Common Colds And Sickness?

Has anyone noticed since they started using or using more regularly they tend to get sick less often and not as bad as usual? I myself have noticed that it just seems I do not get sick as much and when I do it is not nearly as bad as friends and family. It usually just gets to the point of I feel like I may get sick but it normally does not go beyond that. Just wondered if others noticed this. I think it may have to do with the antibiotic properties of the cannabis.

Has anyone noticed since they started using or using more regularly they tend to get sick less often and not as bad as usual? I myself have noticed that it just seems I do not get sick as much and when I do it is not nearly as bad as friends and family. It usually just gets to the point of I feel like I may get sick but it normally does not go beyond that. Just wondered if others noticed this. I think it may have to do with the antibiotic properties of the cannabis.

Antibiotics can't prevent or shorten the common cold or any other virus.

I think it helps.

Personally I also would recommend Zinc, Vitamin D3, and time release Vitamin C this time of year.

I agree. My family all take a good multivitamin, we wash our hands whenever we come inside, and take a small doses of vitamin c year around, along with some fresh or canned fruit daily. We don't get colds or the flu often.. I't been three years for me, and know one else got it that time . knock on wood.. Edited by thecannabiskid

I found the same thing. I rarely get a virus and when I do it's very mild, almost non existant. I thought I was just a lucky ducky. LOL But it makes you wonder. I was thinking that daily vaping might be pro active on stopping the lung complications of most of the viruses going around. In the people I know, I'm the least virus prone of any of them. Really makes you wonder why. This has been a bad year for all my friends and family with viruses. I keep waiting for each one to get me. I just get a few very mild symptoms and then it's gone. No couch time at all.

same here restorium2 it just does not get bad. I have had bronchitis issues my whole life and even that seems much less and more mild than ever.

vaping does help your lungs, my dr has records about my copd before I started vaping and now after ive been vaping quite regularly! vaping helps your lungs, asthma, copd, im not saying you dont cough your arse off while vaping, but it is a productive cough and about 20 mins later your golden!

I kinda wish I didnt grow up using mj for pleasure, I realy love the taiste of some nice budds, so I always have to try it in a rolled smokable fashion, In my opin that is the best way to taiste it, a joint over a bowl and vaping and eating! I would be real happy just eating medibles, but I have to check out them beautiful budds the old fashioned way!

What ive noticed is the heart attacks with the males in my family has gotten passed the 44 yr old mark, my grandpa had his first when he was 45, died at 63 from a heart attack in his sleep, my dad had his first one at 44 yrs old, and than had 5 by passes at around 59, and he has sugar diabetes and all that comes with heart disease, now me and my brother are both in our 50's as far as i know I havent had any heart attacks yet, and I go to the dr. on a regular basis and get a physical every yr, get ekg's and and blood work done all the time, and they tell me im healthy, I love it, Now my old man drank alot when he was union pres for 15 yrs, he had his 1st one while he was still prez!

He abused his body a whole lot less than me and my brother have, we have done it all, alchys, drug abuse, mj from a young age!

It makes me wonder!

Peace

Jim

Vaping messes my lungs up. I've talked to others with the same experience.

Have you ever figured out how vaping could mess up your lungs but smoking does not? Theories? It would seem that everything that is in the vapor would be in the smoke. Is it that you inhale differently when you vape? Good vaporizers are very adjustable. You can even make them smoke like smoking. Like a bag of smoke you inhale just like a off a joint. Was it a 'whip' type you used? You can't control your inhale as good with a whip.

