How To Invest In Legalized Marijuana

washtenaut

Really, a joint venture?

The following is from a posting on Investorshub.com regarding the PHOT - FITX possible merger.  There is a lot of good discussion there - as well as the usual cheerleading and stock bashing.

(Bill is the CEO of FITX and Sterling is the CEO of PHOT)

BLCKSWN Saturday, 01/25/14 06:57:58 PM Re: None

Post # of 53184

Addison posted a fantastic summary and timeline of events regarding Bill and Sterling. See post below:

Re: HOSS Post# 66454

I agree with you HOSS. The more I thought about it the more a scenario rose to the surface of logic. So I'm going to take a stab at laying out a possible scenario. IMHO I really don't know squat!

When I look back over the last 10 days leading up to Arcview, Bill first shows us videos of the build site in Canada on Jan 17th.

The next day (Jan 18) Bill shares this with us concerning the build out "After numerous requests from shareholders and many who have illegally trespassed on the property, we will be posting video progress reports online once construction begins."

So far I think Bill is showing us and Arcview investors that things are real. Behind the scenes FITX is producing the professional & Slick Arcview presentation/Video and gearing up to lay out the game plan to them. Right now it's all about Arcview and the hype and excitement of being invited.

But then something happens....On the 21st we see the photograph of Bill and Sterling standing shoulder to shoulder with the caption "I consider it a GIFT to have such a great friend in Sterling." For those in the know the word "GIFT" in all caps means PHOT and FITX are talking numbers. The very same day Bill posts the GNC Purchase Orders dated November 23 2013. He wants us to know Cenergy is now solvent. Something is brewing on the back burner.

The next morning (Jan 22) Bill tells us in flight to Vegas "Good morning shareholders! Blue skies ahead. There is so much going on I've barely slept the last two days from the excitement. I can't wait to share it all with you. Me and my team are on our way to Arc view. We are proud to represent you. GO FITX !!! Bill" I think the portion I underlined is referring to what ever he and Sterling have brewing but not hammered out yet.

Minutes later Bill posts: "As I look at my FITX stock...I think that my personal shares would have to be pried from my cold dead hands to take them from me at this price point! However I am biased since I am the CEO. Trade as you wish... I am not telling you to hold or sell... Use your own trading strategies. GO FITX!"

Again minutes later we get: "Hello shareholders ! You're going to get sick of me today because I'm on the plane and there is no video screens ! Anyhow ... I've been asked about Arc View .... Me and my team are extremely excited to be presenting to them. We have opted to create a 5 minute video presentation with commentary. We will be posting it online after we present it. So much for underestimating lol ... You will see our real projections that we know we are fully capable of achieving. You better be sitting down ... I don't want to be liable for head injuries from you fainting."

Bill's on the plane, he's excited about MANY things. He has with him the PRODUCED 5 MINUTE VIDEO PRESENTATION and he and his team are excited and ready to present it to Arcview and all of us shortly after the meeting.

At 9:27 am Bill posts this: "I will reiterate… There are NO current plans for a reverse split or an increase in authorized or outstanding shares. We are exploring the share buy back options."

WOW lot's of Adrenalin raising comments while Bill is flying to Vegas. If he's "Pumping" he's really hanging it out there and sure to be caught. Which I think is evidence of the opposite. He IS really excited!

So here we are on the day before Arcview "LOCKED AND LOADED!" to present our plan, but it's early in the morning and the day has yet to unfold. What else happens on the 22nd? At some point Sterling Scott and Bill hook up and apparently bring what was brewing on the back burner to the front burner as we learned from the recorded live "presentation" that said they and the team were up ALL NIGHT LONG hammering out a partnership agreement.

Something else happened as well. At 6:09PM Bill posts a YouTube link (http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000236963&__source=yahoo%7Cheadline%7Cquote%7Cvideo%7C&par=yahoo) of an earlier CNBC interview with Steve Deangelo (President of Arcview Investment Group) telling the world that he "personally thinks it's too early for public offerings in the cannabis sector, there have been a few but not very many, there's not a lot of selection out there. I think most of the opportunities are PRIVATE investments now. I think that's where the best investment are to be had."

Hmmm it's possible Bill and Sterling heard this interview as Deangelo tipping his hand regarding NOT LIKELY TO INVEST in FITX (or PHOT) a publicly traded company. Bill at this point may have got the idea he was being led into the "Lions Den" instead of the "Shark tank". Now the WHEELS BEGIN TO TURN!

At 7AM the morning of Arcview presentation (after being up all night hammering out a deal with PHOT), Bill posts this message (probably while sitting there with Sterling and team): "Good morning FITX shareholders! This is a monumental day for FITX and not just because of our pitch to Arc View. Larger things just happened!! Yes I said it - larger than Arc View! Remember this day in our company's history... It is that important.. That monumental. GO FITX!!!" Pretty obvious the deal is done with PHOT which in reality is the beginning of a strategy to corner the market in the new beast called "The Cannabis Sector". Right there and then Bill and Sterling made themselves the PUBLIC side of the PRIVATE vs PUBLIC WAR ON WEED! Deangelo and Arcview became the enemy, no longer the "well of opportunity".

