The Kent County Sheriff’S Office Talks About Dispensaries

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to extend the olive branch to all. I know exceptional growers from all demographics. I don't have any gray yet, but I'm starting to feel like it. You could say I'm in the 30+ age group and have had the opportunity to travel(smoke) all across the globe :D . I just want the plant to be free for all people to do what ever they want with it. I don't want the "industry" to become restricted and turn into big alcohol. I'm more of a micro brew kind of guy. The cottage growers put the most love into there plants and it shows. I just think that a dispensary that can buy from whoever they want and sell to anyone that is allowed to buy is a beautiful thing. Something along the line of free trade coffee would be nice.

I agree Highlander. If laws are passed to protect the interests of only certain people the whole thing becomes pointless. It is up to us to never let what happened in Arizona happen here. As long as it all remains "free market" I believe it is a good thing.

I would support any dispensary effort that restricts supplies to those grown my Michigan patients and CGs. No out-of-state meds either....with no interstate commerce, the feds have a harder time with public opinion when they mess with us.

Beyond that, I don't care if one guy makes all the dispensary profit in Michigan as long as the patient's right to grow is not compromised.

We see what big money can do. Maddie Maroun (sp?). We have 1 guy who owns probably one of the busiest border crossing bridges in North America, and this dude was able to get an entire ballot initiative to try to protect his financial interest.

Big money is scary. Protect grow rights, and I don't care if every gas station, pharmacy, drug store, grow store, clothing store, pet shop and church gets an automatic dispensary license.

This thread is funny. Oh the children! OH NO! Never in the history of the world has a child been exposed to marijuana or sold it in school. Especially never before the MMMA was passed. I would rather a kid eat a edible in school than snort their buddy's Adderall in the bathroom.

California seems to have dispensaries without infringing on patients that choose not to use them, has for a long time too. OH NO! Evil bad bad dispensary. Go to the hood in a non medical state and buy some medical grade marijuana guess what? Its 20 a gram all day and probably safer for the seller. In NYC 5 grams is a 100 bucks for medical grade. But But I should be able to force someone to grow high quality meds with high dollar equipment and it should cost me next to nothing. Oh ya and everyone with a card is deathly ill, I cant believe these savages are taking advantage of them like this.

Get real.

Thank you, I'm getting really f-ing tired of the whining that these "Patients" do all day long. If you have nothing better to do, go to the library and read a book instead of littering the internet with your mental diarea. The price of herb has dropped off the charts, 20 dollars a gram is nothing, if herb hadn't been legalised for medical use, there wouldn't be half the cannabis there is in Mi now, everyone would still be getting mexican swag for 50 a quarter, and I would still be buying my herb and self medicating for depression and back pain and paying 40-50 an eigth from the same "Drug dealers" everyone here seem to always be complaining aobut. You people act like the war on drugs isn't still happening and legal caregivers don't still get federal time, why don't you write Aaron Sandusky and ask how much he thinks the cost of herb should be?

When was the last time Purdue Pharma gave away Oxycontin, or ran a buy one get one free special? You want to hide behind the fact that it's legal, but not support the legal way of doing things which (in our capitalistic society) is services rendered=services paid for. Maybe when the grey area is gone, and farmers in Iowa are allowed to start growing for big Pharma, the pricing will drop, but until that day happens, shut up, buy your own nutes, spend 10-15 grand on windmills and solar panels, and shut the flower up.

P.S. 20 some years they've been working this system in California, and they're pricing isn't that different from ours, how did you people become so sanctimonious in only 5 years? I think the prices we pay are a pittance compared to the years in prison our caregivers have done to get us here, and will do until this crazy drug war is finished.

Edited by slipstar059

Well cause Michigander are not Californians. In California a Boy can also marry a Boy. Would you have that be our model of marriage of well.

You talk like you are from Cali. Both this Slipstar and OG lover.

Take your 20 a gram idea and shove it up your cali

Edited by hic

Do not pour out your crap to these people that try to help with both image and sickness of you wants... You want a history lesson boys?

the sixties and seventies were free love.....90' 2000's you buy the love.

Quit with your Cali is higher then thou talk. The movement was strong there. That is all.

Edited by hic

hic, on 29 January 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

This is not propaganda.

here you go... a punk walks in has his license for marijuana buys an ounce breaks it down. Sells it on the street may smoke 1 gram of it so that he may come back and get more.

There are 2 worlds in the same place the medical community and the drug dealers selling to anyone they want.

Where is propaganda in that?

Not strictly propaganda but sort of cherrypicking stories to make it seem a greater issue than it is. You are correct though that some of this will fall into the wrong hands as it does with any medicine.

