Cost Of The New Cards? $100 Or $200?

t-pain

22 members have voted

1. 1. 2 year cards, $100 or $200?

• $100
    • $200

my best guess is like you said Ozzrokk, double up, hopin they dont, i just got approved for ssd, so i can pay the 25 dollars to renew now, so doulbling up wouldnt be bad for me , but not as easy for others, just curious if the Drs are gonna double it up too, i go to my primary care physician to certify and renew been 3 years now, so i have a bonafide relationship, he charges me 125 but i dont mind being he is my primary dr and i dont deal with a card mill.

They should change the low income fee to zero.

no they shouldn't

nobody is entitled to free.

besides. if your on disability your income is provided to you anyways. technically it is already free. since it was given in the first place (tax free). all a injured person need to do when on disabilty is make sure it gets sent to the correct place.

budget issues are a completely different argument.

but nothing should be free for anyone as far as i am concerned.

I can agree that nothing is or should be free. That said I will also add that disability is not free or GIVEN it is something that is PAID into , by each individual, for a rainy day and if you are disabled then it is raining. Tax free? I do not believe that it is completely tax free. At least not for all.

I can agree that nothing is or should be free. That said I will also add that disability is not free or GIVEN it is something that is PAID into , by each individual, for a rainy day and if you are disabled then it is raining. Tax free? I do not believe that it is completely tax free. At least not for all.

Fact is, most people on disability need every cent they get just to survive.

We are paying a fee to take advantage of what nature provides. I think it's wrong for ANY of us to pay the state for what God provides.

Disability is an insurance that pays if you meet the qualifications of the policy. You pay in just like any other insurance, and you get paid back when the rules say you get paid. It's not a hand out. It's money you earned just like if you took out an insurance policy on your home and it burned down. It's an insult to disabled people when you treat disabiltity as a hand out, it's also ignorant. Is a check from State Farm for your burned down house a hand out? Nope, neither is social security disability or workers compensation. Social security disability is taxed, workers comp isn't, doesn't make any difference though. Neither is a hand out.

my apologies...

sincerely if i offended anyone.. with my statement...

i do not think of disability payments as charity.. or free. just that it is a payment that is there before any other adjustments are made... so by free it is there and available and provided to utilize for expenses.

and i feel that the program is a worthy expense..

nothing in this world is free of charge.

i should never have used the term "free"when referring to the disability payment.

i do apologize.

just that it is a payment that is there before any other adjustments are made...

Not true, adjustments are made to disability checks just like with other insurance checks and pay checks. There are always adjustments and the legislature is trying to make even more adjustments.

Edited by Restorium2

Fact is, most people on disability need every cent they get just to survive.

We are paying a fee to take advantage of what nature provides. I think it's wrong for ANY of us to pay the state for what God provides.

Spot on PB, I live at or below the poverty line, I never have an extra dollar it seems our budget requires every dime we get just to survive.

I'd like to see some of you live the way we have to, it's not much fun, not even when you are medicated (yes, I still have my sense of humor).

Edited by Herb Cannabis

Getting back to to point of the thread, I don't think the state will change the fees, but that is their decision. The only thing we can control is what we do. Personally, in my practice, I don't plan on charging more for the extra time on the card because it really doesn't change my workload. I might have to travel a bit more (already going to two trips to the UP and most of the really heavy clinics a month) but I don't think it will impact my expenses and time.

As for any lost revenue from only having to see the patients every two years, I think that will be MORE than made up by the new conditions that qualify for cards. Currently we are, at most, only doing 1/2 the people that qualify under the current conditions. Cali has 4% of the population with cards, so does CO, Michigan is running less than 2% so there are twice the patients out there already, I just need to get them in. Add PTSD and it will be as big as chronic severe pain by itself, and there are others in the pipeline.

So in my book, I have no intentions of raising prices. If most of my income was based on doing no record certs, or certs through the mail, I might have to make it up somehow. But it is not, nor is most of my income based on MMJ. So I can easily afford to keep the price stable.

Dr. Bob

i don't think i am coming across very well today....

so i had better probably quit while i am behind.. :)

my mental clarity is totally askew today..

by before any adjustments rest i mean to say... before you get out of bed in the morning.. it is there when you wake up.. as the saying goes.

adjusted for circumstances yes...income, work history, i am not even sure.. everyone's is different that i know of and constantly under attack by someone... or something in the world of payments.

my comment was about since the money is there...use it..

i would probably before rent, cable, phone, electricity or many other expenses in my life because my certification must come first.

i feel like it has become necessary for me to survive.

Getting back to to point of the thread, I don't think the state will change the fees, but that is their decision. The only thing we can control is what we do. Personally, in my practice, I don't plan on charging more for the extra time on the card because it really doesn't change my workload. I might have to travel a bit more (already going to two trips to the UP and most of the really heavy clinics a month) but I don't think it will impact my expenses and time.

As for any lost revenue from only having to see the patients every two years, I think that will be MORE than made up by the new conditions that qualify for cards. Currently we are, at most, only doing 1/2 the people that qualify under the current conditions. Cali has 4% of the population with cards, so does CO, Michigan is running less than 2% so there are twice the patients out there already, I just need to get them in. Add PTSD and it will be as big as chronic severe pain by itself, and there are others in the pipeline.

So in my book, I have no intentions of raising prices. If most of my income was based on doing no record certs, or certs through the mail, I might have to make it up somehow. But it is not, nor is most of my income based on MMJ. So I can easily afford to keep the price stable.

Dr. Bob

That's a good way to look at it, but with 2-year cards you will lose revenue but still have the possibility that one of your patients will need his Dr. to testify in court. Maybe you should offer a regular cert for the same price as usual and give the patient the option to pay some nominal fee that signs him up for free testimony if he needs it? Or maybe align yourself with an attorney and offer patients a legal representation "insurance" too. Collect $10 from 2,000 patients and that gives you $20k to "pay yourself" when you do testify and pay an attorney if a patient needs it. And if all goes well and people stay out of trouble, yay, everyone wins.

That's a good way to look at it, but with 2-year cards you will lose revenue but still have the possibility that one of your patients will need his Dr. to testify in court. Maybe you should offer a regular cert for the same price as usual and give the patient the option to pay some nominal fee that signs him up for free testimony if he needs it? Or maybe align yourself with an attorney and offer patients a legal representation "insurance" too. Collect $10 from 2,000 patients and that gives you $20k to "pay yourself" when you do testify and pay an attorney if a patient needs it. And if all goes well and people stay out of trouble, yay, everyone wins.

Because I am not worried about lost income, I'm worried about doing a good job and being there for my patients. I thought about having attorney 'pre retainers' and opted not to do it. I do put attorney websites on mine so folks have someone to call, but that is just a service I do. Same reason I don't charge for followups, I think it is part of the cost of the cert. That is why mine are worth a little more than others. All this is included.

Dr. Bob

Because I am not worried about lost income, I'm worried about doing a good job and being there for my patients. I thought about having attorney 'pre retainers' and opted not to do it. I do put attorney websites on mine so folks have someone to call, but that is just a service I do. Same reason I don't charge for followups, I think it is part of the cost of the cert. That is why mine are worth a little more than others. All this is included.

Dr. Bob

Thank you for being such an asset to the MMJ community. :thumbsu: