The Kent County Sheriff’S Office Talks About Dispensaries

Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Busted For Selling Products Illegally Read more at http://fox17online.com/2013/01/28/medical-marijuana-dispensaries-bus

KENT COUNTY, Mich– The Kent County Sheriff’s Office recently conducted an investigation, where they busted three different medical marijuana dispensaries for selling their products to people without a medical marijuana card.

“I think they are kind of stretching the law,” said Det. Lt. Ron Gates, Kent County Sheriff’s Office. “They’re not suppose to make a profit and a lot of them are in it for profit obviously they have to make a living, they have to pay for the building and pay for the equipment.”

The edible products are made by extracting Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) from the plant, which is the active ingredient in marijuana. Gates said they can then turn that into butter and place that in just about anything.

“A lot of these dispensaries are actually making the edible food that they are selling to some of their patients and selling it to some people that aren’t,” Gates said.

Friday, students at Three Rivers High School were caught with suspected marijuana laced candy on them. School administrators found out about this, through and anonymous tip. Law enforcement thinks people could be getting products like this marijuana laced candy, from dispensaries that are selling the product illegally.

“They get five patients that they can sell to and we and we have received information through silent observer, through informants that they are selling to more than the five that they’re allowed,” Gates said.

The Kent County Vice Unit has brought charges on three different dispensaries for selling their products to people without a medical marijuana card.

Read more at http://fox17online.com/2013/01/28/medical-marijuana-dispensaries-busted-for-selling-their-products-illegally/#9MS9JGgQ570sKWOv.99

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/01/28/medical-marijuana-dispensaries-busted-for-selling-their-products-illegally/#ixzz2JNCuSbNs

Edited by bobandtorey

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some of you heard me once when I said dispensaries are giving a bad image for the most part! Kids now we got kids involved the parennts will not be pleased about that. The parents are also oters I will add.

Damit. I am sick of punks ruining a good thing so they can make a buck. I would rather have most get a job and get outta the biz.

This is not good boys and needs to be stopped. The dispensaries need torn down and something new must be planted. If nothing can be planted the world is better off without them.

Then we come down to caregivers...the problem is their is not enough good ones...If there were more good ones there would not be this pot for sale in these clubs.

Overages?... hold on to em. I have over ages boo hoo hoo. You providers to the clubs have been spotted. No one says you have to sell em. Hold on to em then.

Come plea your case to me kent county. All of you no good rotten sob's that make things hard.

DO NOT HOLD ONTO ANY OVERAGES!!!!!! If you have "overages" you are breaking the law. There is no provision for overages in the act. You may possibly get away with a Sec. 8 defense. Personally, I wouldn't risk going to jail. No patient or CG should have "overages." Many PTs and CGs do have "unused medicine" and are still within their legal limits.

This is were becoming a good caregiver math is essential.

I have 3 plus myself. If I grow everyones limit so everyone s sitting on 2.5 ounces. and I am allowed to hold on to extra. That means the next batch is material for whatever.

My friend spoke to a lawyer a jar that is wet and curing is not usuable material.

DO NOT HOLD ONTO ANY OVERAGES!!!!!! If you have "overages" you are breaking the law. There is no provision for overages in the act. You may possibly get away with a Sec. 8 defense. Personally, I wouldn't risk going to jail. No patient or CG should have "overages." Many PTs and CGs do have "unused medicine" and are still within their legal limits.

You must mean things like the labels we put on the jars NOT USEABLE UNTIL ?? Or it's not ready until ??

That will not work in a court room without a great Lawyer and money

IMHO

how long can you keep it wet in a jar for? How do you keep the mold away when you leave it wet in a jar? No offence but second had info from a friend i would not bet my freedom on that, just one mans opion good luck.

Hmmm you need to learn much. Things are easier then you make it appear...Lets see you could try to burp it once in a while-idk?

If that is too hard for anyone they might try to grow less-idk?

This is not propaganda.

here you go... a punk walks in has his license for marijuana buys an ounce breaks it down. Sells it on the street may smoke 1 gram of it so that he may come back and get more.

There are 2 worlds in the same place the medical community and the drug dealers selling to anyone they want.

Where is propaganda in that?

Section 8 must cover registered and unregistered, patients and caregivers. There is no other area of the law that maps to the fourth element of the ballot language.

Probably why the courts ask if selling is medical use. We will have to let them decide it. Right now it's not flying. Will the supreme court blow some wind under it's wings? Do pigs fly? Maybe.

This is propaganda. Patients and their caregivers are not responsible for children getting marijuana, not on any sort of scale. Isolated incidents, at best, used to cast a shadow on the rest of us.

I agree just like beer or wine it's not our fought its the party stores I don't think that either

Well I for one would like to see things grow. I would like this sloppy mess cleand up. I would like the dispensaries to be ran more profeesionally like a real doctors office.

No punk with fake migrains is walking out with an ounce to sling. That needs to be an objective.

This is not propaganda.

here you go... a punk walks in has his license for marijuana buys an ounce breaks it down. Sells it on the street may smoke 1 gram of it so that he may come back and get more.

There are 2 worlds in the same place the medical community and the drug dealers selling to anyone they want.

Where is propaganda in that?

Not strictly propaganda but sort of cherrypicking stories to make it seem a greater issue than it is. You are correct though that some of this will fall into the wrong hands as it does with any medicine.

I wrote the following letter a couple of years back. I think folks forget the trade off that will happen if the pharmaceutical painkillers fall out of favor and become less available. I think it will be a good trade.

Dear Senator/Representative xxxxx,

I am writing to all members of the Michigan Legislature with this message because of the importance of this issue.

I have heard opponents of medical marijuana claim that if it were to become more widely accepted, more teenagers would have access to it. While this may be true, I think that these opponents fail to realize that increased use of medical marijuana actually means that patients will have little need for the more dangerous prescription drugs.

Let’s assume that a certain percentage of all medications in our society are going to somehow fall into the wrong hands. Maybe an inquisitive child discovers the medication or perhaps a curious teen may raid the family medicine cabinet. We should all try to be sure that our medications are out of reach but mistakes are made and some drugs inevitably find their way to children and teenagers.

Would you be more concerned if your 4 year old discovered several joints or if they discovered a bottle of oxycontin? If your teen decided to experiment with ‘getting high’, would you rather they smoke marijuana or would you rather they experiment with the prescription vicodin from the medicine cabinet?

How then is our society better protecting the children by favoring prescription pain medications over medical marijuana?

I appreciate your time and consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

No NO NO fine take everything I said back then and I will say.

It goes all the way up to the doctor wanting to make a buck. It is not the dispensaries fault they cannot be ummm discrimitory?

What I will say then because no agenda is needed is that I believe that they must regulate the amount bought. They need something to be more professional?

I can walk in and buy a couple ounces and sling it, anyone can. Now if medication is the issue why not settle with a amount that is appropriate. You need not sell an ounce a time for that is why MI made caregivers.

I do not wish to confuse and I am up to nothing again neutral I am.

Bottom line I believe there must believe it or not be law within the dispensary my self.

If they are wishing to help 20 dam dollars a gram is also not the answer.

If they are a joke to me I wonder what the township thinks...bunny muffin I am their brother and I do not see many of their ways cool.

"at least the ones I have been to and the ones my friends and relatives have visited" they were all the same - idk

If some idiots sell beer to minors, should the party stores be shut down? If some mental deficient sells his vicodins on the street, should the pharmacies be shut down?

Not perfect analogies, but close enough. If there are things 'leaking' down to those that shouldn't have them, stop those leaks for sure, but do not close the entire distribution channel down.