Donation $ For Bho

JMedical

What is to be donated is compensation for your labor and material to make the product my friend, it is not to be a donation for actual gram that you accept.

That is what I have gatherd from it all anyway and very well could be a little wrong.

I have seen registered primary caregivers receive compensation from their registered qualifying patients (in accordance with 4e for costs associated with assisting the registered qualifying patient with the medical use of marijuana) for costs related to the manufacturing of cannabis and the resulting BHO in the range of $25 to $60 per gram depending on the quality of the starting material and the quality/complexity of the extraction process.

The stuff is very labor intensive , and quality can vary,

And requires an investment in equipment and some knowledge/precautions not to blow one's self up.

I knew a guy who was cleaning auto parts in his garage using naphtha. He absent-mindedly lit a cigar or pipe and caused an explosion that killed him. It is easy to imagine an inexperienced person lighting up a joint in their garage after doing an extraction and meeting the same fate. Making BHO and similar extractions is serious business.

Gee, thanks for the help. You all know we don't "sell" our medicine. I was simply wondering if anyone has calculated the cost and labor average of a gram of bho. Sorry I asked....

Yea not many answers around here without a holier then thou lashing anymore, sadly..... Sorry I do not have the answer as I do not have experience with bho.

Yes, warnings to help protect the OP are per se "holier than thou." That would be because you don't want to hear the warning.

Please do not pretend to know or act like you know what I do or do not want to hear. Just because YOU assume anyone using the word donate is doing something wrong is a problem that YOU have. I have heard many people use that very word when dealing with their 5 REGISTERED PATIENTS so you should not ALWAYS ASSUME so much.

I do not make the stuff. I was telling you overhead price is not stable amongst growers so BHO pricing is whatever they want it to be. It is no set amount.

To answer your question with bud and sct which is not dirt weed. I can make an ounce of the stuff for like 10 bucks. Keeping in mind no labor was added into the 10 bucks though.

Edited by hic

You must also remember I feel nothing for the plants and I am not attached to them whatsoever...What one man hold so carefully I will throw away if it is incoveniant.

You could say he who holds the BHO the most precious will ask for the most in most cases

You did want every ones take on the issue correct for learning right?

To me they are just plants that can do great things.. many see them as gold and diamonds..not the case here

If you are new to growing let me tell you I have seen those plants control people so please tell them what to do and do not so much let them tell you what to do k - my advise to a newbie

Edited by hic

Please do not pretend to know or act like you know what I do or do not want to hear. Just because YOU assume anyone using the word donate is doing something wrong is a problem that YOU have. I have heard many people use that very word when dealing with their 5 REGISTERED PATIENTS so you should not ALWAYS ASSUME so much.

Please do not pretend to know or act like you know that I am being "holier than thou" by providing level-headed warnings. Acting as if I am assuming anything about the word donate is part of the problem here. The phrase "acceptable donation" was used by the OP. That suggests that there is a donation that is NOT acceptable. THAT suggests that it isn't a donation at all but, rather, a sale. This isn't MY interpretation. This is how it will be presented to a court. The point in all of this is that a disguised sale will be seen and treated as a sale regardless of whether you called it a donation. That is the point here so stop trying to make it personal. A donation is a gift. A gift is something given without expectation of anything in return. Giving away BHO in exchange for a gift (donation) is a disguised sale and make no mistake you will be called out for it should it come to that. A true donation is something given without expectation of receiving anything of value in return. But I understand, explaining this makes me "holier than thou." :rolleyes: The fact is you don't like the explanation and therefore attribute some evil intent to me.

Just when I thought we couldn't pick any more nits around here. OMG :lol:

Typical donation/compensation for BHO for my patients is $30-$50/g depending on how much time I have into the product.

How is this nit-picking? It's called keeping yourself safe. McQueen told us that selling marijuana is generally not acceptable. MY point is that disguising a sale in an effort to cover your arse is not likely to work. Read this article that I took from Neil Rockind's website. Then ask yourself whether it is wise to continue to pretend that you are giving your marijuana away and only accepting "donations."

MI COA: Dispensaries and Patient-to-Patient SALES of Medical Marijuana are ILLEGAL

Posted on August 24, 2011 | 2 Comments

Yesterday the Michigan Court of Appeals released their 17-page opinion in the case of State of Michigan v. Brandon McQueen d/b/a Compassionate Apothecary.