I wrote the following letter a couple of years back. I think folks forget the trade off that will happen if the pharmaceutical painkillers fall out of favor and become less available. I think it will be a good trade.

Dear Senator/Representative xxxxx,

I am writing to all members of the Michigan Legislature with this message because of the importance of this issue.

I have heard opponents of medical marijuana claim that if it were to become more widely accepted, more teenagers would have access to it. While this may be true, I think that these opponents fail to realize that increased use of medical marijuana actually means that patients will have little need for the more dangerous prescription drugs.

Let’s assume that a certain percentage of all medications in our society are going to somehow fall into the wrong hands. Maybe an inquisitive child discovers the medication or perhaps a curious teen may raid the family medicine cabinet. We should all try to be sure that our medications are out of reach but mistakes are made and some drugs inevitably find their way to children and teenagers.

Would you be more concerned if your 4 year old discovered several joints or if they discovered a bottle of oxycontin? If your teen decided to experiment with ‘getting high’, would you rather they smoke marijuana or would you rather they experiment with the prescription vicodin from the medicine cabinet?

How then is our society better protecting the children by favoring prescription pain medications over medical marijuana?

I appreciate your time and consideration in this matter.

Sincerely

Very good if you don't mind may I use this ? Let me no I will put a day aside

To send this to my contacts around the State to city's and townships and county's people that don't no what's going on around them because we live in a Material world

Only the things we can Touch and see mean anything to those people that can change things for the good

The 3MA is way passed the time for a letter campaign now is the time to write to your rep that you voted for in November just start out by interduceing

Yourslef.

And when they write you back then you can ask them how they feel about people that are sick with cancer most 99% of all Americans even Politicians

LOL can relate to marijuana and cancer

And it will set up a Dialogue witch is what you want to start up if we our to sit in our homes and in front of are keyboards then this is what we all can do

To help keep the ball rolling In our favor.

Thank you, I'm getting really f-ing tired of the whining that these "Patients" do all day long. If you have nothing better to do, go to the library and read a book instead of littering the internet with your mental diarea. The price of herb has dropped off the charts, 20 dollars a gram is nothing, if herb hadn't been legalised for medical use, there wouldn't be half the cannabis there is in Mi now, everyone would still be getting mexican swag for 50 a quarter, and I would still be buying my herb and self medicating for depression and back pain and paying 40-50 an eigth from the same "Drug dealers" everyone here seem to always be complaining aobut. You people act like the war on drugs isn't still happening and legal caregivers don't still get federal time, why don't you write Aaron Sandusky and ask how much he thinks the cost of herb should be?

When was the last time Purdue Pharma gave away Oxycontin, or ran a buy one get one free special? You want to hide behind the fact that it's legal, but not support the legal way of doing things which (in our capitalistic society) is services rendered=services paid for. Maybe when the grey area is gone, and farmers in Iowa are allowed to start growing for big Pharma, the pricing will drop, but until that day happens, shut up, buy your own nutes, spend 10-15 grand on windmills and solar panels, and shut the flower up.

P.S. 20 some years they've been working this system in California, and they're pricing isn't that different from ours, how did you people become so sanctimonious in only 5 years? I think the prices we pay are a pittance compared to the years in prison our caregivers have done to get us here, and will do until this crazy drug war is finished.

and why are caregivers getting locked up?

1. Are they Greedy and grow to many plants?

2. The Law here is 5 Patients to 1 caregiver

3. The Law we have in Michigan is you can't get rich $$ off the sick

4. Without the Patients their is no need for caregivers

5. the people that voted for this Law did not vote for caregivers they voted

For the sick

Well cause Michigander are not Californians. In California a Boy can also marry a Boy. Would you have that be our model of marriage of well.

I think that statement says quite a bit about you.

and why are caregivers getting locked up?

1. Are they Greedy and grow to many plants?

2. The Law here is 5 Patients to 1 caregiver

3. The Law we have in Michigan is you can't get rich $$ off the sick

4. Without the Patients their is no need for caregivers

5. the people that voted for this Law did not vote for caregivers they voted

For the sick

Where in the law does it say you can't get rich?

The people voted for both PTs and CGs, they are both in the law.

I would support any dispensary effort that restricts supplies to those grown my Michigan patients and CGs. No out-of-state meds either....with no interstate commerce, the feds have a harder time with public opinion when they mess with us.

Beyond that, I don't care if one guy makes all the dispensary profit in Michigan as long as the patient's right to grow is not compromised.

We see what big money can do. Maddie Maroun (sp?). We have 1 guy who owns probably one of the busiest border crossing bridges in North America, and this dude was able to get an entire ballot initiative to try to protect his financial interest.

