all dems and all repubs so why would i do that, in fact this time around I didnt vote for any one in either party, so yea my votes were waisted, if people realy think our government is broken they should vote the same way i did! and than it wouldnt be a waisted vote!

Peace

Jim

I meant, specifically, that we needed to vote in the three dem supreme court justices, to have a better chance at getting the things we want with the MMMP. It was the very best gift we could have given cannabis in Michigan. Oh well, there might be another chance someday. We missed our chance, due to lack of getting together in a voting block, because of people's personal issues.