Question About Lara Q&A Page

mibrains

LARA did mention it Gersh..

that's where this entire thread came from... they said a patient can acquire 2.5 oz. they never actually say you can only obtain cannabis from your directly registered caregiver... they actually just make the statement highlighted in red... about a caregiver signing a form that states that request.

The question asked is I can't grow what can I do.

Answer get a caregiver.

The question asked is I can't grow what can I do.

Answer get a caregiver.

your scaring me gersh..

maybe for the first time...

maybe all along..

i am not sure...

no offense meant..

i have met you and shook your hand at least twice..

i want to believe everyone can help and has a purpose in this community... even if the pathway to justice lays riddled with doubt.

think about it please...

your position and response here..

back to post 1 in this thread. notice the highlighted colors.. and the subsequent questions raised since page one.

Question: I am too ill to grow my own medical marihuana. What can I do?

Answer: The MMMA provides for a system of designated caregivers. The caregiver can acquire 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and grow up to 12 marihuana plants for a qualifying patient. The caregiver may assist up to 5 patients. The caregiver must sign a statement agreeing to provide marihuana only to the qualifying patients who have named the individual as their caregiver. The caregiver's name, address, birth date and social security number must be provided to the state at the time of a patient's registration. The department will issue a registry identification card to the caregiver who is named by a qualifying patient on his/her application. The department may not issue a registry identification card to a proposed caregiver who has previously been convicted of a felony drug offense. The department will verify through a background check with the Michigan State Police that the designated caregiver has no disqualifying felony drug conviction. A caregiver may receive reasonable compensation for services provided to assist with a qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana.

your scaring me gersh..

maybe for the first time...

maybe all along..

i am not sure...

no offense meant..

i have met you and shook your hand at least twice..

i want to believe everyone can help and has a purpose in this community... even if the pathway to justice lays riddled with doubt.

think about it please...

your position and response here..

back to post 1 in this thread. notice the highlighted colors.. and the subsequent questions raised since page one.

Answer: The MMMA provides for a system of designated caregivers. The caregiver can acquire 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and grow up to 12 marihuana plants for a qualifying patient. The caregiver may assist up to 5 patients. The caregiver must sign a statement agreeing to provide marihuana only to the qualifying patients who have named the individual as their caregiver. The caregiver's name, address, birth date and social security number must be provided to the state at the time of a patient's registration. The department will issue a registry identification card to the caregiver who is named by a qualifying patient on his/her application. The department may not issue a registry identification card to a proposed caregiver who has previously been convicted of a felony drug offense. The department will verify through a background check with the Michigan State Police that the designated caregiver has no disqualifying felony drug conviction. A caregiver may receive reasonable compensation for services provided to assist with a qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana.

In this section you quoted, they didn't say the patient can acquire, they only said a caregiver can.. Following that answer to the 'T' means a newly diagnosed patient is required to find someone to be their caregiver before they can medicate. As if that were the only way to get their medicine.

No mention of the patient being able to acquire.

Edited by peanutbutter

that's absolutely correct PB

the question is from LARAs q&a page..

this question is all about caregivers.

the only thing the q&a page says about a patient acquiring any cannabis is this:

Question: Where do I get the seeds or plants to start growing medical marihuana?

Answer: The MMMP is not a resource for the growing process and does not have information to give to patients.

one question i have not been able to shake and i have asked since day one..

where did patient one or caregiver one get their cannabis?

or even better yet like you said Gersh.. how about a new patient who wishes to grow their own? where do they get their cannabis? to grow and to use in the interim?

is LARA trying to suggest you have to hire a caregiver to first obtain genetics before you can grow your own? or usable cannabis for that matter? and then what? fire them once you have what you need?

its a difficult conundrum for certain.

it's been a problem since day one.. a new person gets certified by a doctor. they fill out their application and send it to the state. they want to use and grow some cannabis themselves to help their condition...

where do they get it?

it's interesting because most people here know where they are getting it..

(from someone who is allowed to have it)

to have it around and know how it works and then to not share it sounds kinda like kindergarten.. not cannabis gardens.

