And when they refer to RSO, or Rick Simpson Oil, it's a crude form of cannabis extract.

When we refer to more refined forms, we call it Cannabis Oil.

The old school name for Cannabis Oil is; Hash Oil.

yea but people also called hash oil honey oil back in my day!

Peace

Jim

p.s is this only about topicals? I like to ingest my bho either in capsules or a syringe w/o the needle of course!

The topic of this thread is

"Topical Cannabis Oil Recipes"

Cannabis oil isn't discussed at all in the video. There is only mention of peanutbutter's oil - no discussion about the cannabis content in this oil.

It is unclear to me if this person is reporting success from using a topical application of cannabis or some other product that contains no cannabis.

PB I'm sure you'd like to sell your oil in this thread about cannabis oil. I'd like to sell my 4-wheeler here too. But people want this to stay on-topic. Cannabis topicals.

Well .. Restorium started this thread out with a post about my oil .. so it is on topic.

By the time people use the oil, the vast majority of the time it has the cannabis part in it. Where that part comes from is usually from someone else.

I recently made a topical for a patient with psoriasis. Two grams of highly refined cannabis oil to 18 grams emu oil. Yikes that emu oil is expensive. The patient reported positive results, but he also said "I've heard that emu oil is good stuff, but I've always been too cheap to buy it." I should have had him try plain emu oil for comparison.

I like the emu oil much better for topical than coconut oil. Coconut oil is a solid at room temperature, but it melts around 76 degrees or so. I've had great success with coconut oil/cannabis capsules as edibles.

I have wanted to try echinacea as an additive for a while too. Echinacea (purple coneflower) has a history as a traditional medicine in the US and Europe and was widely used to battle infection and was also said to be good for inflammation as well as a number of other issues. There was an obscure study in Australia about 5 years ago that what amount to a cannabinoid was found in the echinacea plant. I naturally assumed for a long time that this was PB's secret ingredient. Has anyone tried echinacea?

I have been doing echinacea caps for many many yrs, I feel it keeps my immune system stronger with all the other nasty stuff i put in my body, honestly, I dont run out of the capsule, I do a one a days mans vetamin and echineacea every morning!

Ok, im trying to make my bho easier to fill capsules and then insure they dont melt the capsule before it gets used, plus i want the same mix to be able to me smoked or what ever else you feel like doing with it, the only ingrediant in this is cannabiss

What im gonna try is take some top quality budds, grind it up, put a lil oil in it, Id like to put enough in there for it to be as effective is it is now when I digest it, after i get that mix down, im thinkin of kinda rolling it in keif (i like to collect keif and honey oil lol) my main goal it to make it not be sticky, make it so it can be handled with your fingers if needed or a knife, Idk im getting the rest of the butane out of some bho i made yesterday, there is still some in there becuase I had a very short window of oppurtunity to do a case of butane!

when I do it in capsul form, man Ive never felt anything like it, Ive made just about everything, just never realy thought of eating straigh out cannabiss oil, it takes a lil bit to kick in but when it does, it will make you comfortable for many hrs, in fact 1st time i tested it i was like wow when is this going to go away, it actualy scared me, and its only mj! Ive not made any bho with all budd yet, I only use the sugar leafs and the lil buds most growers just toss, some of the stuff they just toss is better than what i have at the time so I get a lil bonuse of some nice popcorn budds, heck when my c.g gives me his scraps he leaves some colas on for me lol!

I understand we need something to help people with diabetes and the sores the get, my dad is starting to get them, ive gotten him to put topical on it, but im an hr away, when Im no there he just puts the cream his dr. says to use, he has a lil soar on one leg and a lil bigger one on his other, I should just go stay there a week and get him to do it on one leg and the rx cream on his other, if im there and see that the topical thats infused is not working right i can switch him right back to what his dr. put him on! now my mom she has arthritis in her ankles and knees, Ive put it on her a few time, the first time she felt it work like right away, well as soon as me and my pops left she was off and running like she hasnt done in yrs, when it didnt make her feel like that every time she quit using it and went back to her vicodens! im her youngest kid, she seen me hooked on all of that schtuff and vics 10/500 were my fave, I asked to be taken off of them, i told my doc they cost me to much, he asked me if my ins covered it, i said yea but not what i have to buy on the street when i run out of my rx in 10 days, (120) a month, 12 a day most days, gone in 10 days, Than I was paying 5 bucks a piece on the streets the next 20 days!!!

