Press Release- New Dispensary Locator Service On The Compassion Chronicles

This whole argument of who can do what with marijuana is kind of absurd. If it is legal for me to posses it and it is legal for you to posses it, what the hell business is it of anyone else what we do between each other with this legal substance?

I know the argument: "It really isn't legal. You only have protection from arrest if you are operating within the law." Someone please explain the difference between "legal" and "not subject to arrest". It is legal for me to posses alcohol so I am not subject to arrest for possessing it. I can also share it with other adults with no repercussions.

not if money is involved.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole argument of who can do what with marijuana is kind of absurd. If it is legal for me to posses it and it is legal for you to posses it, what the hell business is it of anyone else what we do between each other with this legal substance?

I know the argument: "It really isn't legal. You only have protection from arrest if you are operating within the law." Someone please explain the difference between "legal" and "not subject to arrest". It is legal for me to posses alcohol so I am not subject to arrest for possessing it. I can also share it with other adults with no repercussions.

"Legal" could mean section 8 protection.

"Not Subject To Arrest" Is section 4 protection.

You have to keep it straight or people will correct you. It can be confusing if you aren't used to it.

Someone please explain the difference between "legal" and "not subject to arrest

I will be glad to

Don't get caught IMO

I tend towards a more conservative interpretation of the law, one that lends itself to not being blown up in Court as I defend a pet theory that is untested.

Certainly it is not the only way to do things. I would never suggest that. But, for me, I prefer to let the simple words of the act guide the level of risk I would take. It matters not what aspect of medical marijuana one participates in, it is best to stay compliant so you don't face arrest and the resultant consequences.

No offense Purple, but I personally would be a bit uncomfortable going past the "not subject to arrest" mode.

Bob, the difference was set forth at an early CPU meeting when a wise attorney asked us all if we wanted to be arrest proof, or conviction proof. Theoretically your card makes you arrest proof if you are within limits, and without your card or say if you aren't in full compliance with section 4, you are going to be arrested, but may claim an affirmative defense.

Let me also say there are numerous others here who can explain this more clearly than I... lol....

that system didnt help with the good people of the blue water compassion club. and now there charged with running a crimminal enterprize.

The good people of Blue Water are vigorously defending themselves, and remain in operation.

This is also a situation that spans three counties. The local prosecutors either wouldn't or couldn't prosecute, so Schuette jumped on it himself.

We could see some interesting developments this month.

I tend towards a more conservative interpretation of the law, one that lends itself to not being blown up in Court as I defend a pet theory that is untested.

Certainly it is not the only way to do things. I would never suggest that. But, for me, I prefer to let the simple words of the act guide the level of risk I would take. It matters not what aspect of medical marijuana one participates in, it is best to stay compliant so you don't face arrest and the resultant consequences.

No offense Purple, but I personally would be a bit uncomfortable going past the "not subject to arrest" mode.

Bob, the difference was set forth at an early CPU meeting when a wise attorney asked us all if we wanted to be arrest proof, or conviction proof. Theoretically your card makes you arrest proof if you are within limits, and without your card or say if you aren't in full compliance with section 4, you are going to be arrested, but may claim an affirmative defense.

Let me also say there are numerous others here who can explain this more clearly than I... lol....

As most here know we were the first and it's easy to say now every one knew the ends and outs of our Law

You have helped us many times did something change? in you view because after your Rec. and the 21 days its suppose to be as your card?

and what difference in CC like leyton said ....if you have a CG with 5pts and want to start a 'club'...?

evn tho the CGs are vetted thru the cc format the meds still get passed around

I mean if I belong to a CC and your meds as a CG are better than mine or more attractive to my pts then--

I get it tho

That is not how our club works at all. All we do is give new patients a list of reputable CGs in the area, and tell them to shop around before they sign someone up.