Pre-Employment Drug Testing

I am scheduled to take a pre-employment drug test Jan 15th, I am a registered medical marijuana user, but this doesnt matter, if I fail the test, I miss out on the job of a lifetime and the opportunity to move closer to family and friends.

Now, I have already done the almost impossible, which is quit smoking on Decemeber 22nd when I accepted the job. I am concerned that the 23 days until my test will not be enough time to clean out. I am a little over weight, 5'9" 190 lbs, a little gut and boobage going on, but nothing too bad.

I ordered a 10 pack of drug tests online to test myself on the days leading up to the actual test, and also some quick fix 5.7 synthetic urine as a back up.

I am looking for any advice/personal experiences with laboratory drug testing and using synthetic urine or even someone elses clean urine to pass the test.

I read that drinking a bunch of water every day will do nothing to clean you out faster, the only thing that really works is adding in some exercise and fat burning. Anything else i can do to try to clean out in time?

using a small travel-shampoo bottle of clean urine is best, from the threads i've read. i forgot the amount you need, but somewhere near 3-4 oz. can get clean empty bottles at cvs i think.

heat it up using your car heater, then tuck it between your legs, to keep the temp up. practice walking with it tucked there. people mentioned using two pairs of briefs to keep it in place.

a month should be enough to detoxify most people. depending on metabolism. start exercizing, sweat off those thc molecules!

drinking filtered water and eating a diet low in fat (e.g. raw vegetables for a month) will probably make your body use up some of its reserve fat cells.

course i am no doctor, i've only read a bunch of forum posts on various websites. good luck.

Thanks for the input guys, the test will be at a doctors office, and I am almost sure that its a urine test, and that it will not be monitored, but I have been known to be wrong once or twice before..lol. My goal is to not use any substitutions, but I just have this feeling I wont be clean in time. I have 10 tests coming in the mail, I will be monitoring myself up until the test date.

Last night was day 7, and so far the worst.. I tossed and turned all night and had the most lucid and crazy dreams I've had in awhile.. this is not my first time having to quit, so I knew what to expect, but usually that comes on night one or two, not night 7. Hopefully tonight is a little better. I think the reason is when i quit before, i was not consuming as much, and it wasnt of this quality, so the sleepless nights and crazy dreams were a little delayed.

So I just got word from my potential employer that Lexisnexis is the company handling the drug screen and background check... and i am waiting to hear back on the testing location. Now I am a little more worried using the synthetic whizz, as I am reading they send it out to national labs... and also I am not even sure if it is just going to be a urine test, because lexisnexis also does hair tests...So, I about have an ulcer by now...

Hey ee, dont sweat it. are you interveiwing for a nuke plant or something like that. most preemployment drug screens are wizz quizzes.whats national labs? did you know i can do urine testing in my basement and call it what ever i want.

all ya need is a licence and a dba. in the last 15 years i've done at least a hundred of these and all there for is to discriminate against cannabis users thats it. so dont worry bout it and give yerself a ulcer. give them what they want and go to work.

Did they indicate what the time frame was on when they would be contacting you?

Let's keep our confidence solid :)

I might do some Goggling and see if there is a shop close to you that sells some of the detox products that could help. While there it might be a good time to make some conversation and see if perhaps the person working there has heard anything about the place you will be tested at. Odds are if they are a prolific employer in your area others have had experience. The person working at the local supply store might be able to direct you to what other people have had success with and also give some insight into the nuances of their testing SOPs.

Hey ee, dont sweat it. are you interveiwing for a nuke plant or something like that. most preemployment drug screens are wizz quizzes.whats national labs? did you know i can do urine testing in my basement and call it what ever i want.

all ya need is a licence and a dba. in the last 15 years i've done at least a hundred of these and all there for is to discriminate against cannabis users thats it. so dont worry bout it and give yerself a ulcer. give them what they want and go to work.

I mean that Lexisnexis has multiple collection sites all across the country, and they send all their samples to one lab that does them all. Ive looked into their SOP and they follow the federal standards for drug testing, and its not a nuke plant but its a pretty high up management position with a large international company. Lexisnexis does all types of HR stuff, and background/drug screening, it all depends on what service the employer orders,(ie hair, urine saliva) I am still hoping its going to be a tinkle test. Thanks for the advice, "dont sewat it" is all i need to hear sometimes.

