Has The Mmma Been A Amended? How Did These Amendments Turn Out?

Jada

I read that there will possibly be amendments to the act. These amendments would make it dangerous for anyone with a medical card to have one and could potentially be on a list of people that the state (or feds) would watch. I would like to get my card but do not want to be on a watch list for growing a plant and sharing it with my friends.

no bills have been passed yet.

we're watching.

nows a good time to contact all of the reps you can and try to convince them to vote against them.

there are good parts in the bills, like specifying how to grow outdoors, but lots of bad stuff , like the enclosed car trunk bill too.

The Michigan Legislature is still trying to amend the Act. The bills have passed the House, but were then amended and reported out by Rick Jones's Senate Judiciary committee, where they remain, waiting for a vote. After passing in the Senate, another vote is required in the House. They are running out of time, as there are only a handful of days left in this session and the Republicans have a lot of irons in the fire for lame duck, not the least of which is the fact that the emergency manager law has just been overturned by the voters.

I thought prop one passed which reinforced the use of emergency managers and their powers. Isn't this now the status quo. If there is something that reduced their powers i would be glad to know that. Thanks

I thought prop one passed which reinforced the use of emergency managers and their powers. Isn't this now the status quo. If there is something that reduced their powers i would be glad to know that. Thanks

MRD,

Whoever wrote prop 1 did a good job of creating confusion that favored them. All the other props required a yes vote for them to take effect. On prop 1 a yes vote was required to "keep" the emergency mgr act.

A significant number of people will just vote no on everything without reading, believing that they are voting against any new laws or spending. This worked in the prop writer's favor and the resulting "no's" won out to eliminate the emergency mgr act.

• 4 weeks later...

I glad Zap answered your post - nothing has changed yet *(and hope they do not have time to do so as the Repub. lost 5 seats in the elections).

If It does and the Gov. signs them I hope it will be stickied to the top so the dis-Information is eliminated

Herb, most people CAN understand Initiative Language but those powers that be want to confuse the issue - find someone to trust to give you the facts without (or as little bias as possible).- read the Senate and House (if Legislative) Analysis as they usually lay it out real.

RESearch RESearch does alot but IMHO the only ones half way fighting for working men is Democrats (and they certainly are not perfect but at least are more middle class than republications who represent rich people mainly).

What I believe is that we need an initiative that states that all initiatives must be written for the common understanding of the populace.

Imo they did with our law its easy to under stand

1. If you have a card and you have 12 plants and they are locked up and 2.5(or under) meds you cant be arrested

2. If you have you rec. and its been 21 days its the same as a card

People make it seam as its confusing