Cannabusiness Say Yes To Michigan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks rick...

for De-evolving this conversation...

way to help protect patients... we were discussing how dangerous of a mentality it is to use a pot dispensing machine that operated out of the back room of tobacco stores... before you came in and disrupted the entire conversation making it somehow personal and against your/others dispensary models.

i appreciate your contributions...

however not here and now.

All actual quotes printed in newspapers from pro-dispensary advocates:

(Dispensaries) will eliminate, quite frankly, a lot of the backroom dealings that happen frequently," said Matthew Newburg, a Lansing attorney whose firm is representing about 50 clients who have become entangled between decriminalized medical marijuana and narcotics laws.

"Supporters of regulated dispensaries say the caregiver system is ripe for misuse since they can grow up to 12 plants per patient — or 60 plants for a maximum of five patients"

"You're creating a circumstance that could encourage criminality," said Robert Mullen, a Farmington Hills attorney for the Detroit-based National Patients Rights Association, which advocates for tightly regulated medical marijuana dispensing. "If this is going to be medicine, why not treat it like medicine?"

"It's difficult for me to understand how anybody could propose that medicine should be grown by amateurs in basements,"

So who is watching out for who here?

Rick, if the dispensary bill in Lansing right now, either of them, is amended to restrict home growing will you publicly come out against those bills and try to defeat them with as much vigor as you have supported them up to now? Simple yes or no.

When you say "either of them" are you referring to the Provisioning Centers Act and the Canadian copper mine bill?

I don't consider the Canadian thing, although it includes a distribution model under certain circumstances, to be in the same vein as 5580, or whatever the new title will be- just making sure.

Whether they are the same bill or not is irrelevant to the question. I want to know if those advocating for dispensaries like Rick, including you Jamie, are willing to spend as much time...and money...to PUBLICLY oppose these bills if they restrict home growing.

It's a simple yes or no question and one that seems to be hard to get an answer for. For instance changing the subject to: the two bills aren't the same.

Instead of an answer to the question we get a change of subject.

Whether they are the same bill or not is irrelevant to the question. I want to know if those advocating for dispensaries like Rick, including you Jamie, are willing to spend as much time...and money...to PUBLICLY oppose these bills if they restrict home growing.

It's a simple yes or no question and one that seems to be hard to get an answer for. For instance changing the subject to: the two bills aren't the same.

Instead of answering the question we get a change of subject.

Yes, I will vigorously fight against any attempts to compromise the caregiver system.

my first question/concern would be who is supplying the 'crap in these machines..?

and you know it has a half life? -----these machines are what......'nitrogen' sealed...?

anytime I hear the word tobacco and mmj in the same sentence I cringe!

so this is what the dispensary folks are really up to--?

getting in bed and promoting big corp distribution format...?

so as to take some of the focus off them and they can operate more easily?? or to 'legitamize' them...with big $$$$$

and outside backing-- Canadian? see what they just did to them right??

or is this a way to promote more ways to distribution?

seeds? Monsanto seeds? r u fkn kidding me???

and celli... you know of 50 people!! that have patronized these 'machines'..?

please post the 'establishments'---so we can boycott them

and most advertise allready so I doubt seriously they would be against a 'plug' here

and mr Thompson I wasn't against you guys---in principle but now....grrrrrrr

putting this up on your new compassion chronicles website...??!! wtf...? are you advertising these

and do you support this? how's this going to 'cut in' to your bottom line? r u kidding me mr Lowell....?

I have changed my feelings towards your 'group'----

so MA couldn't get his total "legalization" for ..'commercial,industrial,agricultural' production....passed so now this is what he does..?,$%

sells out to a big mmj marketing corporation? and the dispensary folks are helping him?? hmmmm....

that's why I have always been against the 'total legalization' folks---they have a hidden agenda ($$$$)

especially if theyre lawyers and work with normal (national organization for the REFFERAl of marijuana lawyers)

$$is their religion-- and legalization with big corps is their path to $$enlightenment

beware!! the writing is on the wall--if this is what the cannabis community wants to get behind--

so are these machines going to offer cannabis soda and the sativex sprays and chewing gum the big pharma is marketing...?

this stinks to high heaven!

and the corp is based out of Birmingham?

isn't this zap and mr duke backyard...?

did you guys know about this?

no wonder Birmingham closed the clubs there fast and put a moratorium on them--

is this what the real plan was..? wait for big corp to buy the retail market in certain areas...with sole distributor rights?

is there some political ($$) interest in Birmingham folks should be aware of?

I saw this company about a month ago----but I didn't think anything of it---I thought ...wow vending machines...?!$%#!?

I should have known spirit was sending me a msg-----UGH!

In fairness Jamie has answered that question here at least twice now. Rick, not so much, but he is in a different position than Jamie by far. Rick is making friends here and that is what it is all about right? lol.

As an organization CPU is neutral and even I am willing to wait and see what the supremes have to say, but if one were to show up in Tuscola county I can promise you I will not risk the good will caregiver/patient growers have earned in this community by showing any inclination of support for these operations. I think it is safe to say behind the scenes it will be quite the opposite.