Oh well sorry to go off topic, but ive found my new fave way to use that oil, eat it! it still works for your ashtma also!

but yes I lke to do echinacea.

Peace

Jim

Isn't one of the biggest differences here is that pb's bear root oil is being sold commercially?

This isnt about a Caregiver trying to make something a patient requested, but about commercial marketting and sale of Bear root oil? Which has no cannabis in it at all? Just hemp seed oil? And is deceptively marketted?

We will just keep posting more and more recipes people have used for topicals. This is basic stuff that has been so overhyped. Whatcha gonna do.

Topic of thread: "Topical Cannabis Oil Recipes." It is almost like playing Euchre and everybody keeps asking "What's trump?"

Whats trump? rotglmfao!

sorry about that, I will keep on subject, one question, how come I cant feel the effects of my bho in the topical, but can feel the effects smoking or ingesting it?

Peace

Jim

Whats trump? rotglmfao!

sorry about that, I will keep on subject, one question, how come I cant feel the effects of my bho in the topical, but can feel the effects smoking or ingesting it?

Peace

Jim

The bear root in mine, works with a parallel system. Parallel to the endocannabinoid system. The CB1 receptor regulates that other system.

Very little THC is required to up regulate that other system.

What THC is delivered to the system, with any of these topicals, is a targeted delivery. It goes to the location that needs it. Instead of the entire body being hit with the THC. Including the brain.

Why saturate the entire body when your toe hurts?

The bear root in mine, works with a parallel system. Parallel to the endocannabinoid system. The CB1 receptor regulates that other system.

What THC is delivered to the system, with any of these topicals, is a targeted delivery. It goes to the location that needs it. Instead of the entire body being hit with the THC. Including the brain.

You are guessing about the bear root.

You are guessing at 'the other system'.

We are aiming at targeted delivery with topicals. But tests have proven that topical ointments do reach all parts of the body, in varying quantities.

Thank You!

Peace

Jim

Ok Thank You to rest

Edited by phaquetoo

Well .. Restorium started this thread out with a post about my oil .. so it is on topic.

By the time people use the oil, the vast majority of the time it has the cannabis part in it. Where that part comes from is usually from someone else.

I guess my point/quest was: Did the patient discussed in the video use a cannabis product to achieve the reported results?

For me raw cannabis breaks me out in hives but the topical's I have tried did not have any allergic effect on my skin. If I don't wear long sleeves when handling plants I pay a price for a half or or so afterwards.

One patient that I ran into, years ago, had a pine allergy.

Strains that had a pinene content would trigger the same reaction.

yea but people also called hash oil honey oil back in my day!

Peace

Jim

p.s is this only about topicals? I like to ingest my bho either in capsules or a syringe w/o the needle of course!

In my neighborhood hash oil and honey oil were two different things. hash oil was brown/dark green and honey was, well, honey-colored. Now that I'm older and know the different ways to extract cannabis oils, I know it just depends on what solvent you use to extract the oils.

Alcohol, naptha, and acetone makes brown or dark green oil.

Butane makes honey-colored oil

Ether makes red oil.

• 3 years later...
Cannabinoid and Terpene Info

Posted by Skunk Pharm Research,LLC.

What exactly are the essential oils that we are extracting from the cannabis plant, and what are their properties?

Here is a nifty list that I scored off ICMag, posted by Spurr, who used http://cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2001-03-04-7.pdf as his information source:

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) Boiling point: Lots of sources saying 157C / 315 degree Fahrenheit but Merck says 200C @0.02, and that is is about where it comes over with the rest of the C-21 sized molecules during short path distillation.  Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD) Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN) Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC) Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

cannabigerol (CBG) Boiling point: MP52 Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC) Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

ß-myrcene Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

ß-caryophyllene Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol) Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

a-pinene Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

a-terpineol Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

ß-sitosterol Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor

Looking to make a good CBD oil any ideas where to find the seeds? Also how do they separate the CBD from the THC>>

Seeds are too random, as in, many of the currently marketed cbd seeds don't have high levels of cbd in them. You'd have to select and then pay for lab testing to know what the actual cbd level is. I'd recommend locating cuttings of already proven strains. There is a genetics club in Ann Arbor that carries a few cbd strains.