Info On Farmers Market

Dj dab

The Grand Rapids ordinance doesn't override state law. All it does is require city police to report marijuana violations to the city attorney rather than the county prosecutor. It also decriminalizes certain possession that was previously criminalized under city ordinance.

The ballot measure doesn't prevent the county sheriff or state police from still charging under state statute. So the question becomes whether you are going to get busted by city cops, sheriff deputies, or state cops. My guess is that you are okay if you are stopped within city limits but maybe not so okay if you are raided by a regional task force.

So the Jackson market is open. How do I find info on this?

I have talked with people who rented a table, and with a patient that went to battle creek market. So you guys tell me it's illegal to do but I know it's going on. Can someone show me the info on where to find a market or the info on how these are illegal underground markets that I should stay away from.

There is a case in the Michigan Supreme Court right now that should tell us definitively whether these markets are legal or not. We should have a ruling anytime within the next two months. Until that time, I personally, would not recommend going to any farmer's markets. There are several open throughout the state, I don't know that there is any place where you can go to get information on all of them.

I'm a caregiver and I was looking to rent a table to give away my overages.

Renting a table at a market isn't giftting. Oops. You just went from legal to a felony that would end your life as you know it.

If giving away meds is this cg's intent, i'd figure that buying a table was something that he/she could forgo.

The Grand Rapids ordinance doesn't override state law. All it does is require city police to report marijuana violations to the city attorney rather than the county prosecutor. It also decriminalizes certain possession that was previously criminalized under city ordinance.

The ballot measure doesn't prevent the county sheriff or state police from still charging under state statute. So the question becomes whether you are going to get busted by city cops, sheriff deputies, or state cops. My guess is that you are okay if you are stopped within city limits but maybe not so okay if you are raided by a regional task force.

and our state law doesnt override federal law either. There are risks all around.

If giving away meds is this cg's intent, i'd figure that buying a table was something that he/she could forgo.

and our state law doesnt override federal law either. There are risks all around.

Most of us don't have to worry about selling to a cop with a card because we don't sell to strangers at the market. Know your risks.

There is a case in the Michigan Supreme Court right now that should tell us definitively whether these markets are legal or not. We should have a ruling anytime within the next two months. Until that time, I personally, would not

recommend going to any farmer's markets. There are several open throughout the state, I don't know that there is any place where you can go to get information on all of them.

Thank you this is the information that was asking for.

I find it funny how everyone else has something to say but nothing helped with my original question.

Thank you this is the information that was asking for.

I find it funny how everyone else has something to say but nothing helped with my original question.

You just don't know the history here. I find that funny. lol Sometimes the answer is in the question(ad). Especially when you could have simply googled it and had your answer.

Edited by Restorium2

I'm curious if anyone knows of an example of a vendor getting arrested for selling to a cop with a card at a farmers market.

Anyone?

No. Just at dispensaries. But what's the difference really? The guy I know is out on parole and his wife is serving now. And he was just on camera. That's what put the task force in his house. He was over but who wants a task force busting in and checking your house?

You just don't know the history here. I find that funny. lol Sometimes the answer is in the question(ad). Especially when you could have simply googled it and had your answer.

Yes. If you were more aware of the history in that regard then you would understand. Furthermore, as Restorium stated, an answer would be immediate if you used your friendly google website. I just used the google search engine and input "marijuana farmer's market michigan" and the very first listing showed an address in the truncated heading. So I think people here aptly see the veiled attempt at advertising that some engage in here.

hey djdab

why not get into the chat room get to know a few and trade in there once you get to know them... if they need help then those who do need it you will find and feel better about helping out... you can not sell in the chat or talk about price but its a way to get to know who needs help and who is just taking advantage... your choice...

abbe