• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice infomercial !!

good job for the dispensary and total legalization folks....nice film

enjoyed it this morning w/coffee and a splif-

very professional!

good PR work-

I would totally 'buy' the legalization stuff they are promoting......

if I wasn't allready awake!

great to see the 'two' patients on there.....amongst all the lawyers

mr Hamblin had me in tears-

loved the 1950's guy !

did they have to use the John Sinclair song by John Lennon??

that's my favorite song and I can't help but want to take sides when I hear that.....

was that intentional....?

i remember the nite...

ahhh and mr deangelo and hash bash! interesting as the spokesperson...for the film...

prolly gonna be a fun bash this year-- to celebrate our new protections/freedoms right of spring--

yeah I liked the last msg in the film--

"Michigan is in the fight"....

----yes we are and too bad the lawyers are leading it....

instead of the patients and the people that voted the initiative....

were there any 'patient groups' in this film.....?

mayb someone could explain--

yes the one patient was terribly moving!

I sent the vid to a well known activist friend in Cali and this is what she replied---

"Thanks for the documentary, which is not well done but not because it's

slanted toward dispensaries but because it's largely defensive,

self-effacing, and has a negative tone.

It's not starting out on a positive offensive footing but rather is

defensive about what isn't right.

Starting out with a California dispensary owner 'defendant' is certainly a

dumb idea.

He's not relevant to Michigan and his appearance is not mainstream.

Lawyers are more mainstream but that's not enough."

guess she thought it was an infomercial too! ----just posting this from another states activists perspective--

Purple,

I do not believe they wanted the CPU take...lol... no duhh, eh?

I did see us (the CPU testifiers) at the House Judiciary hearing briefly, but there was no audio. I briefly met the filmmaker that day, but in retrospect am pleased I did not do an interview. It was an infomercial for sure for dispensaries. As Zap says, they always make sure to bash the current caregiver, patient homegrow system. They conveniently leave out that many in the film profit from their dispensaries, or the legal advice they make money on in regard to dispensaries. And they weave the touching tale of a couple patients into justifying the commercial operations they wish to be trumpeted. Mr. Lowell asks us to all work together. On who's agenda Mr. Lowell, I would ask the film character, yours or ours?

True enough, and that remains a problem on the messaging front. It seems it is necessary, in many people in the films eyes, that our "medical" law is not good enough, not robust enough, not reflective of what patients need, and suggests that only patients and caregivers have to face potential negative issues from mites, molds, and other blah blah blah. While anything can be changed, not everything can be improved on. It is interesting there is never a mention of pricing structures. It would seem a dispensary would have to charge substantially more for it's products than an individual caregiver, wouldn't it? It would have been a more balanced film if it had taken a little broader look at the medical marijuana picture that is in fact out there.

Purple,

I do not believe they wanted the CPU take...lol... no duhh, eh?

I did see us (the CPU testifiers) at the House Judiciary hearing briefly, but there was no audio. I briefly met the filmmaker that day, but in retrospect am pleased I did not do an interview. It was an infomercial for sure for dispensaries. As Zap says, they always make sure to bash the current caregiver, patient homegrow system. They conveniently leave out that many in the film profit from their dispensaries, or the legal advice they make money on in regard to dispensaries. And they weave the touching tale of a couple patients into justifying the commercial operations they wish to be trumpeted. Mr. Lowell asks us to all work together. On who's agenda Mr. Lowell, I would ask the film character, yours or ours?

CP----?? oh yeah...U ....and me

isn't that the 'cannabis patients'....?

I saw two--

nice to see 'all' the faces in there tho-

and really the dispensary folk are going at it the wrong way as my friend pointed out--negatively towards homegrown

trying to self efface there--smoke screen

after all without the patients 'rights' they wouldn't even exist

i see their right to access argument and they need to be allowed..in the cities

to put the patients choice of a caregiver in such a negative incompetent role tho is not a good approach to justify their reasoning

kinda like Obama care for mmj--

I want all my rights under the law..as a patient...including the freedom to choose

when they start restricting my options......grrrrrrr

but I understand in urban areas--

saying caregivers are incompetent and cannot produce at the quality or standards they can is like saying meijers has better food than the local farmers market! BS!

I know the quality and purity they try and stand on---I don't like hydro

some are better than others tho-

I don't enjoy mass produced 'hydro' medicine-- not kikin hydro just personal w me--

I know they have the argument to that but....I know they do soil too---

it's kind of a Kush Mart approach--

don't appreciate it...unless kush mart carries boutique medicine.....

in the future tho you are going to see completely measured accurate ...dosage of cannabanoids and ...THC...and strain specific...and all the things big $$ research and development bring...that's where it's going

there are companies out there have spent $$$$$$$developing products and they are waiting like cats to hit the market

the folks here are just tryin to get on the band wagon and become the first distributors here--

you won't stop it---it's comin...just when

I'm old fashioned approach hope to see us become unique...Ann arbor and all--

corporate industrial business model is not my preferred access choice..