Big money is scary. Protect grow rights, and I don't care if every gas station, pharmacy, drug store, grow store, clothing store, pet shop and church gets an automatic dispensary license.

as long as the patient's right to grow is not compromised. We all feel the same way

But we all no that's the plan they make more money if they grow their own

Why pay a caregiver ?

Where in the law does it say you can't get rich?

The people voted for both PTs and CGs, they are both in the law.

It doesn't say you can't get rich. But it really does when you understand the restrictions. It says that you can only collect from 5 medical patients. I understand I'm not going to get rich collecting what 5 sick folks are going to be able to scrape up. What's the most you think someone like that has in their budget to pay you?

I do not think generalizations can be made about how much money people have based on patient status.

Fair enough. I'm talking about the patients around me. They are cash strapped. Let's work the other end of the spectrum Zap. How much does a well-to-do patient spend a year on their personal medicine? How much times 5 and does that make you rich? I think not. Show me the math if I'm wrong.

Lets just say I have five PTs that all get one ounce a week. There's a potential to make over $50k a year. Not rich, but not bad either. I don't think anyone will ever get into that position, but it's possible under the law. I keep hearing that the law says you're not supposed to make money or profit. Mostly it's coming from LEO, but I've heard it from our side too. I just don't understand what people are seeing in the MMMA that leads them to believe that.

Lets just say I have five PTs that all get one ounce a week. There's a potential to make over $50k a year. Not rich, but not bad either. I don't think anyone will ever get into that position, but it's possible under the law. I keep hearing that the law says you're not supposed to make money or profit. Mostly it's coming from LEO, but I've heard it from our side too. I just don't understand what people are seeing in the MMMA that leads them to believe that.

Lets say that's fuzzy math.

If your patients isn't flipping it illegally, how much do they have to spend a year on their medical cannabis?

Get rid of the fuzz and slap a number out there and times by 5. It's doesn't come anywhere near $50K. If you are running on all cylinders, no troubles at all, well-to-do patients, you MIGHT clear half of that. That would be if your patients could each dole out over $6000 a year, $600 a month. That's totally nuts in the real world. There is NO potential to have 5 patients dole out $1200 a month. You are way wrong Celliach.

Im sorry I cannot please everyone....just ask my wife. I can help some though. I do not walk on water either.

Yesterday I walked on water and pleased my wife, that has about as much to do with this conversation as your subtle gay bashing.

What was the point of bringing that up?

I absolutely think the lgbt community should receive equal treatment in love and marriage. I'm not from California nor have I lived there but if you can't see the positive affects that their fight for medical cannabis has had on our state then you are blind. Considering your stance on human rights, your backwards view of the medical cannabis industry isn't surprising. Btw my comments weren't to say we shouldn't have a compassionate outlook towards patients, my point is nobody dares to tell big pharma they aren't allowed to make money from legal heroin (opiates) why are they over regulating the medical cannabis market if it truly is medical.?

I'm actually from Michigan and have spent 15+ years in this state. Why does it have to be about getting rich? It is more efficient if a caregiver or a patient can operate their garden at maximum capacity and sell the overages to a store which will in turn sell it to people that want to buy it. I don't like to waste electricity, time, or money. I could care less who marries who, none of my business. See some people want to control what others do, they want power over them because they feel inadequate about themselves. Live and let live. Or is it hic can live and everyone else needs to live the way he says they should. Lol.

Why does it have to be about getting rich? Your short stint in cali has messed with ya I am sure to some degree.

Why is it about the money? You guys that grow to your ha ha ha max potential are in it for the money...duh

If it were not about the money they would only need 2 600 watt lights and some t-whatever for veg. Not 8 1000 watts and some little metal halides for veg.

I am neautral I see both sides. I live both worlds overgrow and medicinal. You will not fool me with your rants sir.

Rich is a very subjective term. I do not consider making anything under 1,000,000$ a year to be rich.

I think there is a false argument that if people are pro dispensary then they automatically want to take away people's grow rights. I want the option of growing my own meds while being able to go to different dispensaries across the state to see what else is out there that I like. To see alternate pheno's of strains that I like. To get an edible when I'm not at home. The reason California is brought up is because, in my opinion, it is the most successful model in the world for allowing people to use the plant.

To prove a point nothing else.

You wish for the answer...are you sure? I do not think you do or you would not be insulted already.

Only ask me something if you are dam sure you can handle the answer.

I think all it proves is your homophobic.

I was more shocked than insulted, you seem to be a person who wants to help in general.

That is your deal and doesn't add to the conversation. That is my point.

I can't handle the answer, pretty omnipotent for someone who can't even walk on water.

What am I thinking now?

If you guessed, "Why did I get involved in this." You are correct.

Have a nice day, everybody.