Caregivers In Grand Rapids

cbenton

As a brand new medical marijuana patient I've been trying to decide which route I would like to go in order to get medical marijuana, thus I am having a hard time deciding. I have the knowledge to grow the plants myself but here in-lies a problem that I don't want to be stuck with. When you're allowed up to 12 plants, what do you do with your excess yield? Most plants yield 300 to 1000 grams if their treated properly and taken care of, so being that the law states you can have up to 12 plants or 2.5 ozs when haverst time comes around, what can you do with the excess?

I also haven't necessarily been able to locate a caregiver to grow for me in the Greater Grand Rapids area, so another question is is there a local care giver co-op or list of searchable reliable care givers anywhere? Do care givers typically charge you for growing your medical marijuana?

Lastly, I've looked into a few of the local dispensaries Eco-Options has been by far the most recommended from everyone I talk too, what's the risk involved with going to a dispensary?

I ask all of these questions because I was charged with Use of Marijuana despite being a medical marijuana patient in the greater grand rapids area. When asked guilty or not guilty I plead not guilty and asked for the case to be thrown out as I am a medical marijuana patient, I was swiftly denied by the Judge.

Anyone who can help with my general questions, your help is greatly appreciated.

for growing your own, yeah the 2.5oz limit is a problem only if you make it a problem. if you can get 1 kilo off 1 plant, why are you growing 12 plants at a time? excess can be converted into oil. theres some talk about if its still on the plant, and the plant is still in the dirt, its not 'usable' yet. but i dont know if that excuse actually made it to court. i havent heard of any cases about only getting charged with being over the 2.5oz limit yet either.

caregivers are to be 'compensated' for growing , per ounce. just like everyone else.

there are some cg who sell the mmj illegally and give free ounces per month or some such arrangement. i wouldnt recommend it.

you could appeal your court case , if its worth it to you. the supreme court just ruled on how patients are to be allowed an affirm defense, the judge who denied you was wrong.

for locating dispensaries, there is the weedmaps site. i'm not sure if there is a better local alternative.

risk involved with buying from a dispensary? not much. as a patient you are protected. well unless you get a bad judge.

risks include:

spidermite infested medicine

expensive medicine

not lab tested medicine

medibles being inconsistent, some having no effect, some having super effects and some keep you awake when you want to sleep.

chemical ferts used instead of organically grown

if the dispensary makes a copy of your id, then the feds raid their records, you may be entered into some ... database!

etc

welcome new patient! dont sweat it.

As a brand new medical marijuana patient I've been trying to decide which route I would like to go in order to get medical marijuana, thus I am having a hard time deciding. I have the knowledge to grow the plants myself but here in-lies a problem that I don't want to be stuck with. When you're allowed up to 12 plants, what do you do with your excess yield? Most plants yield 300 to 1000 grams if their treated properly and taken care of, so being that the law states you can have up to 12 plants or 2.5 ozs when haverst time comes around, what can you do with the excess?

I also haven't necessarily been able to locate a caregiver to grow for me in the Greater Grand Rapids area, so another question is is there a local care giver co-op or list of searchable reliable care givers anywhere? Do care givers typically charge you for growing your medical marijuana?

Lastly, I've looked into a few of the local dispensaries Eco-Options has been by far the most recommended from everyone I talk too, what's the risk involved with going to a dispensary?

I ask all of these questions because I was charged with Use of Marijuana despite being a medical marijuana patient in the greater grand rapids area. When asked guilty or not guilty I plead not guilty and asked for the case to be thrown out as I am a medical marijuana patient, I was swiftly denied by the Judge.

Anyone who can help with my general questions, your help is greatly appreciated.

If you are a good enough grower to get 300 to 1,000 grams per plant then yo ushould have no problem setting up a perpetual grow and harvesting one plant at a time and stay within limits.

Just curious? How many 1,000w lights to get 1 plant to produce 1,000 grams (and just to help people put that in perspective...thats 2.2 pounds or about 40 ounces.)

caregivers are a dime a dozen, good ones not so many, but there are cg's especially in that area.. and surrounding area... heck its legal to an oz now in gr.. or will be in two weeks.. like said above, grow your own or get a cg.. its your choice, so what happened in your possession charge?

kilo a plant huh,, well 5k watts aint enough ... thats outdoor grow rates... although im sure there are many growers here that do that under lights all the time ,, just ask them ...lol

Edited by Willy

Sorry, I have yet one more question I might aswell add on to here, What are or are there any consequences for making hash from the left-over resin coated leaves?

Just stay in quantity. Remember that when you get it in a mash you are responsible for the weight of the mash. Either do it in private, quickly, and take the risk, or don't do it at all.