What's next? PLAN TROJAN HORSE begins! At 10:35AM Bill posts a picture with the Arcview meeting opening in the background. Bill is wearing a GrowLife hat (PHOT) and sporting an ear to ear shat eating grin. We all assume it's because today is the day to present to Arcview, BUT NO! Today is the day Bill and Sterling ride that Trojan Horse up to the biggest most widest media covered event in the Pot World to plant their flag and announce: "KEEP YOUR MONEY BECAUSE YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE BIGGEST PARTNERSHIP IN POT AND IT'S PUBLIC! THANK YOU FOR LETTING US USE YOUR STAGE AND YOUR SHOW TO ANNOUNCE OUR PARTNERSHIP!" Can you see the mic falling from Bill and Sterling's hands and hitting the floor? HAHAHAHA!

Does this all sound plausable? Now it makes sense the presentation was half-baked and recorded on the down low by a smartphone video (Hopefully CNBC will give us a better look at what really happened.). It lso makes sense that Bill is not going to let the 5 minute video be seen because the deal with PHOT made it outdated possibly.

You know what else makes sense? Troy Dayton, CEO of Arcview sending that email to AB stating: "In all 11 ArcView meetings, I have never seen our investors react more unfavorably to a company than they reacted to CEN Biotech (FITX)." LOL! I'm sure they were upset once they realized that Arcview became the stage and backdrop for Bill and Sterling's announcement!

So that's my theory. I'm looking for some serious PR now. Hopefully over the weekend or Monday pre-market. The "Hat Trick" would be a CNBC interview with Bill and Sterling from the halls of Arcview discussing their partnership! I GOT MY FINGERS

If i invest in something And become rich, i will feel no ill about the repercussions of the rest. At the end of the day i still have to feed and house my family, if i can make it so my kids and possibly there kids are well off. Im ok. You can say whatever you want, that is the truth for anyone who has a sense of self preservation.

If i invest in something And become rich, i will feel no ill about the repercussions of the rest. At the end of the day i still have to feed and house my family, if i can make it so my kids and possibly there kids are well off. Im ok. You can say whatever you want, that is the truth for anyone who has a sense of self preservation.

Where is the dislike button.....

thus is the recipe for the corpocracy we now enjoy. You're not alone for sure. Many cast votes for their own profit, regardless of the harm done to others in the group with their money. but at least a few people got rich off of the poisons and illnesses those unliked companies may have produced. How can we complain about DuPont keeping our herb illegal, yet purchase their products every week? 

Investing in the stock market is not self preservation but more akin to gambling, for the commoner.

This is certainly not a cheerleading article from Newsweek, but that type of balance is good information too. 

Wall Street's Reefer Madness
Filed: 1/23/14 at 2:27 PM  | Updated: 1/23/14 at 5:21 PM

What did you expect when President Obama pronounces marijuana no “more dangerous than alcohol”?

Wall Street is calling it the “green rush,” but as more than 20 states approve marijuana for medicinal purposes – with Colorado and Washington paving the way for giving recreational pot the green light – the majority of pure-play pot stocks (publicly traded companies focusing on marijuana or related products) are smoking for all the wrong reasons.                                                 

On the back of a 50 percent markup last year, marijuana stocks have booked a further 150 percent of gains so far in 2014. But buyers should beware, says Peter Leeds, Toronto-based CEO of Modern Strategies, a provider of financial analysis and financial publications, since most of these companies’ balance sheets are what he crisply calls “train wrecks.”

The problem? The industry has not yet found its feet and needs more time to mature. Sure, pot purveyors have been around since the dawn of man, but they’re only just getting used to the prospect of blue-chip status.

While would-be marijuana moguls are staring the cannabis cash cow in the face, most haven’t figured out quite how to turn a profit yet. Hence, pump-and-dump schemes galore and a fresh burst of turbulence so far this year. 

The fact that pure-play marijuana stocks are a hot topic (alas, even National Geographic has a section on its website devoted to “marijuana gold rush videos”) is lighting a fire under prices, Leeds said, “But most of these companies are bleeding cash. As a businessman and a stock investor, I am offended by the state of most of these companies’ balance sheets.”

One telltale sign the cannabis craze is not yet ready for prime time: none of the stocks in question trade on the New York Stock Exchange and a number of them don’t file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. “In fact,” Leeds says, “most of them trade over the counter where the standards are not as rigorous.” (Stocks of top exchanges such as the NYSE and Nasdaq are much more closely regulated than those trading over the counter.)

Top Pot Stocks

Here is a mash-up of 10 pot stocks that are on fire – some of which may be worth an investment and others which you’d have to be smoking marijuana to buy.

(see the link for the rest of the article)

http://www.newsweek.com/reefer-madness-hits-market-pot-stocks-soar-226886

did we ever get a complete list of mj stocks?

