Obama Reelection Spurs Wave Of States’ Petitions To Secede

knucklehead bob

Saw a piece on the local Fox 2 news about this

Obama’s victory has encouraged several U.S. citizens to petition the government to address grievances concerning statehood, pursuant to the rights entitled under the First Amendment.

Last week, a man from Louisiana drafted a petition requesting to opt his state out of the continental United States following the announcement that Obama had secured a second term as president. Now people from 19 other states have followed suit.

http://www.infowars....ions-to-secede/

Edited by knucklehead bob

Do you really want him to go all Lincoln on you? Really? Again? Oh man.

Right. My comment wasn't pointed at you KBob.

Then perhaps your query should be worded otherwise . Do people really want him to go all Lincoln on them? Really? Again? Oh man.. . . . You see how easy it is for people to misunderstand ? Edited by knucklehead bob

The people who seek secession do not understand the consequences of such a move. This is political theater from a group of people who feel they got screwed at the last election. Then again, maybe they plan to form a new country: The Red States of America.

How about a more descriptive title, like "Dumbfugastan".

These are the same people that called us "unpatriotic" when we opposed the Iraq war and "if you don't like it, get the heck out of my country."

:-)

I love watching people like that throw temper tantrums.

Hahaha... seccession.... what a joke. I would love to go killem me some texan seccessionists.

It's humorous but irrelevant.

Edited by Malamute

These are the same people that called us "unpatriotic" when we opposed the Iraq war and "if you don't like it, get the heck out of my country."

:-)

I love watching people like that throw temper tantrums.

Hahaha... seccession.... what a joke. I would love to go killem me some texan seccessionists.

It's humorous but irrelevant.

I've spent time in Texas . It sometimes seemed as if I was in another country . :wacko: Edited by knucklehead bob

Texas was an independent country for about 10 years. During that time they sold off half the country's land to the United States to cover their increasing debt. After they still couldn't make ends meet economically, they begged the US to join us. Independence looks good on paper, the reality is totally different.

I guess I'd like to know what gave the citizen the apparent authority to act on behalf of the state? Uhhh, nothing from what I read in the article. The article is misleading. These petitions don't appear to be state-sanctioned. These, instead, are individuals that are angry and have decided to act on the state's behalf. Maybe I should circulate a petition that says Michigan wants the feds to change marijuana scheduling. Then maybe I can get this reporter to report that "Michigan" wants the feds to change scheduling.

I really feel these petitions were only filed to show extreme disapproval of the FEDS for not doing their jobs correctly. They don't appear to be getting the message that we are done with the lies. If the government won't allow our votes for legalization, they sure as heck won't Secede any States.

We are stuck until the FEDS get a wake-up call to reality. Maybe this past election will be the start of the wake-up call..