Did they indicate what the time frame was on when they would be contacting you?

Let's keep our confidence solid :)

I might do some Goggling and see if there is a shop close to you that sells some of the detox products that could help. While there it might be a good time to make some conversation and see if perhaps the person working there has heard anything about the place you will be tested at. Odds are if they are a prolific employer in your area others have had experience. The person working at the local supply store might be able to direct you to what other people have had success with and also give some insight into the nuances of their testing SOPs.

Thanks man, i am usually really confident and optimistic, and I still kind of am. Its just that I really need this job and everything that comes with it for myself and my family. It came out of nowhere, or else I would have quit smoking with plenty of time. I should hear back by friday on where and when ill be testing. I wont be taking any of the quick detox drinks... They do not work for me, I know that from personal experience on probation. I am hoping i will be cleaned out by the time I take the test, or else substitute..

dude, roll a fat one, smoke down and relax, then switch it with proper temp synthetic or known clean urine as mentioned above. I still tested borderline at 45 days before. why take a chance on your future?

your not in the wrong here. they are making you play this supid game. if anyone should feel bad, it's the insurance companies requiring companies to invade your privicy and medical status.

the fact that a coke addict can test clean in 24-48 hours but 1 joint can be tested for weeks has made me angry since testing came to america. I've never failed one since my first time where I really did quit, only to still test dirty at 47 days..two things never happened again after that. I've never failed another test, and I never again adjusted my usage for anyone else but me. F' em

dude, roll a fat one, smoke down and relax, then switch it with proper temp synthetic or known clean urine as mentioned above. I still tested borderline at 45 days before. why take a chance on your future?

your not in the wrong here. they are making you play this supid game. if anyone should feel bad, it's the insurance companies requiring companies to invade your privicy and medical status.

the fact that a coke addict can test clean in 24-48 hours but 1 joint can be tested for weeks has made me angry since testing came to america. I've never failed one since my first time where I really did quit, only to still test dirty at 47 days..two things never happened again after that. I've never failed another test, and I never again adjusted my usage for anyone else but me. F' em

Well its been a couple weeks so I better make it a skinny one... lol, last time i quit for awhile and smoked a fatty with one other person, It was like going back to the first times I ever got really stoned.. in that case.. better make it a fatty.

Yeah, I've been set on the substitution for a bit now. I just got four 3oz bottles of quick fix in the mail, it was buy 3 get on free.. what a deal! my wife will probaly be needing one soon if she starts looking for another job, and I like your idea on another thread for randoms, bring a hot thermos everyday to keep the clean stuff warm!

One question I do have, is when using someone elses clean urine, should I get it from them like right before the test and keep it warm, or is it fine to put in the fridge or freezer for a bit? I read that it can get really dark yellow and stinky and start to degrade somehow....

Edited by engineered_excellence

I think I might have posted this before but when I went in the service it took me 90 days for a clean whiz. I have a thyroid issue which I believe to be the reason but 90 days. My recruiter thought I was full of bunny muffin. I was also working out quite a bit as I was a chub, and have read that although working out helps, you do not want to be active the day or two before the test.

When i had to drop for probation it took almost two months to clean out..... hash oil &the edibles stay with you alot longer then doobies... im skinny guy that works everyday in the oil patch so sweating it out dont help/work either.....

Finally, I just used the synthetic......,PASS...........

got a random for work last month, used the synthetic again........Pass!

• 3 years later...

I think for the most part drug tests are a  joke !! If the employee screws up bad,late all the time,  causes problems or is just plain useless THEN drug test them. I used to work with guys that came to work high went out for lunch and got high and they were fantastic amazing smart productive workers who put out a  quality product and always within the budget. 

the places I worked ONLY tested when someone was hurt bad enough to seek treatment. They were open about their concern for law suits, and would use alcohol/drugs in their counter claims if needed. Drinkers were way more troublesome than cannabis users, missed more time, smelled worse, and often had messed up personal lives. Us cannabis users were the ones organizing after work activities and providing shop morale. The best crews I've seen were led by cannabis users, never an uptight collar on the verge of breakdown among them.