Dte Offering Free Electricity ?

Kingdiamond

Well not really i just have to shake my head at all of these new patients looking for handouts. :rolleyes:

Growing cannabis takes time and a lot of money when are people going to realize that nothing in life is free ill tell you all about a prospective patient who i was going to sign on with he said hes been out of work for 2 years and cant afford to pay full price for his monthly amount of medicine we agree to meet at mcdonalds on woodward im sitting in the front picture window in pulls a Saleen mustang spotless rims the whole package im getting jealous i watch the guy walk in he comes up to me "are you King" ? :huh:

Im just at a loss for words this guy cried poor for the entire week then pulls up in a car worth as much as much house yet im suppose to have compassion for him this free ounce a month urban myth is destroying the caregiving buisness electricity genetics soil pots lights nutrients all come at a premium yet im supose to eat the costs and give free ounces to people who have more than i do . <_<

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of people who think the world orbits their butts. I agree with you. Some people tik that due to the fact that they are trying to live on SSI makes them eligible for for free weed because medicaid takes care of them. Not saying they do not have legitimate issues but some don't care about the fact that you have costs.

If there is credable proof that a person indeed needs help im all in i give away more than i provide the majority of the time but now everyone thinks reguardless of their income bracket that its a rule of thumb for caregivers to provide free ounces monthly and get mad when i tell them that i do not believe in this practice most never contact me again .

Yah, people being people!...but also, the marketplace is at work: imports are rising at the same time exports are rising, prices are falling everywhere but deep south US, and Detroit availability is way way up as the number of MI patients without grow rights declines whiile the fragmentation trend toward the average caregiver having only 1.7 registered patients continues.

Yah, people being people!...but also, the marketplace is at work: imports are rising at the same time exports are rising, prices are falling everywhere but deep south US, and Detroit availability is way way up as the number of MI patients without grow rights declines whiile the fragmentation trend toward the average caregiver having only 1.7 registered patients continues.

Are you saying that the number of people growing has caused the price of marijuana in Michigan to decline?

If there is credable proof that a person indeed needs help im all in i give away more than i provide the majority of the time but now everyone thinks reguardless of their income bracket that its a rule of thumb for caregivers to provide free ounces monthly and get mad when i tell them that i do not believe in this practice most never contact me again .

Yeah there are a lot of people who love you if they think you are a supply of free weed. And as soon as the supply stops they are vapor.

this free ounce a month urban myth

lol, I always thought the free ounce a month thing was funny. Established caregivers, who consistently produces top quality cannabis, would know you could never do such a thing. Its also sounds more like, i do illegal transfers to me. Someone Offering that much free cannabis every month is a sure sign of a novice. I have lots of compassion for my patients, but they understand that it is impossible for me to do that and stay within the law.

I believe in paying it forward, helping others, and doing good deeds. in short compassion for my fellow man. and the fact that there are others like me on this site makes me smile very wide. I love giving it away. It is so empowering. even more than the thrill of doing good deeds. I can't sell it. I would feel like a dealer. the first time I had a problem I was new so I just got offers of discount prices. now that I've been here a while, and ask for help several offers came in some people drove all the way to my door just to be a help. This enchanted green herb is a healing gift from god and gifts should be free.

I believe in paying it forward, helping others, and doing good deeds. in short compassion for my fellow man. and the fact that there are others like me on this site makes me smile very wide. I love giving it away. It is so empowering. even more than the thrill of doing good deeds. I can't sell it. I would feel like a dealer. the first time I had a problem I was new so I just got offers of discount prices. now that I've been here a while, and ask for help several offers came in some people drove all the way to my door just to be a help. This enchanted green herb is a healing gift from god and gifts should be free.

Providing a patient good quality medicine and expecting a fair donation in return does not make anyone a drug dealer .

It has nothing to do with not helping others its a sense of entitlement that people get nothing in life is free if it was free to grow than maybe what you say could be a reality but we all know its not.

Like i said if someones indeed of low income i do what i can but its created a culture of everythings free how do you expect a grower to legally recoup costs from being so generous everyone should foot the bill for others seriously ?

Providing a patient good quality medicine and expecting a fair donation in return does not make anyone a drug dealer .

It has nothing to do with not helping others its a sense of entitlement that people get nothing in life is free if it was free to grow than maybe what you say could be a reality but we all know its not.

Like i said if someones indeed of low income i do what i can but its created a culture of everythings free how do you expect a grower to legally recoup costs from being so generous everyone should foot the bill for others seriously ?

I wasn't calling any one a dealer. I just think I would feel like one if I sold any. And I look for the day it's unregulated.

I like your style!

monthly compensations, to keep the power on and nuts in res. seems fair to though.

I believe in paying it forward, helping others, and doing good deeds. in short compassion for my fellow man. and the fact that there are others like me on this site makes me smile very wide. I love giving it away. It is so empowering. even more than the thrill of doing good deeds.

I totally agree but I'm 100% with KD on this one.

