So The House Has Passed Right To Work.

CaveatLector

so why did the legislators pass this law, and not a law like:

employers arent allowed to lock employees in after work and fire them unless they work unpaid overtime (walmart)

employers must promote women at the same ratio as men (hey walmart again!)

or businesses cant open up stores with stuff made in china and sell it for half of the price of american made products (oh walmart!)

or maybe a law that says stores in michigan have to sell 10% 'made-in-michigan' products? that would help our economy a lot!

maybe a law that says cars have to be made here again? i dunno. why is the ford i'm driving made in mexico? hows that help anyone?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I knew unskilled GM new hires start at $12.50/hour plus benefits. Correct if I'm wrong. Also, tell me how that isn't a fair wage for unskilled labor. Show me a profession that requires education and/or skills that pays much more per hour than that starting out. This whole "unfair" nonsense is just a load of crap.

Did you see the classless union thugs tearing down that tent on the capitol lawn the other day? Not only knocked it down but proceeded to cut it to ribbons. No one was arrested for that. No one, even though there is footage of their faces clear as day! That tent was huge and likely worth thousands. Unions are bullies, plain and simple.

$12.50/hour is not enough to raise a family. $12.50/hour is not enough to give your kid a proper education or live a healthy lifestyle. Now, I know you're going to say that that's what they get for "not pursuing something better in life." But we can only have so many scientists, so many lawyers, so many doctors before those fields are saturated (and all except for the latter already are, believe me). We need auto workers, we need people stocking the shelves at Walmart. And they deserve to live a decent life, as we all do.

How about you complain about those who are making $12,500/hour? They're the real thugs, the real thieves.

And if you don't think this law nooses unions, I have a bridge to sell you.

In the end, our society really has two choices. Make some concessions, give people maybe 2% of the value of their labor as opposed to 1%, and suffer the hideous poverty that comes with only stealing 98% of the fruits of their hard work - or face inevitable revolution. Right, wrong, fair, unfair, this is a fact. Apparently some people have a thing for getting guillotined.

inequality-page25_actualdistribwithlegend.png