Info On Farmers Market

Dj dab

To the OP:

A while back there was a falling out amongst the higher ups here at the MMMA. Some went left, some went right, but everyone involved moved forward. This sight has literally adopted a "safety first" mentality in order to protect the patients. While markets, dispensaries, and other avenues and comfort or risk levels im sure exist, the only course of action that is actively protected by the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act is one where the person giving the medicine has a card with the name of the person getting the medicine. In the name of patient protections, until something more encompassing is provided by the legislature or the courts, this type of transfer is the only type promoted here.

ummm, I think :drinking-coffee:

No. Just at dispensaries. But what's the difference really? The guy I know is out on parole and his wife is serving now. And he was just on camera. That's what put the task force in his house. He was over but who wants a task force busting in and checking your house?

I guess the difference is, to me, vendors at a market are like a bunch of cars traveling 75 on the highway while the dispensary owner is doing 120.

Just trying to know the risk is all.

I guess the difference is, to me, vendors at a market are like a bunch of cars traveling 75 on the highway while the dispensary owner is doing 120.

Just trying to know the risk is all.

75 when there's cops with cards? More like 100 either way. You are right about knowing your risk. I think anyone can figure that out if they know about cops with cards.

hey all

personally for me if someone is hurting and in need and i know them ill take the risk... there in need and i believe help is the key if i go to jail helping someone then its meant to be and i will go knowing i at least helped one person... im sorry but i think no court or jury if they know the story will put me away for doing what is right and when its free i would hope they would understand i was not doing it to gain only to help... i do hope one day that it is known health and helping is more important then money if not... i guess then it shows we are and think like those in office and judges... so we out here would truly be for ourselves and screw everyone that helps then who will... we all lose and i would hope we never have to see this... as the way things are going this we will see as its happening now in some areas... no money no help...

abbe

hey all

personally for me if someone is hurting and in need and i know them ill take the risk... there in need and i believe help is the key if i go to jail helping someone then its meant to be and i will go knowing i at least helped one person... im sorry but i think no court or jury if they know the story will put me away for doing what is right and when its free i would hope they would understand i was not doing it to gain only to help... i do hope one day that it is known health and helping is more important then money if not... i guess then it shows we are and think like those in office and judges... so we out here would truly be for ourselves and screw everyone that helps then who will... we all lose and i would hope we never have to see this... as the way things are going this we will see as its happening now in some areas... no money no help...

abbe

If you sell to a cop with a card how are you helping anyone? That's what we are talking about. Not acts of kindness, acts of selling to a stranger that is a cop.

Resto he did say if he knew them, kinda eliminates your if he's a cop scenario doesn't it.

If you know them why do you need to go to the market to help them? Of course they aren't a cop if you know them. But what does that have to do with a farm market that sets you up to sell to a stranger that could be a cop with a card?

I here you can make tons of money at them markets ,,

thats odd i hear the opposite... granted ive only ever been to one farmers market, maybe you have been to more? see the issues is not the farmers market...but the free market. it tends to bring prices down. I know a pt in the up that drives down state so as he doesnt have to pay 400 an oz.... he says thats what everyone charges in the up.... and they can do that with no market....now if you guys could get a legal farmers market up there ( not claiming its legal just saying....hold the dogs back) then everyone could see the prices....no more 400 dollar med bills for my buddy.....doesn't seem perfect but it doesn't seem a bad idea to me either...

thats odd i hear the opposite... granted ive only ever been to one farmers market, maybe you have been to more? see the issues is not the farmers market...but the free market. it tends to bring prices down. I know a pt in the up that drives down state so as he doesnt have to pay 400 an oz.... he says thats what everyone charges in the up.... and they can do that with no market....now if you guys could get a legal farmers market up there ( not claiming its legal just saying....hold the dogs back) then everyone could see the prices....no more 400 dollar med bills for my buddy.....doesn't seem perfect but it doesn't seem a bad idea to me either...

It's all relative. Your claim is like saying Romney doesn't make tons of money since Bill Gates makes much more.

Most of us don't even take advantage of the free market system because we know our patients. We artificially lower our prices for our friends. In the Michigan cannabis environment, there is no real free market, so you either have the illegal sellers gouging, or the selling friends that set prices as low as they can to help out a friend..

I did not like the fact that as a caregiver if you wanted to set up a table and take donations for your product there is a 10 min that you must charge on each gram if you are selling it that way..

wow Jackson what kind of con artist is running that place second post on the link posted above ,, wow unreal,...

I did not like the fact that as a caregiver if you wanted to set up a table and take donations for your product there is a 10 min that you must charge on each gram if you are selling it that way..

wow Jackson what kind of con artist is running that place second post on the link posted above ,, wow unreal,...

agreed!

Ganja your friend is stupid to pay 400 an 0Z ... he should learn how to grow,,,,,, hell you can pick up garden green in the up for 500 a QP and that stuff is pretty damm good,

he does grow for himself, doesn't mean he doesn't run out or have problems..... not ever grower starts out being the perfect green thumb. you can be rude and call him stupid...i call him a patient in pain that lives way out in the sticks and has to pay unfair prices or drive for hundreds of miles. You maybe be a able to get garden green for that price, but unless your looking to help him im not sure what that has to do with anything. there are no markets up there for him to run into this imagined great deal....so your just being rude and talking pointless crap about a pt in a bad spot.

I'm a caregiver and I was looking to rent a table to give away my overages.

Remember that you aren't really allowed to have "overages." If you have more than you are allowed then you are breaking the law. Instead of "overages," say you have "unused medicine." That way you're not admitting that you already broke the law.

The ads really are pretty tame if everyone knows there are cops with cards wanting to buy from you. Anyone can take their own chances as long as they are aware of the facts. If they get taken down and their home searched we can say we did our best here to stop the problem. That's what counts. We here are part of the solution.