Kent County Prosecutor Halts Grand Rapids Decrimiliztion Amendment

BS aside the law is clear , these local ordinances are symbolic, like it or not.

prohibition of marijuana laws are already 'selective enforcement' against people of color. this amendment would stop that 'selective enforcement'. why are the legislators and police forces and prosecutors and judges and even juries so racist? is the real question.

These local votes are symbolic. State trumps local in Michigan. Same reason local cannot ban MMJ, even though they think they can.

and in the united states federal law trumps state law. So michigan medical marijuana program is a symbolic one...? I'd venture a guess that if the citizens of wyoming/oakland collected signatures to outlaw MMJ that it would be a significantly different story but it was overzealousness officals that outlawed it there with a large back lash from the community.

BS aside the law is clear , these local ordinances are symbolic, like it or not.

Im sure that incumbent officals through out the state share your viewpoint but im not sure how it can help us here. Especially since you've just reposted the same thing you just said.

I aslo understand that in cities like Kzoo, officers are not guitly of a misdemeanor if they report said "crime" to the prosecutor. So i could see how that is symbolic...

Edited by THEmichi-icky

The fed operates under interstate commerce, so no not the same. Please try to follow along or stay out if you lack the knowledge.

and in the united states federal law trumps state law. So michigan medical marijuana program is a symbolic one...? I'd venture a guess that if the citizens of wyoming/oakland collected signatures to outlaw MMJ that it would be a significantly different story but it was overzealousness officals that outlawed it there with a large back lash from the community.

Im sure that incumbent officals through out the state share your viewpoint but im not sure how it can help us here. Especially since you've just reposted the same thing you just said.

I aslo understand that in cities like Kzoo, officers are not guitly of a misdemeanor if they report said "crime" to the prosecutor. So i could see how that is symbolic...

The fed operates under interstate commerce, so no not the same. Please try to follow along or stay out if you lack the knowledge.

so the fed, whos been busting people in michigan for transporting meds to other michigan patients, is acting under interstate commerce? and im not following along...

Edited by THEmichi-icky

This is not about state, local or even federal law. This is about headlines!

Bill Forsyth more than likely will run for office again if not a higher office. If he wants the backing of the GOP then he has to impress his boss Bill Schuette who obviously is the GOP's top choice in Michigan. Because the GOP and the Romney campaign tapped ol' BS to stomp for Romney not Snyder. Bill has already said he intends to run for governor so this putts is licking boots early. If Snyder runs again BS will probably not run this time but if he doesn't run for re-election bill is waiting to pounce, and after a possible second term bill will absolutely run for the office if he is not already running for a federal office. This is politics plain and simple he wants headlines he is getting them.

Surprising as it is, LOL. Nobody that voted for national healthcare wants to chime in about, how they are responsible for expanding the commerce clause. Yet they claim to care about rights, lol. This site is full of children and fools, too bad.

Uhhhh, no one here voted for national healthcare. Unless, of course, we have US Congresspersons and Senators here.

Surprising as it is, LOL. Nobody that voted for national healthcare wants to chime in about, how they are responsible for expanding the commerce clause. Yet they claim to care about rights, lol. This site is full of children and fools, too bad.

The commerce clause has been abused as a way to federally regulate ever since FDR. Gun control is based on the commerce clause. Why? Because the sale of guns affects interstate commerce. We have had US Sup Cts uphold federal laws when they don't even deliver a glancing blow to interstate commerce. They weasel things in just because pretty much everything is affected by money.

Talk all you want. Obama and obama care expanded it. The right case with the right lawyer at the right time and things change, but empowering them more was a big mistake!

The commerce clause has been abused as a way to federally regulate ever since FDR. Gun control is based on the commerce clause. Why? Because the sale of guns affects interstate commerce. We have had US Sup Cts uphold federal laws when they don't even deliver a glancing blow to interstate commerce. They weasel things in just because pretty much everything is affected by money.

If you voted dem you voted national health, I figured you would be smart enough to figure that one out, guess not.

I see, so you had a crystal ball when you voted in 2008. You knew it was coming down the pike.

Newsflash--politicians don't necessarily do what we want them to or thought they would after they are elected. To say that someone whom voted for Obama in 2008 also voted for Obamacare is like saying those who voted for Anthony Weiner also voted for sexting scandals. :rolleyes:

Folks seem to be forgetting the city attorney.

In the past, she urged the cities of Michigan to try to use court action to eliminate the MMA.

She urged cities to post officers outside compassion clubs to trap patients leaving the location.

Oh no PB I surely don't forget her! She is a demon!