Flint Police Plan To Arrest People For Marijuana Possession Despite A Vote

Zerocool

Flint police plan marijuana arrests despite vote

By Associated Press

3 Comments

Flint — Flint police plan to arrest people for marijuana possession despite a vote on a city ballot proposal to decriminalize marijuana in some cases.

The Flint Journal reports about 57 percent of ballots counted as of Wednesday on the proposal to decriminalize possession of less than an ounce of marijuana by those 19 or older were in favor of the change. The city said in a statement, however, that the proposal is "symbolic in nature."

Brian Morrissey is from the Coalition for a Safer Flint, the group that gathered signatures to get the initiative on the ballot. He says he's disappointed with the city's decision.

Similar ballot measures in Detroit and Grand Rapids got voter support Tuesday. And AnnArbor.com reports Ypsilanti residents voted to redirect police from enforcing marijuana laws.

screw them, if the vote passed, then they have no choice, cause if there ignoring our votes, then why do we obey there's , their's are just symbolic too.. there sayin in short,, you votes dont count.. we dont care.. real f'in american democracy in action ..

I think its all talk..... did they go after the disp and farmers markets in flint when shooty said shut em down....NOPE, in fact they told shooty to come do it himself. a gun isnt enough to take you to jail.... no i dont see them breaking the law to enforce one.... that they didnt have time or money to enforce before it was made quasi legal. we shall see....

There are far more important issues for the police to deal with in Flint! The voters have spoke! I have lived in Flint my entire life and have recentley moved within the last couple of months. I find it more offensive that prostitutes are free to sell themselves on the corners and junkies can shoot up on an abandoned porch or in a car at a gas station then get behind the wheel of their car, but lets consentrate on marijuana! Get real Flint officers do the job the tax payers are paying you to do! They are the ones that pay you!

right...

correct me if i am wrong but isn't Flint like number 1 on the national "annual murder-wrongful death" list? and Detroit is like #4? we have 2 cities in Michigan that are in the top five of murder capitols in the united states.

seems a bit pathetic to me when you stop to think about it......

i feel like flint police can spend their time doing things that are much more productive to solving murders.... rather than bothering people using a plant.

we have a very powerful weapon on our side. we vote. our voices can be and have been heard.

right...

correct me if i am wrong but isn't Flint like number 1 on the national "annual murder-wrongful death" list? and Detroit is like #4? we have 2 cities in Michigan that are in the top five of murder capitols in the united states.

seems a bit pathetic to me when you stop to think about it......

i feel like flint police can spend their time doing things that are much more productive to solving murders.... rather than bothering people using a plant.

we have a very powerful weapon on our side. we vote. our voices can be and have been heard.

Flint might be first or second in murders, depending on if you're looking at cities of over 100,000 people vs. under.

All told, Flint, Saginaw, and Detroit are and have been among the most dangerous cities in the USA for violent crime for 30 years.

The local PA (Genesee County prosecutor David Leyton) said something like "Our office has 8,000 pending cases at any given time. We don't have the resources to F-around with patients and caregivers."

Priorities seem to be on track. We don't see many MJ busts in the Flint area. Those of us who live and grew up here understand that there are higher priorities, and this includes the local LEOs.

We all raised a lot of money for him when he ran for AG. To his credit he has not turned on us.

Last I heard, the City of Burton (In Genesee County) was still issuing business licenses to dispensaries. yay that.

As the cradle of the auto industry, we have a lot of people around town suffering from chronic pain from a lifetime of manual labor and from repetitive use injuries. Thank gawd our county PA isn't a penis.

That would be great if he is but I have not heard that. PAAM was the thorn in our side while working on the Walsh bills. Anything good we come up with they would weasel in and jack it up. Ken Stecker represented them and that dude is our enemy. Even if on a personal level he seems like and alright guy, when it comes to MMJ ENEMY!

• 2 weeks later...

I had read some where that he is now president of PAAM (prosecuting attornys association of michigan). Hopefully he will rub off on some others around the state.

I thought I just seen on the news that he was getting appointed as shuetts assnt p.a? I hope im wrong!

Peace

Jim