Well, quantity is why I asked, was "hash" considered part of the 2.5 oz of dried material you're allowed or is it considered a bi-product of it's own like pollen from males or hermaphrodites. Everything I'm intending to do is in my own house by myself. I just wasn't able to find anything while reading the act that included 'bi-products' from the plants other than roots, stems, and seeds were not to be accounted for in the classified weight.

Well, quantity is why I asked, was "hash" considered part of the 2.5 oz of dried material you're allowed or is it considered a bi-product of it's own like pollen from males or hermaphrodites. Everything I'm intending to do is in my own house by myself. I just wasn't able to find anything while reading the act that included 'bi-products' from the plants other than roots, stems, and seeds were not to be accounted for in the classified weight.

You would expect hash to be in your 2.5. But you can also expect some push back from over zealous law enforcement who might consider concentrates different. You might be a test case.

You would expect hash to be in your 2.5. But you can also expect some push back from over zealous law enforcement who might consider concentrates different. You might be a test case.

I certainly hope I'm not a test case lol, I'm not doing anything against the law.. in the states eyes. I'm trying to figure a few things out while I have my little guys starting, because if I don't have to waste viable material I won't.

a good care giver is invaluable... if you want a good one expect to have to compensate them.. nothing is free.. but in saying that your caregiver should be able to provide several top strains at fair prices.. knowledge of the strains and the medicinal value each one has and the effect it will have on you... your caregiver should also work with you to find what strains they have that will best suit your needs... top strains and rare ones are hard to come by... consistency is important as well, your caregiver should be able to provide you with the medicine u need when u need it..

(j) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28wmv02zj5kqrqik55jnq4fc55%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26423

i would say the words "any preparation thereof" would indicate that the hash would be included in the 2.5 oz's. because you create it with the intent of using it. it therefor is a "usable extract"...if you were trying to destroy or recycle it such as the unusable parts like the roots, stalks and seeds, the intent of the storage would be clear and would speak toward the "perceived value" of the product.

i would count it toward usable. by creating it you are able to turn a much larger volume into a concentrated form... but it is in no way a byproduct. it is a calculated extract... therefor... it most likely counts.

just my opinion of course... i am no lawyer to be sure...

oh i apologize :o

thanks T...i thought the op was asking if hash was considered usable or not usable as it relates to volume and storage. i had not inferred he was asking about any additional or harsher penalties as a result of "purifying" the cannabis in an extract.

i dont know if Michigan Leo treats "hash" harsh. :)

Just stay in quantity. Remember that when you get it in a mash you are responsible for the weight of the mash.

If your making oil or mash w\e; remember to Label the contents of just how much actual cannabis you used to make your batch. Keep it simple; label everything.

This could be another area that TESTING could be used in a very good way. A sample of canna butter could be tested to find the actual percentage of cannabis in the product. A label from the actual testing institution would be the best and most legit way to make this happen. To bad the testing thread is full of ego's and ill tempers. It has it's place and this needs to be addressed; not squabbled over.

If your making oil or mash w\e; remember to Label the contents of just how much actual cannabis you used to make your batch. Keep it simple; label everything.

This could be another area that TESTING could be used in a very good way. A sample of canna butter could be tested to find the actual percentage of cannabis in the product. A label from the actual testing institution would be the best and most legit way to make this happen. To bad the testing thread is full of ego's and ill tempers. It has it's place and this needs to be addressed; not squabbled over.

That's not going to fly with hash oil. I use 2.5 ounces of cannabis to make a few grams of true medical cannabis oil. Unless specified somewhere in a law, you should be able to have 2.5 ounces of cannabis oil per patient. Testing doesn't even enter the equation at all.

That's not going to fly with hash oil. I use 2.5 ounces of cannabis to make a few grams of true medical cannabis oil. Unless specified somewhere in a law, you should be able to have 2.5 ounces of cannabis oil per patient. Testing doesn't even enter the equation at all.

Right - either the material is cannabis or it isn't. We don't need to test to find out. If I put 1 oz of cannabis in a 16-serving batch of brownies, I know how much cannabis is in there. I don't need a lab to tell me. There is 1 oz. in there.

Edited by Highlander

I believe rest is correct but I dont think highlander is saying the same thing. When you make brownies don't you run the risk of Leo weighing the brownies as is?

I'm saying there is no need for a lab to say how much is in the brownies. The patient or CG can do that. We aren't children and don't need our parents watching over us. It is insulting to suggest that a lab can declare our meds compliant be we can't. If I say there's 1/2 oz in the brownies, then there is 1/2 oz in the F-ing brownies. I'm not about to pay a lab $50 and a sample brownie to give me a sticker stating how much cannabis is in the brownies.

Edited by Highlander