I prefer boutique farmers ....small batches of high quality food

they miss the point of the plant when they try and capitalize on it like that-

God help us all when they take what He gave us for free and turn it into another of their institutions !

the fact is I lived around SF for awhile and saw some of these....even worked at some-

been in Eds warehouse in SF....these were the first ones b4 Colorado

I know what happened with his plan for SF sanctioned large indoor warehouse grows....google it in Oakland ...they proposed 3

they got shot out of the sky immediately by th Feds.......it was in all the papers

it got taken to Colorado--

It was a little confused on the medical vs legalization thing for an advocacy piece, which I guess I understand given the title. It did point out many problem areas that remain.

I kept looking for the part about the 'vending' machines--

thought for sure I'd see that..

it's gonna be up to ....the patients..... to make the law what we want and need---

and defend it from big $$ players

not dispensary distribution guys ....if we leav it to them guess what?? duh-

they will want to sell out when they get what they want--

and I hope and know they are reading this as they need to come up with an amicable plan for 'all' or the patients are gonna get out pitchforks and rakes and visit the clubs----

that's what happens when lawyers steer the boat--

I still will always believe Shakespeare's advice on lawyers......I liked his approach!

vending machines? pffftt-

but also just think.....

how could you not want to be for the full legalization spiel in there....the one patients story was so moving!

I'll be praying for him everynite now...

advocacy piece?

...... there was no advocacy I saw.....except for patient right to access thru dispensaries and legalization

Overall, it is professionally done. I think Jen did a nice job of editing.

Annie was great. Neil Rockind was great. I agree with Targowski it is "bullshiiit". :-)

I don;t know the other patients personally but i listen tot he same stories endless times in my work with mmj. Nice to see that put to video.

I could definitely do without the rip on caregivers, the mmj program is totally messed up, Caregivers can't grow enough starins, cg's can't make edibles or tinctures, cg's fail, and all that propganada BS.

But i understand it is an infomercial produced by the sponsors of compassion chronicles and such i assume. Third coast, Arborside, NPRA etc etc that advertise on the compassion chronicles webpage. So no real surprise. The push is in for commercialization and developing a story that the current law is no good and cg's are usless. I mean, if cg's are good, it means why waste the legislators time coming up with some new system. So, by default, commercializers have to degrade their competetion whether they want to or not to get their precious dispensary bill through. :-0)

Expect to see MUCH much more of this over the next months and years. The propaganda machine is starting, and the target is the shortcomings or supposed shortcomings of the current patients law.

*shrug*

But otherwise, patient interviews were great, Neil, Targowski were great and the production quality was very good.

O yea, i almost forgot. Steve De'Angelo there begging for our support as pt/cg's to legalize his commerialize operation and work with him is the exact guy who says stuff like this all the time and opposed prop 19(legalization) in California as i recall. Anyhow... Steve DeAngelo quote(Harborside/Arborside):

"It's difficult for me to understand how anybody could propose that medicine should be grown by amateurs in basements," said Steve DeAngelo

And those are the people we are supposed to trust as pt/cg's?

I think not.

edit/add: I'm disappointed in Steve DeAngelo, who stated at the end of the fourth and final episode of Weed Wars: "I don't believe in legalizing cannabis for recreational use."

Edited by Malamute

Overall, it is professionally done. I think Jen did a nice job of editing.

Annie was great. Neil Rockind was great. I agree with Targowski it is "bullshiiit". :-)

I don;t know the other patients personally but i listen tot he same stories endless times in my work with mmj. Nice to see that put to video.

I could definitely do without the rip on caregivers, the mmj program is totally messed up, Caregivers can't grow enough starins, cg's can't make edibles or tinctures, cg's fail, and all that propganada BS.

But i understand it is an infomercial produced by the sponsors of compassion chronicles and such i assume. Third coast, Arborside, NPRA etc etc that advertise on the compassion chronicles webpage. So no real surprise. The push is in for commercialization and developing a story that the current law is no good and cg's are usless. I mean, if cg's are good, it means why waste the legislators time coming up with some new system. So, by default, commercializers have to degrade their competetion whether they want to or not to get their precious dispensary bill through. :-0)

Expect to see MUCH much more of this over the next months and years. The propaganda machine is starting, and the target is the shortcomings or supposed shortcomings of the current patients law.

*shrug*

But otherwise, patient interviews were great, Neil, Targowski were great and the production quality was very good.

O yea, i almost forgot. Steve De'Angelo there begging for our support as pt/cg's to legalize his commerialize operation and work with him is the exact guy who says stuff like this all the time and opposed prop 19(legalization) in California as i recall. Anyhow... Steve DeAngelo quote(Harborside/Arborside):

"It's difficult for me to understand how anybody could propose that medicine should be grown by amateurs in basements," said Steve DeAngelo

And those are the people we are supposed to trust as pt/cg's?