Well not really i just have to shake my head at all of these new patients looking for handouts. :rolleyes:

Growing cannabis takes time and a lot of money when are people going to realize that nothing in life is free ill tell you all about a prospective patient who i was going to sign on with he said hes been out of work for 2 years and cant afford to pay full price for his monthly amount of medicine we agree to meet at mcdonalds on woodward im sitting in the front picture window in pulls a Saleen mustang spotless rims the whole package im getting jealous i watch the guy walk in he comes up to me "are you King" ? :huh:

Im just at a loss for words this guy cried poor for the entire week then pulls up in a car worth as much as much house yet im suppose to have compassion for him this free ounce a month urban myth is destroying the caregiving buisness electricity genetics soil pots lights nutrients all come at a premium yet im supose to eat the costs and give free ounces to people who have more than i do . <_<

Incredible isn't it? People.....lol.

This is an education process. Most of the people I meet in the "real world" don't have a clue about mmj law in Michigan. Every time I go to a cert clinic, I get an earful of rubbish.

"patients can own guns but caregivers can't"

"rooted cuttings don't count as long as they are still in your EZCloner"

"If you write 'Don't use until ____ date" on a jar, it doesn't count"

and much, much more.

I have talked to many patients expecting free meds. Many just don't understand. The conversation usually goes like this:

Me: "If you get meds for free, how does your CG get paid?"

Pt: "He sells overages to dispensaries and other patients"

Me: "if he already has patients buying from him, why wouldn't he sign up one of those patients? Even for free? Rather than sign up with a random stranger looking for free meds?"

Pt: "Well, I only need 1oz per month, so the CG can find patients to register with who need more than what their 12 plants can produce and use meds from some of MY 12 plants to fill that gap."

Me: "if your prospective CG can't supply a patient with 12 plants, do you really want him as a CG?"

Pt: "Well, if my CG is selling to multiple other patients, that isn't any of my business, and isn't any of my concern."

Me: "most people cry like babies when the cops show up. You can find one story after another about knowledgeable people foolishly letting LEOs search their house, even when they are over (ala Mike and Shy). If/when LEO busts your CG for selling outside his registered patients, what are the odds that the CG will throw as many people as he can under the bus as he can, in the hopes of better treatment? Be prepared for your CG to tell LEOs that you and he had a "deal" going where he gave you free meds, and in exchange, you didn't care if he sold your overages to other people."

I have used this approach with several patients and then left it to them to decide...you can find a free med CG for sure. Just understand the risk. Most patients seem to conclude that paying a couple hundred bucks a month for meds is a better idea than getting dragged into some CG's conspiracy. Some don't.

Just let me make this clear this isn't meant to be a bash at low income patients who really cannot afford their medicine its to inform those who can Afford to pay that they should not be looking to freeload on caregivers and they should carry their own weight if they are financially stable .

Just let me make this clear this isn't meant to be a bash at low income patients who really cannot afford their medicine its to inform those who can Afford to pay that they should not be looking to freeload on caregivers and they should carry their own weight if they are financially stable .

Yes thank you and I should clarify as well. I have now and have always had at least 1 low-income freebie patient. And I have told this to everybody I sign up. "We all pay a little more for our meds so X person can get them free." I don't know how you didn't vomit on that guy's Mustang.

Yes thank you and I should clarify as well. I have now and have always had at least 1 low-income freebie patient. And I have told this to everybody I sign up. "We all pay a little more for our meds so X person can get them free." I don't know how you didn't vomit on that guy's Mustang.

I could never do that to such a beautiful piece of Detroit muscle its not her fault her owner was a turd lol.

I agree it is HARD to find a Caregiver to provide a free ounce per month but that is a minimum for me- and yes, I have the ability to 'pay for it.'

However, I also have the ability to "grow it." In fact, I can legally grow 12 plants! :butt2:

Unless I wish to assign that right to a Caregiver. :blow-a-heart:

This is called an Assignation and it is worth something of value. You can certainly argue it is NOT worth an entire ounce each month but look at the numbers. With 12 plants it is hard but with 30, 40, or 72 slots once you get the garden up and running for 6 months you can EASILY harvest a pound or more every month from those 12 plants. This is another reason why dispensaries (or at least some other method of distribution outside the CG registry system) are implied under our law. Overages (and underages) are a simple fact when you are dealing with live crops.

Edited by lawyercaregiver

With 12 plants it is hard but with 30, 40, or 72 slots once you get the garden up and running for 6 months you can EASILY harvest a pound or more every month from those 12 plants. This is another reason why dispensaries (or at least some other method of distribution outside the CG registry system) are implied under our law. Overages (and underages) are a simple fact when you are dealing with live crops.

Just because it is possbile to harvest x ounces per month doesn't mean that you MUST do that. 12 plants is a ceiling, not a requirement. If you have more weight than you are allowed then you have a self-created conundrum. Then you claim that the law must allow for that. You cannot imply the legality of a dispensary in this winding fashion.

Hey kd, why dont ya stuff a bag full of dried fan leaves. And say thats what ya get for free.

:D Love it! Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I would be grateful for fan leaves if I was in dire straights.

Just because it is possbile to harvest x ounces per month doesn't mean that you MUST do that. 12 plants is a ceiling, not a requirement. If you have more weight than you are allowed then you have a self-created conundrum. Then you claim that the law must allow for that. You cannot imply the legality of a dispensary in this winding fashion.

Exactly! Use some common sense. If you're only growing for 1 or 2 people you don't need to flower 12 four foot plants.

It took me about a year to work out a growing schedule that would keep me supplied but not leave me with overages. It's more difficult to stay within legal limits, but it is possible.

Edited by Wild Bill