I do wash my hands a lot but do not eat fruits or veggies very often or take vitamins. Thought maybe the cannabis helped my immune system or something since I used to get sick quit often. I should take vitamins at least but just do not think of it when at the store LOL

My wife was not sick for 2 years, then went to California and contracted strep throat, but I was immune from it somehow and have not had a cold or flu myself for a couple years or more now. Ha Ha Ha Tooldini, I should take you shopping some time! We have totally opposite grocery shopping experiences. I go after nutritional suppliments first, then fruits and veggies, then maybe some organic treat like organic granola or organic chips and salsa for an awesome occaisional snack. In the summer even my salsa is all homegrown organic grown ingredients whenever possible. Too many chips will still make us fat, so we don't eat very many of those, but we still have a lot of delicious, good food, just not pre-packaged or processed foods. Organic veggie pizza is so good that I believe you could not pick it out as tasting like the healthy one, these taste so fantastic you can't believe you are eating healthy foods. I am happy you haven't been sick though, for sure Tooldini. And this is good anecdotal evidence of healthful cannabis benefits to real individual humans here in our community as well. Good news from many of you! May we all be blessd with good health and happiness in this life. Thanks to all.

Peace...

Maybe the vaporizer was burning up the meds ?

I once had this same problom and noticed that my bowl was brown and crispy i lowered the temp on my arizer and no longer feel that raw throat feeling anymore.

I heard something about sloughing off old bad lung cells is what we do when we vape and cough, but some can't handle the experience because of various factors. Anyone know more about this?

Taken from: Jack Herer’s “The Emperor Wears No Clothes”

Cannabis is the best natural expectorant to clear the human lungs of smog, dust, and the phlegm associated with tobacco use.

Marijuana smoke effectively dilates the airways of the lungs, the bronchi, opening them to allow more oxygen into the lungs. It is also the best natural dilator of the tiny airways of the lungs, the bronchial tubes—making cannabis the best overall bronchial dilator for 80% of the population (the remaining 20% sometimes show minor negative reactions).

(See section on asthma—a disease that closes these passages in spasms—UCLA Tashkin studies, 1969-95; U.S. Costa Rican, 1980-82; Jamaican studies 1968-74.)

Statistical evidence—showing up consistently as anomalies in matched populations—indicates that persons who smoke tobacco cigarettes are usually better off and will live longer if they smoke cannabis moderately, too. (Jamaican, Costa Rican studies.)

Millions of Americans have given up or avoided smoking tobacco products in favor of cannabis, which is not good news to the powerful tobacco lobby—Senator Jesse Helms and his cohorts. A turn of the century grandfather clause in U.S. tobacco law allows 400 to 6,000 additional chemicals to be added. Additions since then to the average tobacco cigarette are unknown, and the public in the U.S. has no right to know what they are.

Many joggers and marathon runners feel cannabis use cleans their lungs, allowing better endurance.

The evidence indicates cannabis use will probably increase these outlaw American marijuana-users’ lives by about one to two years—but they can lose their rights, property, children, state licenses, etc., just for using that safest of substances: cannabis.

I have smoked pot for some time. I have not had the flu in such a long time I cannot remember? I know I can sit in a house with people that have the flu and get nothing more then a stuffy noise. Is it the pot? Maybe

I used to get the flu when younger. I do not think I have had the flu since I was like 14 maybe. Smoke my first tiny bud at the end of 15 I think.

I am not saying anything it does or it does not help. Seems like you cant go wrong though with the jane girl to me.

However sadly for my view to be full I must also add I know ones that smoke and are sick often.

A lot has to do with life-style...who you share joints with - who ya mingle with so on and so forth.

Flu shots are helping nothing as a whole. Look at spider-mites they are like a virus. They become stronger against attack as time goes on. Much like this flu.

Have you also noticed a flu can now bring a man to his knees? Twas not like that 20 years ago either. By the year bla bla bla you will know what spreads faster then aids.

There is no lump with the flu. Once you sneeze it is too late. Thanks to your brothers its power is gathering strength and shape shifting quick.

Emergency Emergency... we have the flu! It was not like that 20 years ago was it. We do in 2013 though don't we.

They fear the flu so the mess with it... So if they feared the flu in a weak state how will they confront a flu that makes the old flu look like a bit*% ?