Problem- The City Wants To Come In

TomJ

Hey I am in a bit of a dilemma. The city I reside in has notified me that there is something wrong with my water meter and they have to check the sending unit. I do not want them in my house. What am I suppose to do in this case?

I had the same problem . The new meter is electronic with the sender inside and the meter outside . The sender had to be replaced as the reading on the meter outside was not changing . Just be sure everything is out of sight , out of mind . EDIT: Macomb County Edited by knucklehead bob

I had the same problem . The new meter is electronic with the sender inside and the meter outside . The sender had to be replaced as the reading on the meter outside was not changing . Just be sure everything is out of sight , out of mind . EDIT: Macomb County

LOL

Do you mean it would be any different if I've lived in Oakland County

I know that this has happen to me many many times well not me but some one I know anyways he would rent a Uraul truck and fill it with plants and park it out front of his house

It's worth the $ just for pice of mind

This happened all over Birmingham when they installed smart meters last year. Make sure your grow is locked and enclosed and scent-free, and leave nothing out that would make them think of marijuana. Everything should be fine. There were no incidents at all within our club.

Am sure it would just make someone wonder what is behind the locked door

And if you are flowering you can't mask that

One should expect that at sometime a gas or water meter may need to be accessed by the city/electric company. You can not prevent access. What I have done when this happens is get everything out of sight and then wash the floor in the area of the meter w/ "straight" pinesol or something similar. The smell will over power everything and the service person will just want to leave as soon as possible. Just offer some excuse that the place was a mess and you wanted to clean up, but sorry you knocked over the Pinesol container

last week they tried to give me a smart reader, i stopped the guy at his truck , said no f'n way im letting you do that, told him it was an invasion of privacy, he said no problem. day later they called and asked why , i said dont need a why, dont want it... they said ok your under no obligation to install one.. least not yet. but they told me i would pay a few bucks extra a month for a replacement meter due to it being old and not much stock to repair one.. lol ya right..

In your case its inside.. and its a water meter,, go figure, i think you gotta let them do that..

Edited by Willy

Hey I am in a bit of a dilemma. The city I reside in has notified me that there is something wrong with my water meter and they have to check the sending unit. I do not want them in my house. What am I suppose to do in this case?

Same exact thing happened to me 3 months ago my grow room contains the actual meter i shut everything down took pure clorox bleach mopped the entire area once they got there before they came down i did it again for good measure dude came in from the water department funny he looked like more of a smoker than me lol fixed the wire leading outside its all good .

IMO your drawing more suspicion to you by denying them access dont automaticly assume the public worker is anti cannabis the medical vote passed in every county in michigan we have lots of supporters behind our law .

• 2 months later...

This happened all over Birmingham when they installed smart meters last year. Make sure your grow is locked and enclosed and scent-free, and leave nothing out that would make them think of marijuana. Everything should be fine. There were no incidents at all within our club.

Really, a line of marijuana scented incense would really come in handy at a time like this, don't you agree? Better than trying to hide the odor, make it overpowering and be sure to show the incense burning to the worker.

Maybe the MMMA could brand it and use it as a fund raiser? Heck I'd buy some and I don't even need it.

Dr. Bob

i dont think this line of reasoning will work

first because if LEO smells cannabis they are going to investigate.

if you show them a can of scented whatever do u think that will somehow stop the investigation?

no - and in fact it will most likely add a bunch of probable cause situations.

the scent of cannabis may still be used as an indicator to a crime.

the presentation of a can of scented whatever will not stop LEO from entry and further examination to determine if the scent was stand alone or some kind of coverup.

only the card has that power to stop them and show that the scent is not probable cause to a crime being committed... even then... they have been crossing the lines.

I saw the guy walk up to my house, presumably to read my meter from outside, so I assume it works. I thought they could read them from the road, but apparently not.

some can be read from the road but many still have to be done manually.

you can read and report your own electric meter numbers.

they are only required to come and do a physical inspection once a year...

im not sure on Gas or water...

strangely enough my water meter can be read from the road.. but this last month the walked up to my house as well..

i saw the footprints in the snow.

some can be read from the road but many still have to be done manually.

you can read and report your own electric meter numbers.

they are only required to come and do a physical inspection once a year...

im not sure on Gas or water...

strangely enough my water meter can be read from the road.. but this last month the walked up to my house as well..

i saw the footprints in the snow.

As I have mentioned recently, I am not used to having snow on the ground, but it sure is a good tell-tale sign of what goes on when you are not watching! I apparently have a pet wabbit or 2!