I think not.

edit/add: I'm disappointed in Steve DeAngelo, who stated at the end of the fourth and final episode of Weed Wars: "I don't believe in legalizing cannabis for recreational use."

professionally done yes it is

The MMMA will not let them take our grow rights away their are more of us then them

Pick your battles, charge your batteries, build your war chests, the time will come to fight for our grow rights here in Michigan. Our clear thoughts, expressed by our clear speakers/writers, will win the day. Something as simple as speaking the truth clearly will be the key with these dispensary interests that stand on false statements to justify their very existence.

Attention! Step away from the bong! Guys, this is a video made by a U of M graduate who interviewed some patients, some lawyers, and who followed us around to a few events. The Lapeer protest where Jamie is interviewed was nothing but patients and caregivers carrying signs and protesting. The rally footage she showed, with all the signs saying I'm a patient and don't take away my rights- you seem to have ignored all of that. Lots of caregiver faces at Hash Bash and the Monroe Street Fair, tons of MINORML and MOCC members were shown. Neil Rockind said the video was GREAT. Do you guys know more than Niel Rockind? I think not. No dispensary funded the film; no dispensary influenced the construction of the film; until it was dropped in our laps a day or two ago, I'd forgotten all about it.

In your zeal to skewer anything that seems to present safe access in a positive light you have maligned the work of an enterprising woman with a bright future. If you want filmmakers to make films of caregivers doing their craft, have caregivers contact filmmakers and get them to do it. If all the pro-cannabis events (like the fundraiser at the Om of Medicine that appears in the film) are held at dispensaries, then you can reasonably expect videographers to shoot events at dispensaries. Why don't you anarchists take the lead in something and craft a message- oh, that's right, you would actually have to DO SOMETHING WORTHY OF VIDEOTAPING in order to make that work. It'd be rather boring to watch a video of Celliach angrily typing at his keyboard.

SFC, get serious. This was Jen Whalen's video, not the Rick and Jamie show. Note I am not featured, nor is Mark from Om or anyone other than Jamie. If a filmmaker says I want to come and shoot video at your place, are we supposed to say, No! Wait! Unless you also spend an equal amount of time in someone's garden, I refuse! Get real.

Attention! Step away from the bong! Guys, this is a video made by a U of M graduate who interviewed some patients, some lawyers, and who followed us around to a few events. The Lapeer protest where Jamie is interviewed was nothing but patients and caregivers carrying signs and protesting. The rally footage she showed, with all the signs saying I'm a patient and don't take away my rights- you seem to have ignored all of that. Lots of caregiver faces at Hash Bash and the Monroe Street Fair, tons of MINORML and MOCC members were shown. Neil Rockind said the video was GREAT. Do you guys know more than Niel Rockind? I think not. No dispensary funded the film; no dispensary influenced the construction of the film; until it was dropped in our laps a day or two ago, I'd forgotten all about it.

In your zeal to skewer anything that seems to present safe access in a positive light you have maligned the work of an enterprising woman with a bright future. If you want filmmakers to make films of caregivers doing their craft, have caregivers contact filmmakers and get them to do it. If all the pro-cannabis events (like the fundraiser at the Om of Medicine that appears in the film) are held at dispensaries, then you can reasonably expect videographers to shoot events at dispensaries. Why don't you anarchists take the lead in something and craft a message- oh, that's right, you would actually have to DO SOMETHING WORTHY OF VIDEOTAPING in order to make that work. It'd be rather boring to watch a video of Celliach angrily typing at his keyboard.

You may ask us patients what we think and we will tell you. You can't make up stuff and think it will stand here where there is free speech. You can tell stories all day long where you are the editor and chief. Have fun with your fiction that will not survive the light of day when it can be challenged.

SFC, sorry to pile on, but you're working this whole US and THEM thing. Read my written works. In the 4M Magazine I celebrated caregivers. I've featured caregivers in write-ups more than I have dispensaries. I testified in 2010 and 2011 to preserve the caregiver system. For you, it is am Us vs. Them mentaility. I don't agree with that. There is plenty of room in this law for both philosophies to exist, and over 120 dispensary examples of how the system functions just fine. I simply said I liked the film and suddenly the video is a dispensary plot to take something away from you. Paranoid nonsense.

Ricky quote that says it all;

If you want filmmakers to make films of caregivers doing their craft, have caregivers contact filmmakers and get them to do it.

Because that's what you did to cut down caregivers and bolster your business. You dispensary advocates contacted film makers to film it the way you wanted it filmed. Make no mistake about that. It just 'fell in your lap' ? You're kidding us right? LOL

Ricky Quote;

It'd be rather boring to watch a video of Celliach angrily typing at his keyboard.

No Rick, you are the fiction writer, Celliach is a real caregiver that grows and helps patients, stuff like that. You had a little role reversal there did you? LOL I'm calling whiplash on that one.

Edited by Restorium2

In your zeal to skewer anything that seems to present safe access in a positive light

Are you insinuating that CGs don't provide "safe access?" It's using terms like this that's making you lose this argument, and showing everyone where your loyalties lie.

Also, I'm not angry, if I was my language would be a lot worse.