It's Come To This , Had To Take A Plea ...i Can Now Answer The Many Questions...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

@Kriya: the unwritten list as we know it so far:

i dont really know what order to put these in..

list of who police will go after first:

dispensaries

people who dont 'look sick'

males age 18-35

outdoor growers

growers with more than 12 plants

people who use crazy amounts of power (tipped off from energy company)

patients who get their faces/names in the paper about how they grow medical marijuana.

patients with small kids. someone gets a whiff of mmj off you or your kid and blam.

list of people who, probability speaking, will narc on you:

estranged roommate / romantic partner / friend (probably number one is roommate)

neighbor who hates your guts. (multiple cases of this.)

an estranged caregiver or patient, miffed about prices or attitude

utility worker who smelled marijuana

random passerby who smelled marijuana

someone you know who just got hit up on charges and is offered the 'talk on 3, walk free' paper by police.

a domestic dispute, break-in, fire, or other police encounter to your home.

the police will smell marijuana then go get a search warrant and continue to harass you.

landlord, real estate agent, contractor, repairman, installer, etc who smells marijuana.

so, with that in mind, there are things you can do to protect yourself.

#1 rule, dont ever tell people you grow.

follow the laws on locked doors w/ your plants.

dont smoke in your car.

dont have nosey neighbors.

dont have roommates.

dont sell your medicine to random crackheads.

dont ever talk to the police without a lawyer. dont invite police inside your house.

90%? of cases are prosecuted on your own testimony (talking to police is a testimony).

make sure you say to the police that you do not consent to a search,

and you wish to use your right to be silent.

dont ever tell people you grow. seriously.

dont keep firearms around. its fed mandatory 5 years tacked on to any drug charges to have a gun.

hope this helps. feel free to ask more questions.

Excellent post T-Pain...

My advice-

Never break two laws at the same time.

Stupid should hurt.

You don't have to be faster than the bear, you just have to be faster than your hiking companion.

The first relates to risk taking.  Keep them small, don't play it loose on more than one front at any time.  The probabilities will add up and will get you.

Second, small mistakes, dumb mistakes, and outright gangsta in your face foolishness all have the same result, you come to the attention of leo.  Then the trouble starts.

The last means don't be the lowest hanging fruit.  I'm good, but not perfect, as a certification clinic.  I am well respected in the field by the courts and legislature, and have, shall we say, significant friends with serious legal credentials in the community.  Can they get me on something?  Everyone can be got.  But as long as there are no record through the mail mills around, I am not the easiest target.  That protects me as much as the fact I make serious efforts to be better than the next guy and am always aware of the fact I deal with a schedule one medication and by virtue of that am held to a 'higher standard' than a 'regular' doctor/clinic.

Dr. Bob

excellent points dr bob. i wanted to include those but could not elucidate. :)

things to keep low profile

dont have marijuana leaves on your clothing, flags, jewlery, etc.

avoid obvious code violations around your house. e.g. couch on patio or broken car in yard.

avoid noise violations, blasting music/parties.

i think 'stupid mistakes' is akin to sloppyness.

here are some examples of sloppyness:

did you have 12 seeds but somehow 13 plants started? why kill that extra one? let it grow.

i got a plant from my friend, but i'm going to stop and get something to eat at mcdonalds while its in my car...

to be cool to my friends, i'm going to brag about how i just use mmj to get high, and how its all a scam.

i'm at a party and someone i dont know says hes a patient and asks for a puff off a jay, so i give him one. hes cool, right?

i managed to grow 12 plants from start to finish , now have extra meds over my limit.  why should i destroy it? i'll just keep it for later.

i took one plant outside to spray it with pesticides. it was only on my deck for 20 minutes (yes this is a real case).

the law for outside growing says 'all sides' but not 'top'. so i'm not going to put a top on it.

my card expired, i dont have marijuana on me, so i let the cop search my car. he found my pipe and arrested me for drug paraphernalia (real case)

i transferred marijuana to another patient, but we were not registered as a caregiver/patient relationship. (real case)

there is no lock on my grow closet, i lock my house. the back door lock is broken. (real case)

i'm growing with some friends, all of whom are patients and caregivers. we are all under our limits. we all have access to each others plants to help water and maintain them. (real case)

any one of these things can remove your section 4 protection from arrest.

one of these days i want to put together a case law guide for mmmp patients.

Lets not forget the most important out of all of these lists.

Do not allow the police in your house for any reason.

They will lie to you, tell you whatever you want to hear in order to let them in.

If they come to your house, quietly shut and lock the door behind you and speak to them outside.  DO NOT LET THEM IN for any reason.  If they have a warrant, let them break the door down. 

excellent points dr bob. i wanted to include those but could not elucidate. :)

things to keep low profile

dont have marijuana leaves on your clothing, flags, jewlery, etc.

avoid obvious code violations around your house. e.g. couch on patio or broken car in yard.

avoid noise violations, blasting music/parties.

i think 'stupid mistakes' is akin to sloppyness.

here are some examples of sloppyness:

did you have 12 seeds but somehow 13 plants started? why kill that extra one? let it grow.

i got a plant from my friend, but i'm going to stop and get something to eat at mcdonalds while its in my car...

to be cool to my friends, i'm going to brag about how i just use mmj to get high, and how its all a scam.

i'm at a party and someone i dont know says hes a patient and asks for a puff off a jay, so i give him one. hes cool, right?

i managed to grow 12 plants from start to finish , now have extra meds over my limit.  why should i destroy it? i'll just keep it for later.

i took one plant outside to spray it with pesticides. it was only on my deck for 20 minutes (yes this is a real case).

the law for outside growing says 'all sides' but not 'top'. so i'm not going to put a top on it.

my card expired, i dont have marijuana on me, so i let the cop search my car. he found my pipe and arrested me for drug paraphernalia (real case)

i transferred marijuana to another patient, but we were not registered as a caregiver/patient relationship. (real case)

there is no lock on my grow closet, i lock my house. the back door lock is broken. (real case)

i'm growing with some friends, all of whom are patients and caregivers. we are all under our limits. we all have access to each others plants to help water and maintain them. (real case)

any one of these things can remove your section 4 protection from arrest.

one of these days i want to put together a case law guide for mmmp patients.

Great post.  I actually have dealt with many of these situations or had friends in the legal profession discuss them with me.

Dr/ Bob

And these cops had nothing better to do in this County ..?  WTF...i know they got METH ande Heroin running wild all over the sticks n boonies....LEGALIZATION, LEGALIZATION, guess what fuxing LEGALIZATION drops all these pointless prosecutions against peaceful people.  Just growing a herb.

It makes me so sick and disturbed that I literally want to break things when I read about these cases.

This is why I gladly and proudly donate my kibbles n bits to the causes so we can end this fuxing MADNESS.  It is just INSANE to keep wasting tax payer money and nothing ever gets done.  it is just a straight waste of everyones time...well except the people getting paid off the entire process..!!!!!!

Edited by motorcitymeds

• 2 weeks later...

Lets not forget the most important out of all of these lists.

Do not allow the police in your house for any reason.

They will lie to you, tell you whatever you want to hear in order to let them in.

If they come to your house, quietly shut and lock the door behind you and speak to them outside.  DO NOT LET THEM IN for any reason.  If they have a warrant, let them break the door down. 

The only thing i can add is if you step outside your door Leo will not let you go back in until the warrant comes so just talk to them from the inside not outside