Mcoa Its Not Illegal To Share Medical Marijuana With Another Patient!

Kingdiamond

http://www.freep.com/article/20130130/NEWS06/130130057/Sharing-medical-pot-not-crime-Michigan-appeals-court-rules?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

HASTINGS — The Michigan appeals court says there’s nothing illegal about a medical marijuana user providing a small amount of pot to another registered user at no cost.

The court agreed today with a Barry County judge who had dismissed charges against a medical marijuana user who provided the drug to another at no cost. It’s the first decision by the appeals court in a case involving marijuana that changed hands without money.

I guess the biggest victory in this case was that it took yet another tactic prosecutors used to harass patients out of their tool box. The ruling in Barry was common sense but binding on no other court in Michigan. Even if Barry Co adopted that as their standard, that left what, 82 other counties to do what they wanted? You think they cared about it in Oakland?

I bet they care about it in Oakland now. That was the victory. It was a victory FOR PATIENTS, not dispensaries or farmers markets looking for a new loophole.for sales.

Dr. Bob

I guess the biggest victory in this case was that it took yet another tactic prosecutors used to harass patients out of their tool box. The ruling in Barry was common sense but binding on no other court in Michigan. Even if Barry Co adopted that as their standard, that left what, 82 other counties to do what they wanted? You think they cared about it in Oakland?

I bet they care about it in Oakland now. That was the victory. It was a victory FOR PATIENTS, not dispensaries or farmers markets looking for a new loophole.for sales.

Dr. Bob

s

Do you think it will help the people in Oakland county that are in court?

I would like to think it means more than that. It means people can help each other to make sure all have what they need.

Dr. Bob

Same, same. Just on a different scale. Sometimes a pass is all it takes to help. Now it's legal. Sometimes when things are tight you go over to another patient and they might only have a pass to give. It doesn't make it any less. It can be huge. It can make it so you could eat or sleep. This is old doc. This is where it's at when things get skinny.

I'm confused how this ruling will help anyone?

Well, if you were telling an officer, or prosecutor, you went over to Joe Patients house, and lit up with him, you wouldn't have to go OOPS, I just messed up. It's legal now to share. You know that some law enforcement would use a statement like that against you if it were illegal, like they may have thought before.

Well, if you were telling an officer, or prosecutor, you went over to Joe Patients house, and lit up with him, you wouldn't have to go OOPS, I just messed up. It's legal now to share. You know that some law enforcement would use a statement like that against you if it were illegal, like they may have thought before.

Thanks but if you say that you will be arrested for driving

Question: If a friend of mine were to go meet a friend of theirs and in the course of the meet my friend were to gift his friend some amount of meds, and coincidentally my friend's friend were to also gift my friend some of his meds and assuming no US (or Canadian) monetary credits were exchanged - would this be a) a trade b) legal c) both d) none of the above?

Question: If a friend of mine were to go meet a friend of theirs and in the course of the meet my friend were to gift his friend some amount of meds, and coincidentally my friend's friend were to also gift my friend some of his meds and assuming no US (or Canadian) monetary credits were exchanged - would this be a) a trade b) legal c) both d) none of the above?

hmm.. Trades. I'd also like a good answer to this question. Would be nice to see trade allowed....meds...clones...etc. This would be great for patients' access to new meds.

hmm.. Trades. I'd also like a good answer to this question. Would be nice to see trade allowed....meds...clones...etc. This would be great for patients' access to new meds.

Why even call it a trade? That just confuses something that is firmly legal. The giving doesn't have to be exactly simultanious(trade). You can give them some of what you have. They can give you some of what they have. You can call it a trade if you want to. But for the purposes of a defense in court it can be just giving and giving.

Why even call it a trade? That just confuses something that is firmly legal. The giving doesn't have to be exactly simultanious(trade). You can give them some of what you have. They can give you some of what they have. You can call it a trade if you want to. But for the purposes of a defense in court it can be just giving and giving.

Yep. patients giving away MMJ...sharing...just like the community has for many years. I don't know anyone who ever bought or sold MJ. Only people who give/have given it away for free. Nice to finally have this official.