LARA tries to turn a blind eye to this dilemma.. while many innocent people are being arrested over it.

time for a change.

one question i have not been able to shake and i have asked since day one..

where did patient one or caregiver one get their cannabis?

or even better yet like you said Gersh.. how about a new patient who wishes to grow their own? where do they get their cannabis? to grow and to use in the interim?

is LARA trying to suggest you have to hire a caregiver to first obtain genetics before you can grow your own? or usable cannabis for that matter? and then what? fire them once you have what you need?

its a difficult conundrum for certain.

it's been a problem since day one.. a new person gets certified by a doctor. they fill out their application and send it to the state.

20 business days later they want to (lets keep it simple) grow some cannabis to help their condition...

where do they get it?

it's interesting because most people here know where they are getting it..

(from someone who is allowed to have it)

to have it around and know how it works and then to not share it sounds kinda like kindergarten.. not cannabis gardens.

LARA tries to turn a blind eye to this dilemma.. while many innocent people are being arrested over it.

time for a change.

People have been asking since day one.

The official answer has been; Where did you get it before?

Seriously, it was even reported on the news that way. They say that you need to ask your 'community' who can help you. Bring someone into the light of legality and supply you. It's a win win. They are there just waiting to help if you treat them fairly. Be a jerk and no meds for you. That's how it's always been. There are lots of old rules that still apply. Many people ignore the old rules and think they can do what ever because it's legal for patients now. The old rules still apply.

Many people ignore the old rules and think they can do what ever because it's legal for patients now. The old rules still apply.

ya kinda lost me on this one rest...

the old rules? the old rules are - there is no way to do it - it is "illegal."

i should hope that everyone is now following the new rules. because they are there to protect us from the old way.

the old way is wrong.. and is soon to be over.. i would venture a bet...

the thing is, in the world of law.. there has to be a chain of custody. a pathway to get to an end or the entire thing is fractured.

you can't say to a patient.. break the law this one last time.. then we will protect you.

there has to be a correct procedure... so what does our community assume it is?

i had some seeds in a drawer from way back when..

that's how i started..

but many new people have never tried or used cannabis before... they do not have the resources.

we are the resource.

the knowledge base.

the source of their potential relief.

Many people ignore the old rules and think they can do what ever because it's legal for patients now. The old rules still apply.

ya kinda lost me on this one rest...

the old rules? the old rules are - there is no way to do it - it is "illegal."

i should hope that everyone is now following the new rules. because they are there to protect us from the old way.

the old way is wrong.. and is soon to be over.. i would venture a bet...

the thing is, in the world of law.. there has to be a chain of custody. a pathway to get to an end or the entire thing is fractured.

you can't say to a patient.. break the law this one last time.. then we will protect you.

there has to be a correct procedure... so what does our community assume it is?

i had some seeds in a drawer from way back when..

that's how i started..

but many new people have never tried or used cannabis before... they do not have the resources.

we are the resource.

the knowledge base.

the source of their potential relief.

The old rules were that you treat folks decent and you get what you need. No demanding free stuff. No demanding anything. The old rules are not laws on the books. The old rules rule society. They are still in place. We are still the same people we were before the law. No law changes the old rules.

this question is all about caregivers.

I disagree. That is a question from a patient about what the patient can do.

The answer was entirely about caregivers. As if that is the ONLY way a patient can acquire. Yet at the same time, they said the caregiver can acquire for the patient.

WHERE CAN A CAREGIVER ACQUIRE??

Edited by peanutbutter

I disagree. That is a question from a patient about what the patient can do.

fair enough... i sit corrected...

WHERE CAN A CAREGIVER ACQUIRE??

welcome to the conversation..

This is left over from the time that they wanted to strictly limit the patient to get their cannabis from their caregiver only. One of many things they tried to slip through.

A lot of requirements were attempted to be added to both the patient and caregiver.

I think that we spotted 22 locations where the proposed rules were in direct conflict with the law itself.

They concluded they were a support agency instead of a regulatory agency.No need for a fight where the clients were all angry and organized.

It really was an attempt to gut the law. I believe that most of that Q&A was written during the same time.

The attempt to negate the law by writing rules that it would be impossible to comply with, is why I frequently ask "is that in the law or the rules?"

A current ability they have granted themselves, is revoking a card. I think there is only one single reason listed, in the law, that allows them to revoke a card.

They have decided that there are more reasons than the law allows for.

Giving themselves more authority than the law granted them.

Edited by peanutbutter