Mildew/mold Problems

where can i get one of those scopes and how much are they?

i feel like every single caregiver should put one on "their list" and check every time. every transaction.

and if a patient has a serious lung condition that would require the use.... strike that...

everyone should try to have one...

sounds like a good idea for anyone who uses a home grown item.

research time... :)

Do you think BHO avoids these contaminants? I wonder if butane or isopropyl can kill spores . . .

no

Spores are 2 microns. a 5 mesh silk screen lets them pass through.

The survive a lot ..

You would think that burning would kill them. But that's not exactly what you are taking into your lungs as smoke. AND you are puffing through material that is warmed but not yet burned.

There is a risk involved in outdoor fires in the fall. Same fungus. It can hit lungs from being in the camp fire smoke. Or the smoke of burning leaves.

Edited by peanutbutter

I realize that this is a "first-world problem" but I am just curious about the subject. Not suggesting that nothing is safe. Could surely be an issue for certain people but I understand that the vast majority of pts won't have these concerns.

LOL I've been bashed under the theroy that one is to many ..

Vast majority .. How about when someone has the flu?

Here is a pic of that little pocked microscope

gallery_87_112_7755.jpg

i found this one... looks very close

i am not sure on the lights wavelength...

http://www.chinabuye.com/60x-mini-pocket-microscope-loupe-2-led-lighted-magnifier-1-currency-detecting

SKU:45546

Quick Ship

$ 4.37

100% Brand new and high quality.

Illuminated by LED and ultraviolet lamp.

2 Bright LED lights of the Magnifying Glass provides enough light at any dim conditions. Currency detecting microscope magnifying power is 60X.

With a faux leather pouch, can protect it from scratch, attrition, etc.

The pocket size is convenience to carry, you can use it in everywhere and every time.

LOL I've been bashed under the theroy that one is to many ..

Vast majority .. How about when someone has the flu?

Here is a pic of that little pocked microscope

I personally think one is too many. But what is the alternative? No degree of testing can absolutely rule out mold spores. So I suppose the idea would be to be extra-vigilant when dealing with patients with higher degrees of concern. Even then, you won't be able to assure that there isn't even 1 single mold spore on product. But you do the best you can.

How many kids die of peanut allergies every year? We don't ban peanuts even though they aren't a medicine.

I personally think one is too many. But what is the alternative? No degree of testing can absolutely rule out mold spores. So I suppose the idea would be to be extra-vigilant when dealing with patients with higher degrees of concern. Even then, you won't be able to assure that there isn't even 1 single mold spore on product. But you do the best you can.

How many kids die of peanut allergies every year? We don't ban peanuts even though they aren't a medicine.

Well .. my sister has asthma .. that was the weakend system that allowed her to get the fungus infection.

Well .. my sister has asthma .. that was the weakend system that allowed her to get the fungus infection.

I have asthma as well. Asthma doesn't weaken your immune system. Your immune system should be able to fight off a fungus just like any normal person's. The asthma could be aggravated by the fungus if that is a trigger for her asthma but her body should be able to fight off the fungus just like a normal immune system. Asthma doesn't lower your white cell count.

I have asthma as well. Asthma doesn't weaken your immune system. Your immune system should be able to fight off a fungus just like any normal person's. The asthma could be aggravated by the fungus if that is a trigger for her asthma but her body should be able to fight off the fungus just like a normal immune system. Asthma doesn't lower your white cell count.

Are you advising that it is safe to smoke such bud?

Are you advising that it is safe to smoke such bud?

First, I didn't say that. If you follow the thread it is clear that I don't know what is safe. That is why I am posting here. To flesh out the issue.

Second, I said that asthma doesn't lower your immune system and that you should be able to fight off the fungus like a normal immune system. So the question becomes, how would a normal immune system respond? Can a normal immune system fight it off? I don't know. Maybe Dr. Bob could chime in. I'm not claiming any particular knowledge here. I'm basically wondering what safe parameters would be.