What'll They Think Of Next

Suspicious Activity Reporting Mobile

sar.png

The Suspicious Activity Reporting mobile application enables citizens to document people, vehicles, and a location related to suspicious activity and submit the report to multiple West Virginia and Federal law enforcement agencies instantly. Until now, the Suspicious Activity Report could only be submitted by completing and faxing a paper form or completing a web form on the WV Fusion Center Website.

The free application gives citizens the ability to:

• Capture a photo from the app or use one that already exists on the device
  • Automatically find and use the phone’s location or enter an address
  • Report detailed subject and vehicle descriptions
  • Remain anonymous if preferred, or include contact information

*NOTE – This application is not intended for emergency purposes. Please dial 911 or your local police

http://www.wv.gov/sa...es/default.aspx

Funny. Communist dictators used (or still use for all I know) people to "inform" on their neighbors and friends. No one knew who the informants were, but they ratted people out for even minor political offenses. Now here we are in "The Home of the Brave" and "The Land of the Free" ratting each other out for any minor infraction that the reporter deems suspicious. I guess I had better become friends with my neighbors?

Funny. Communist dictators used (or still use for all I know) people to "inform" on their neighbors and friends. No one knew who the informants were, but they ratted people out for even minor political offenses. Now here we are in "The Home of the Brave" and "The Land of the Free" ratting each other out for any minor infraction that the reporter deems suspicious. I guess I had better become friends with my neighbors?

When did ratting out your neighbor become something new in this country?

Yea I dont have many neighbors and the ones I do are seasonal, I dont like to get close with my neighbors in a small town, its not good, at least down in the city people have alot more to do that be bothered with what their neighbors are doing, up here every one knows every one, you cant let one rip in the meat market w/o making local news! if you have a meat market in your lil one horse town! were lucky we do, but we go to the next towns cause its better and cheaper!

Peace

Jim

That doesn't mean everyone else wasn't doing it before, e.g. McCartheyism.

that was almost as bad as being a communist. that is why it was deemed horrible to turn citizens against each other and it started the great fear of big brother. and taught us not to trust the government. you mean that mc cartheism? please don't tell me you took part in any thing like that. myself I would do the time I don't roll over on any one ever. Edited by cujo

that was almost as bad as being a communist. that is why it was deemed horrible to turn citizens against each other and it started the great fear of big brother. and taught us not to trust the government. you mean that mc cartheism? please don't tell me you took part in any thing like that. myself I would do the time I don't roll over on any one ever.

Why would you think that I would have participated in that?

I was using it as an example of Americans narcing each other out to illustrate that narcing others out was nothing new in America.