Safety Of Patients Who Live With Non-Cardholders

Hi I'm going to be applying for my card soon and I live with someone who will not be a cardholder, what does the law say about this? Am I protected if my roommate gets caught using without a license or would I be automatically implicated because I am the cardholder in the house. Basically I'm asking if it works like the alcohol law does with minors, when a minor is caught drinking around a legal adult the legal adult is usually charged with providing alcohol to minors. To be honest I'm nervous about the safety of the whole system, is it a worthwhile endeavor?

Hi I'm going to be applying for my card soon and I live with someone who will not be a cardholder, what does the law say about this? Am I protected if my roommate gets caught using without a license or would I be automatically implicated because I am the cardholder in the house. Basically I'm asking if it works like the alcohol law does with minors, when a minor is caught drinking around a legal adult the legal adult is usually charged with providing alcohol to minors. To be honest I'm nervous about the safety of the whole system, is it a worthwhile endeavor?

A couple of years ago a group of people at a party in Kent Co. were smoking cannabis and carrying on until the police showed up. The police found the weed and proceeded to investigate ownership. One individual stepped forward and declared that the noxious substance was indeed his stash but that he had a medical marijuana card. The police scoffed at him and promptly arrested him on the spot. Shortly thereafter the prosecutor released him and filed no charges. It was in the news. They interviewed the guy.