Notice how boring and basic the recipes i put up are. I have really bad skin allergies so i leave out alot of very nice botanicals that "most" would probably love and get great benefit from.

These are base lotions, oils and salves from me. Very basic and the basis for most other peoples "mixes".

Here's one from my copy of; Reference Guide for Essential Oils by Alan Higley

DEEP RELIEF

Peppermint Oil

Lemon Oil

Balsam Fir Oil

Copal Oil

Clove Oil

Wintergreen Oil

Helichrysum Oil

Vetiver Oil

Palo Santo Oil

Use Coconut Oil for a carrier oil.

Body System effected; The oils in this blend may help it be effective for dealing with various problems related to the Nervous System and to Muscles and Bones.

Application; Apply to location for muscles, cramps, bruises, or any place that hurts. For tension headache, apply across the brow, on the back of the neck, and on the temples.

Companion Oils; Add helichrysum to enhance, wintergreen for bone pain, or use with Ortho Ease or Ortho Sport Massage Oil.

Here's a fairly honest overview of cannabis infused topicals. They have nice references to followup on and such. It isn't recipes, just an article about it.

Topical Cannabis Preparations: Snake Oil or Healing Options?

http://www.compassio...ncenter.net.pdf

Small excerpt:

Without good studies proving that topical cannabis preparations are effective for more than skin conditions, e.g., for joint pain or headache, it's hard to know whether those that are homemade or are on the market are really doing what people claim they are doing. Several factors may be at play. These include:

• Placebo effect
  • Using another method at the same time
  • Other ingredients are causing pain relief
  • They do work, but the right studies haven't been done

Placebo effect. According to the Skeptic's Dictionary, "The placebo effect is the measurable, observable, or felt improvement in health or behavior not attributable to a medication or invasive treatment that has been administered."(15) There is disagreement as to whether this effect is psychological, physical, or has some other cause. An example of what may be the placebo effect is the claim of some individuals that they have gotten high simply from trimming bud or otherwise handling cannabis plant material. The placebo effect may be at play when topical cannabis preparations are used to treat some medical conditions.

Using another method at the same time. If a person is smoking cannabis, for example, while also applying a cannabis-infused oil to an affected area, determining which method cause the therapeutic effect is impossible. (This obviously isn't always the case, as many medical cannabis users have no desire to get high.) The only true test is to stop all other methods and try only the topical application for a period of time.

Other ingredients are causing pain relief. Some topical preparations rely not only on carrier oils to get cannabis into the skin, but also contain other essential oils such as eucalyptus, peppermint, menthol, or camphor. These are some of the ingredients in Tiger Balm, a non-cannabis product that is sold for muscle pain relief and works. The principals behind these ingredients is the same as applying heat to joint pain. So is it the cannabis or the other oils? (Or both?)

This is an area that is ripe for study. It may be that cannabis combined with other ingredients adds to the beneficial effect. An example would be camphor, glucosamine, and chondroitin sulfate in a topical preparation, which were found in a study to relieve osteoarthritis pain.(16)

They do work, but the right studies haven't been done. Clearly, more studies need to be done. When I started this article, I didn't believe that cannabis ointments and lotions had a therapeutic effect on anything other than skin conditions. I had tried such a salve years ago and found that it did nothing for my muscle pain.

Edited by Malamute

The medical claims are being made every day by the doctors of this state.

In writing.

In addition, licensed patients are making statements about their own condition. That they received benefit for their conditions.

Can you provide these statements? Which doctors? Electrical engineering Ph.D.'s?

Lets keep this on topic folks. It has went viral on the net already. It's probably already helped hundreds, if not thousands, of folks around the world, all for free.

Please keep your personal issues to yourselves for the good of medical use for patients around the world.

You made it personal with all of your attacks.

This was also interesting. We forget, some people may have skin allergies to cannabis itself:

A more recent study, in 2007, looked at how the cannabinoid receptors in mice become activated by

administration of cannabinoids, significantly decreasing inflammation caused by contact skin allergy.(4)

The study’s authors suggest that cannabinoid compounds such as those produced by cannabis plant may

provide an enhancement to therapeutic treatment for humans.

On the flip side of these beneficial effects is the possibility that cannabis may cause some of the very skin

problems it is used to treat. A 1983 article in the Western Journal of Medicine noted that many people who

have a sensitivity or an allergic reaction to airborne plant pollens, including some in other botanical

families, may develop contact dermatitis or urticaria (hives) as a result of prolonged exposure to

cannabis (such as trimming, or other work in the industry that requires handling).(5) Another potential,

but less likely, risk may be anaphylactic reaction. A 1971 medical article noted such an effect from

smoking cannabis.(6)

I recently made a topical for a patient with psoriasis. Two grams of highly refined cannabis oil to 18 grams emu oil. Yikes that emu oil is expensive. The patient reported positive results, but he also said "I've heard that emu oil is good stuff, but I've always been too cheap to buy it." I should have had him try plain emu oil for comparison.

I like the emu oil much better for topical than coconut oil. Coconut oil is a solid at room temperature, but it melts around 76 degrees or so. I've had great success with coconut oil/cannabis capsules as edibles.

I have wanted to try echinacea as an additive for a while too. Echinacea (purple coneflower) has a history as a traditional medicine in the US and Europe and was widely used to battle infection and was also said to be good for inflammation as well as a number of other issues. There was an obscure study in Australia about 5 years ago that what amount to a cannabinoid was found in the echinacea plant. I naturally assumed for a long time that this was PB's secret ingredient. Has anyone tried echinacea?

Marigold flower petals are also a very good additive for topicals. Marigold is good for burns cuts, bruises and muscle pain. Also an anti-fungal.

It can be used in a poultice or made into a tea or tincture for internal use. I'm told it helps indigestion.

A simple marigold salve is made by putting marigold flowers into a melted jar of petroleum jelly and letting it steep for awhile then straining, similar to making cannabutter. It would be a simple matter to add some cannabis to the mix.

The topic of this thread is

"Topical Cannabis Oil Recipes"

Cannabis oil isn't discussed at all in the video. There is only mention of peanutbutter's oil - no discussion about the cannabis content in this oil.

It is unclear to me if this person is reporting success from using a topical application of cannabis or some other product that contains no cannabis.

PB I'm sure you'd like to sell your oil in this thread about cannabis oil. I'd like to sell my 4-wheeler here too. But people want this to stay on-topic. Cannabis topicals.

Edited by Highlander