View the opinion here: PEOPLE v COMPASSIONATE APOTHECARY – COA Opinion 08-23-11

The Opinion, which was supported by all three judges and was authored by VERY CONSERVATIVE Judge Hoekstra, holds that:

1. Dispensaries are a public nuisance;

2. Dispensaries are NOT authorized by the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act;

3. Dispensaries that “sell” marijuana violate the Public Health Code;

4. Dispensaries that violate the Public Health Code are not excused by the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act;

5. Any BUSINESS that receives money, in order to facilitate the transfer of medical marijuana, is operating for a purpose other than to alleviate patients’ debilitating medical conditions – and therefore is not protected by the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act;

6. The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act does not authorize patient-to-patient “sales” of medical marijuana – which is the “delivery” or “transfer” of marijuana “plus the receipt of compensation”;

7. The “medical use” of marijuana does not permit the “sale” of marijuana – which is the “delivery” or “transfer” of marijuana “plus the receipt of compensation”;

8. No provision of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act permits patient-to-patient “sales” of medical marijuana;

9. A patient or caregiver that “sells” marijuana is not entitled to the presumption that they are engaged in the “medical use” of marijuana;

10. “Using or administering” medical marijuana does not permit the “sale” of marijuana; “a person assists a registered qualifying patient with ‘using or administering’ marijuana when the person assists the patient in preparing the marijuana to be consumed in any of the various ways that marijuana is commonly consumed or by physically aiding the patient in consuming the marijuana”; and

11. “Because the ‘medical use’ of marijuana does not include the ‘sale’ of marijuana, [dispensaries] are not entitled to receive compensation for the costs of assisting in the ‘sale’ of marijuana between [dispensary members.]” In other words, dispensaries CANNOT collect a fee to facilitate the “sale” of marijuana.

However, in footnote 17 on page 14 of the opinion, the Court said this: “…we need not, and do not, reach the issue whether the MMMA permits UNCOMPENSATED patient-to-patient conveyances of marijuana.”

These are the findings of the Court of Appeals.

The bottom line is this: Pursuant to the State of Michigan v. McQueen, medical marijuana dispensaries in Michigan are ILLEGAL if any money exchanges hands. Per footnote 17, it seems like uncompensated patient-to-patient transfers may possibly be legal – but if any money is involved AT ALL – then the transaction is ILLEGAL.

Dispensary owners: Take note and act accordingly.

- Colin A. Daniels, Esq. of MedicalMarijuanaLawyers.com

Just when I thought we couldn't pick any more nits around here. OMG :lol:

Typical donation/compensation for BHO for my patients is $30-$50/g depending on how much time I have into the product.

Fact is there is widespread reliance on conducting what amounts to a sale of cannabis but people try to "rename" the sale as a "donation" and think they are being all cute and clever. Exchanging an item for an expected amount of money is a sale. No two ways about it. Yet people get on Craigslist or whatever and talk all day long about "donations" and think that by saying "donation" this somehow redefines the transaction as not a sale. It doesn't work that way. You can't say "I accept donations of $50/quarter for meds." That isn't a donation. It is a sale. If you said "Donate what you can afford, and I'll give you meds," then THAT is a donation.

It would be a benefit to the MMJ community to understand this.

Anyone who disagrees or does not understand should read up about the people selling sucker fish in Michigan 25 years ago. It was against the law to sell sucker fish. So people would sell the bucket and give the fish away for free. It wasn't long before a stop was put to this practice.

What you might call nit-picking is what others call "trying to help patients and caregivers by giving advice from all angles." Sometimes when people don't like the advice they receive, they get their feelings hurt.

I have never once seen anybody provide a clear and well thought-out position as to why using the word "donation" would keep a person out of trouble.

This whole discussion reminds me of what people used to say in junior high school back in the day, "I'm not stealing, I'm just borrowing with no intention of giving it back."

Selling is selling and stealing is stealing. Swapping out the words with other words doesn't change anything.

I think just about everyone here realizes the weasel words used to pretend that a sale isn't really a sale.

The fact is, a CG transferring cannabis to his/her patients in exchange for compensation is not considered a sale under the law, but it still has all the parameters of a sale, just like the 'donation' weasel words some use.

It's like a huge collective 'wink and nod' and even the MMMAct acknowledges that. Pure silliness, but I guess it's what needed to be done to keep the Feds at bay.

Best idea ever: I either had a stroke, or a stroke of genius.

I am going to open a dispensary. We won't sell MMJ, we won't accept donations for it, we won't give it away for free.

What we're going to do is - trade cannabis for money! Brilliant!!! :rolleyes:

And pretend you are just providing a building where caregivers are servicing the patients on their cards. How original.... :)