Edited by SFC

--------"......I can promise you I will not risk the good will caregiver/patient growers have earned in this community by showing any inclination of support for these operations. I think it is safe to say behind the scenes it will be quite the opposite."--

I take this as cryptic...?

am I reading this wrong?

"behind" the scenes....? support?

They also are not "selling" the cannabis, but claim they are selling a seed. You get a gram of cannabis as a free sample of the medicine that the seed will presumably grow into.

this imo is what gets them around renumeration of transfers. its free cannabis, but the seed costs money.

thats why they arent waiting for mcqueen, because transfers are legal.... no matter which way MSC rules about money-transfers, this business practice will be ok (depending on local judge/prosecutor lol). unless msc rules on the 'alleviating patients condition' part of 'medical use' but i dont think...

as for having them in tobbacco establishments, thats for eliminating the under-18 crowd. do i think its a good idea? hell no. without being able to inspect cannabis, you will get mold and other problems.

will this protect any employees of tobacco shops? nope. i'd recommend any employee who works near this thing needs to get a reccomendation from their doctor, if only to get sec8 protection in court. iamnotalawyer, donottakethisasadvice.

these machines are yet another thing prohibitionists point at and claim a mockery of medical marijuana too. they'll say 'they banned alchoholic vending machines so why are these things around?'. so i predict these things will get banned by legislation, unless a lot of palms are greased.

Edited by t-pain

And you are right T, I can see them introduce legislation to stop MJ vending machines, and they will use that to start the ball rolling, where it goes from there is anyones guess. Just like the Walsh bills, had so many not been in a rush to open up commercial operations they may never had happened. Unfortunately some are going right back to pushing the envelope instead of just being happy with the awesome law we have. Hang on everyone there are rough waters ahead.

Behind the scenes= not neutral.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that's what I had hoped--

a couple good storm troopers 'behind' the scenes ...that aren't 'nuetral' .....could go along way

so when does the 'iPhone' app come out where you just punch in any city and little dots come up with all the 'vending' machines locations....?

All actual quotes printed in newspapers from pro-dispensary advocates:

(Dispensaries) will eliminate, quite frankly, a lot of the backroom dealings that happen frequently," said Matthew Newburg, a Lansing attorney whose firm is representing about 50 clients who have become entangled between decriminalized medical marijuana and narcotics laws.

"Supporters of regulated dispensaries say the caregiver system is ripe for misuse since they can grow up to 12 plants per patient — or 60 plants for a maximum of five patients"

"You're creating a circumstance that could encourage criminality," said Robert Mullen, a Farmington Hills attorney for the Detroit-based National Patients Rights Association, which advocates for tightly regulated medical marijuana dispensing. "If this is going to be medicine, why not treat it like medicine?"

"It's difficult for me to understand how anybody could propose that medicine should be grown by amateurs in basements,"

So who is watching out for who here?

It's a long story I heard this way back in early 09 in Dyden at a city Council meeting (it is to Dangerous for caregivers and Patients to grow in their homes and basement )

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that's what I had hoped--

a couple good storm troopers 'behind' the scenes ...that aren't 'nuetral' .....could go along way

so when does the 'iPhone' app come out where you just punch in any city and little dots come up with all the 'vending' machines locations....?

Lol I do see the Dispensaries adds all over the net on search engines like google or yahoo

-----------Existing-------

-----------Existing-------entities expand, outside interests begin operations at outset of 2013

A recent series of press releases heralds the marijuana industry’s upcoming contributions to a strong Michigan economy in 2013.

Say yes to Michigan

Mediswipe has announced Birmingham, Michigan will be their new corporate headquarters for United States operations. The company specializes in electronically processing transactions within the healthcare industry. Their previous headquarters was located in Southern Florida. Per their press release: “While the states out west including Colorado and Washington figure out total legalization, we would prefer to focus on and be the dominant player within the east coast and Midwest markets like Michigan…”

theres language in this that looks .....? spooky...."corporate hq for the --United States--"

sounds BIG wow they picked us ..? mich? great! for who?

oh yeah the suppliers of the machines....

how does that werk?? are there some illegal immigrants in warehouses in Detroit pkg all this for vending machines?

like they do for sandwiches...?

and is this 'lab' tested mmj? or Canadian mine strain?

and what are the strains? so I can avoid them--

is there FSC in the 'papers'? like cigarettes? thought that was the law?--- I like rice paper

it is definately 'outside' corporate influence -- w "existing" entities???? hmmmmm....

I wouldn't expect folks to know about that unless it were announced....

just seems odd 'Birmingham' their location----Ann arbor would have made more sense-

seems like the tip of the ice berg--

I still sy Monsanto seeds--the genetic 'kill' gene they developed to wipe out mmj---- except their strains

that's what's in those 'vending' machines

I am not against clubs ...I believe they are a necessary evil ...

i just would like to see a nice amicable relationship btwn clubs and pts/CGs

I can't imagine how these would -benefit -clubs.......? or them supporting this

unless I guess like theose old "own your own pay-phone " BS we saw where that quickly came and went

I like worms in vending machines--in case I'm in a pinch late at night..

Edited by purple pimpernel