AVTC ENDO ERBB FITX FSPM GRNH  HEMP, MCIG, MDBX, MJNA, MWIP, NVLX, PHOT, PLPL, PUGE, REFG, TRTC

PLPED

AEGY AFAI AERO ATTBF BRDT CANN CANV CBDS CBIS CWNM EAPH EDXC ENRT EXMT FCLS FITX FSPM GWPH GWPRF HESG HSCC ICBU LATF MDCN MEDT MNTR NTRR ORGT RFMK RIGH SKTO SNRY STBV VPER VTMB WTII ZDPY 

heh, getting confusing now :)

OK so combining lists we have:

AEGY  AFAI  AERO  ATTBF  AVTC  BRDT  CANN  CANV  CBDS  CBIS  CWIR  CWNM  EAPH  EDXC  ENDO  ENRT  ERBB  EXMT  FCLS  FFFC  FITX  FSPM  FULL  GRNH  GWPH  GWPRF  HEMP  HESG  HSCC  ICBU  LATF  LVGI  MCIG  MDBX  MDCN  MEDT  MJNA  MNTR  MWIP  NTRR  NVLX  ORGT  PHOT  PLPL  PUGE  REFG  RFMK  RIGH  SKTO  SNRY  SPLI  STBV  TRTC  VPER  VTMB  WTII  ZDPY

OK, now study up on all of these because at 9:30am, when the market opens, some will plummet and some will soar.   Here's two more,  OMG &  LOL  !

Everyone and their brother is getting in and starting their own company

Overall another green day for most of the cannabis stocks. 

If you want to follow these stocks more closely:

Navigate to finance.yahoo.com , select the 'My Portfolio' tab at the top, and name and create a new portfolio.  It let me take the list of tickers above (copy list from above) and simply paste it into the new tickers section for this new yahoo portfolio.  It accepted them, I hit 'Save', and now I have a 'portfolio of cannabis stocks'.

Aside from bragging about my new list,  :)   I wanted to let you know that you can do the same.  Use the Daywatch view for a nice daily summary.  Then at a glance you can see how all of these performed.  Or, the 'Detailed' view is very good as it includes a chart for each

CEN Biotech, Inc. was established in 2013 as a partially owned subsidiary of Creative Edge Nutrition (OTC Pink: FITX) for the sole purpose of supplying the Canadian public with pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis under the newly established Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR) CEN Biotech Inc. has submitted a comprehensive application to become a licensed producer (LP) of dried marihuana for medicinal purposes and has received a ready-to-build approval from Health Canada.

tweed, inc ran by some people in the lib-dem political party in canada were approved for a mmpr license and are soon going to be listed on the toronto stock exchange.

many patients say they are going to boycott the provision centers. with only 30,000 patients in canada, will they be able to make profit?

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/Medical+marijuana+licence+granted+Tweed+Smith+Falls/9441097/story.html

Tweed has about 10,000 plants under cultivation.

grow big or go home!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-28/marijuana-company-tweed-seeking-tsx-listing-for-canada.html

of course, all these articles i read about marijuana businesses always have some weird stuff that makes me not want to invest in them.

Tweed will show some of its offerings on its website on Feb. 6, Linton said, tying it to the birthday of late reggae singer and marijuana advocate Bob Marley.

Yikes! I think this may be the outfit that supplies Canada with the swag called medical. Bail. Better to invest in pharma-cannabis companies. At least you have a head of steam behind you with Goldman Sachs as a fellow investor.

I think this is a company trying to compete with the company currently supplying Canadians.  This business has yet to produce any cannabis but hopes to produce lots.

wow that article is a good read, lots of red flags on what NOT to invest in.

fitx/phot - look terribly pump and dumpy.

"FITX upon the receipt of license approval from Health Canada."

hasnt been approved yet.... they own a warehouse at least.

1. The company has announced that it is in negotiations

wake me when they seal the deal.

2. The company's portable self-contained units have appeal to start-up growers.

at first i guessed these were refridgerator size boxes, but now i see they are using actual shipping containers. as everyone else (and by everyone i mean 7 companies)  is just doing warehouse grows,  i dont see this business expanding very far. on their website they compare themselves to greenhouse grown agriculture. but the point about greenhouses is that you use the sunlight and save energy that way. so they sold 20 of these? pass.

3. MDBX entered into a consulting agreement with a laboratory in Canada that intends to become a distributor

again, pass.

am i being too harsh? at least TWEED, inc already got a canada license and will soon be listed on toronto stock exchange.

I have CBIS, MWIP, FSPM, MCIG & NVLX... I sold MJNA & HEMP last week with generous profits.. which ones should I hold or week trade on Monday? Does anyone keep a % of shares to hold just in case? I used to trade weekly or monthly highs & lows. I'm aware of pump & dump stocks which can make me trigger happy. But at the same time could this be like the new .com boom? are any of them smart long term stocks?  I normally don't invest in just one sector but I just can't find anything better right now to invest in..

Edited by peacefulfield