Press Release- New Dispensary Locator Service On The Compassion Chronicles

The Compassion Chronicles, an online news and opinion destination, announces their entry into the market for dispensary locator services supporting Michigan cannabis patients and caregivers.

Lansing, MI (PRWEB) December 31, 2012

The Compassion Chronicles (TCC), an online news and opinion destination, announces their entry into the market for dispensary locator services supporting Michigan patients and caregivers.

Safe Access Central and the new Locator will be added features to TCC’s website in February; they are designed to unite medical marijuana patients with facilities that provide needed services and/or manufacturers of useful products.

Launched in October 2012, TCC features news feeds from notable sources as well as original content provided by regular contributors Tim Beck (Detroit), Rick Thompson (Flint), Charmie Gholson (Ann Arbor), Jamie Lowell (Lapeer County) and Brad Forrester (Cheboygan). Out-of-state bloggers include Jay Selthofner (Wisconsin) and Bryan Brickner (Illinois); guest bloggers include Michigan attorneys Matt Abel, Michael Komorn and John Targowski.

“The new Locator is a perfect marriage of patient services, “said Rick Thompson, editor of The Compassion Chronicles. “Existing and new patients need to easily find places that can help them, and everybody needs the news to stay informed - especially considering the changes made to the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act by Michigan’s legislature as recently as December 2012.”

As companions to Safe Access Central, TCC also announced the creation of two other Michigan services: a cannabis-friendly Attorney Locator service and a similar feature for Physician’s Recommendation services. These will also be on Safe Access Central beginning in February.

“Get legal, stay legal, stay informed, be protected,” Thompson said.

More information is available on TCC's website and by email.

For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/12/prweb10280602.htm

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/business/prweb/article/Cannabis-News-The-Compassion-Chronicles-4156740.php#ixzz2GexY0Cvt

Edited by The Compassion Chronicles

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get legal, stay legal, stay informed, be protected.?????????? What does this mean.

Well, right now according to the Michigan state courts patient to patient transfers for compensation are illegal. That ruling is currently being appealed and is presently being considered by the Michigan Supreme Court. It may be overturned which is why I believe we haven't seen all the dispensaries throughout the state shut down as of yet. If the Appellate Court ruling is not overturned, I believe we may see a change in that attitude.

Well, right now according to the Michigan state courts patient to patient transfers for compensation are illegal. That ruling is currently being appealed and is presently being considered by the Michigan Supreme Court. It may be overturned which is why I believe we haven't seen all the dispensaries throughout the state shut down as of yet. If the Appellate Court ruling is not overturned, I believe we may see a change in that attitude.

Am sorry but IMHO they will not close their doors

Any time soon

A lot of the sick Rely on them it can't happen people need them and some do like going

Even if the SC say's they are illegal

Could you promoters of dispensaries please help out the Chippewa 420 club 13 people busted using your information,

you guys post how its ok to sell pot ,, people take your advice and get busted ,,,,,please help them out,,,

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=809741#.UOLLNm_AcuA

What was the exact advice given and specifically by whom? Did the people receiving this advice follow the advice exactly?

It appears as though, from the comments section of the article you sent, that the defendants and those close to them believe that they were not breaking the law.

They did not mention receiving advice from a group or individual that led them to behave in certain ways that provoked police action.

What is your source for making this assertion?

It seems, on the surface at least, that the opposition to the MMA and the ability for that area to provide aggressive law enforcement against it, is more likely at the root of these issues.

I have to agree with Jamie. They/we are responsible for our own actions. They knew the stakes involved.

Cant belive you can say that when in the begining of this law all the commericals on the radio sayin "hey you can make 50,000 a year being a caregiver" you know who were puttin these out.

People need to watch the news. Prosecutor David Leyton made sure that all the networks were covering him when he said that dispensaries are illegal unless they are just providing a place for caregivers to service their 5 patients ON THEIR CARDS. You would have to have been living under a rock to not have heard about it. I posted it here on this web site over a dozen times. The only reason any dispensary is even open is because the case hasn't been made yet that they are servicing anyone outside of the strict caregiver system. They roll the dice every single day they open their doors, just like the corner drug dealer, the only difference is they rented a building. Almost forgot, these illegal dealers have a LOCATOR. How dumb is that?

Cant belive you can say that when in the begining of this law all the commericals on the radio sayin "hey you can make 50,000 a year being a caregiver" you know who were puttin these out.

Right. But I was right here in Brad's face after he said it. There was always advice here that you could have followed instead of the candy man.

Seems like the dispensaries are safe for patients.....not too sure about the proprietors or workers, excepting possibly in cities like Ann Arbor and Yipsi. have been great assets to me for seeds and clones......liked the farmers market too.....

that said....I am hoping things legally settle down a bit......retiring for awhile.....even as a patient.

Looking for a break thru at the federal level with scheduling and/or clarifying legislation

My nerves can't even handle being a patient/farmer anymore.....too many rules

Seems like the dispensaries are safe for patients.....not too sure about the proprietors or workers, excepting possibly in cities like Ann Arbor and Yipsi. have been great assets to me for seeds and clones......liked the farmers market too.....

that said....I am hoping things legally settle down a bit......retiring for awhile.....even as a patient.

Looking for a break thru at the federal level with scheduling and/or clarifying legislation

My nerves can't even handle being a patient/farmer anymore.....too many rules

Yes, patients are legal buying anywhere. A patient with a card can buy off of CRAIGS list without any risk at all from law enforcement(stay in weight).

The risk is for the sellers. I know one that just got out of jail and then his wife had to serve her sentence after that. If you dump at the dispensary and they can prove it, all your plants at home are illegal, not medical. So, how is it safe access when everyone at the pot store is holding their breath because they are waiting to get popped? They are like a slaughterhouse for the ones who provide the cannabis for them to sell.

Don't really know what's legal anymore....and it doesn't seem to matter anyhow ----as it seem that the police can arbitrarily arrest and take you to court no matter the law.....I want to avoid police encounters cause its hard to know what'll happen. I would not open a dispensary in that kind of environment, whether arguably legal or not.

And all that nonsense about what is a locked and enclosed facility and who can have access.....too many rules that don't make sense purported by creepy judges and prosecutors

Yes, patients are legal buying anywhere. A patient with a card can buy off of CRAIGS list without any risk at all from law enforcement(stay in weight).

The risk is for the sellers. I know one that just got out of jail and then his wife had to serve her sentence after that. If you dump at the dispensary and they can prove it, all your plants at home are illegal, not medical. So, how is it safe access when everyone at the pot store is holding their breath because they are waiting to get popped? They are like a slaughterhouse for the ones who provide the cannabis for them to sell.

Right. But I was right here in Brad's face after he said it. There was always advice here that you could have followed instead of the candy man.

Brad F

He will never live that statement down it sure drawled a lot of business and money for the grow stores

They had gallons of hash oil?

I hope it will end well for them am sure that a rat is it the mix may be even

another Dispensary to take their Customers

that's the biggest problem I see

people getting caught and the cops telling them if they don't give someone up they will be in jail a long time and most people will start talking that's life

ask yourself this Q. are you going to do 10 years for a friend NO you may do 1 year but you have no idea how much time you may get and the Leo's

will tell you all kinds of things they can lie you can't

let's also not forget you don't have the money for a lawyer

I do feel for them if I can help PM me with a phone #

People need to watch the news. Prosecutor David Leyton made sure that all the networks were covering him when he said that dispensaries are illegal unless they are just providing a place for caregivers to service their 5 patients ON THEIR CARDS. You would have to have been living under a rock to not have heard about it. I posted it here on this web site over a dozen times. The only reason any dispensary is even open is because the case hasn't been made yet that they are servicing anyone outside of the strict caregiver system. They roll the dice every single day they open their doors, just like the corner drug dealer, the only difference is they rented a building. Almost forgot, these illegal dealers have a LOCATOR. How dumb is that?

There have been charges brought against some people working in a central location set up in support of patients and caregivers who choose to assemble and do what is allowed under the Act, by what many feel is based on a reasonable interpretation of the law.

Because of the philosophical differences in interpretation of the Act. Some believe that all activity has to be contained between a primary caregiver and only up to the five patients that he or she is directly connected to. Inversely, in my opinion, most believe that such an interpretation does not comport to the intent of the voters, or is a reflection, in a broad scope, of the language in the law.

Most of the cases concerning this very limited interpretation, are stayed pending the outcome of McQueen in the SC to see if the Justices will conclusively determine something that will give direction to this question.

Most often, these charges are brought by way of an investigation that may amount to entrapment. An officer will get a real card, using an alias, and engage in a transaction, then ultimately bring charges. These situations have been set up in places commonly called dispensaries, in people's cars in random locations and in people's homes. There are judges who have found the entrapment argument to be compelling as a defense to this strategy. As is the case with all of it, we will have to see what happens.

If the Justices do not address a wider set of issues, than they may, in the McQueen case, the different distribution scenarios may have to be addressed in subsequent cases.

The use of the affirmative defense will be a factor as well. Particularly, if it turns out that the Justices believe that section 4 only allows for this limited activity.

Anyone, participating in any of this medical marihuana activity, on any level, should understand the risks involved and act accordingly. Quite a bit of this consideration will likely be based on the area in which the activity takes place.

There have been charges brought against some people working in a central location set up in support of patients and caregivers who choose to assemble and do what is allowed under the Act, by what many feel is based on a reasonable interpretation of the law.

Because of the philosophical differences in interpretation of the Act. Some believe that all activity has to be contained between a primary caregiver and only up to the five patients that he or she is directly connected to. Inversely, in my opinion, most believe that such an interpretation does not comport to the intent of the voters, or is a reflection, in a broad scope, of the language in the law.

Most of the cases concerning this very limited interpretation, are stayed pending the outcome of McQueen in the SC to see if the Justices will conclusively determine something that will give direction to this question.

Most often, these charges are brought by way of an investigation that may amount to entrapment. An officer will get a real card, using an alias, and engage in a transaction, then ultimately bring charges. These situations have been set up in places commonly called dispensaries, in people's cars in random locations and in people's homes. There are judges who have found the entrapment argument to be compelling as a defense to this strategy. As is the case with all of it, we will have to see what happens.

If the Justices do not address a wider set of issues, than they may, in the McQueen case, the different distribution scenarios may have to be addressed in subsequent cases.

The use of the affirmative defense will be a factor as well. Particularly, if it turns out that the Justices believe that section 4 only allows for this limited activity.

Anyone, participating in any of this medical marihuana activity, on any level, should understand the risks involved and act accordingly. Quite a bit of this consideration will likely be based on the area in which the activity takes place.

Pretty foggy stuff there...

It is refreshing when a prosecutor spells it right out for you, right Jamie? Like in Gennesee County, no fog there. The prosecutor makes sure everyone knows that he thinks dispensaries are illegal if they aren't just providing a place for caregivers to service the patients spelled out on their cards. He also tells us why some of them in his county are still open. He said that he wasn't going to use his limited resources making the case to close them unless someone from his community specifically complains about one. That's the line in Gennesee County, a complaint. With Genessee County dispensaries selling joints because no patients can afford their mark up, it's just a matter of time until the prosecutor will be making cases. I have seen dispensary reports from there, in the real world, turn ugly lately.