Qualified Expert To Testify On Making Of Cannabis Extract (Rso)

Herb Cannabis

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aside from qualifications, the person would need to be willing to put their name and face into the public eye to a certain extent. Also, if testifying, one could be cross examined, under oath. That could be dicey for some folks given that the topic of expertise is federally illegal.

I agree but their are people that do just that and make money for it and some do it for free

What are the qualifications of such a witness Herb?

I really don't know how they are qualified, I have been making the extract for some time now, in fact, I have boiled over 40 gallons of the 99% ISO in my medicine making days. You would think that would be enough to qualify me, except the person who requires the testimony is my patient and that is enough to disqualify me.

Edited by Herb Cannabis

Where's PB? He finally has a chance to help someone with his expertise!

PB is very good at presenting unconvincing material in a convincing way. This causes me to disagree with him frequently in these discussions, but it is this quality that would make him a good expert witness, and in a forum where there are immediate consequences instead of just on-line bantering. Let me put it this way. I would probably never want PB to speak on my behalf to legislators, etc. but I wouldn't hesitate to offer him the standard expert witness fee is I ever needed someone like him to testify for someone I know. Testimony (especially cross examination) requires a rare sort of person, a sort of person who might be different from someone who has the guts to give a speech or TV interview.

There are many, many good public speakers out there, but few of them would make good expert witnesses. Expert witnesses need to be confident with their material - emphasize what they are sure of and de-emphasize the rest - coming across as an expert rather than someone who is unsure.

Plus, he isn't afraid of the system or talking in front of groups.

An expert witness is one who has knowledge or experience beyond what is considered common. Expert witnesses can bring credibility to a legal case, or can be used to cast doubt on evidence or facts presented by the opposing attorney.

Before testifying before a jury, an expert witness must be qualified by the court, based on expertise,

accomplishments, and training directly related to the subject matter of the case. Qualifying an expert witness must be done carefully to ensure that the expert's testimony is allowed at trial,

and is accepted and believed by the jurors. Impressing the jury with expert testimony is often crucial at trial.

The lawyer responsible for hiring the expert witness is responsible for convincing the judge that the witness in fact possesses specialized experience and training.

The opposing lawyer has the right to cross-examine the expert witness in an attempt to disprove the qualifications of the witness. Questioning is focused on the background, training, education, skills, experience, and knowledge of the expert.

Education and degrees are often highly regarded by courts as evidence of expertise, but an expert witness can also be qualified based on experience and skills alone.

Once the questioning of the witness has concluded, the court will then make a ruling on whether or not the witness will be accepted as an expert in their field.

An expert's experience, qualifications, and credibility should be presented to the jury without any hint of boasting or exaggeration. Jurors are less likely to connect with and believe the testimony of an expert witness when they feel resentment created by an immodest display of awards and degrees

. It the lawyer's job to bring out the expert's superior credentials. This approach will ensure the jury does not form resentment based on the perception that the expert witness seeks to parade their accomplishments in front of the court.

An expert witness is one who has knowledge or experience beyond what is considered common. Expert witnesses can bring credibility to a legal case, or can be used to cast doubt on evidence or facts presented by the opposing attorney.

Before testifying before a jury, an expert witness must be qualified by the court, based on expertise,

accomplishments, and training directly related to the subject matter of the case. Qualifying an expert witness must be done carefully to ensure that the expert's testimony is allowed at trial,

and is accepted and believed by the jurors. Impressing the jury with expert testimony is often crucial at trial.

The lawyer responsible for hiring the expert witness is responsible for convincing the judge that the witness in fact possesses specialized experience and training.

The opposing lawyer has the right to cross-examine the expert witness in an attempt to disprove the qualifications of the witness. Questioning is focused on the background, training, education, skills, experience, and knowledge of the expert.

Education and degrees are often highly regarded by courts as evidence of expertise, but an expert witness can also be qualified based on experience and skills alone.

Once the questioning of the witness has concluded, the court will then make a ruling on whether or not the witness will be accepted as an expert in their field.

An expert's experience, qualifications, and credibility should be presented to the jury without any hint of boasting or exaggeration. Jurors are less likely to connect with and believe the testimony of an expert witness when they feel resentment created by an immodest display of awards and degrees

. It the lawyer's job to bring out the expert's superior credentials. This approach will ensure the jury does not form resentment based on the perception that the expert witness seeks to parade their accomplishments in front of the court.

You might see sprinkled in my posts over the years, the idea that we need to hash things out on this forum. What some people see as someone being disagreeable, I see as someone helping to prepare the readers here for a future argument/testimony/being called-to-task if and when the time comes.

PB has spent a lot of time defending his ideas and approaches. This is why I think he'd do just fine under cross-examination. He's well-rehearsed. Do I agree with him all the time? No. But reasonable minds can disagree and the discussion that ensues in the meantime only solidifies one's arguments. This is why I think PB would do well. If everyone on-line had spent the last 4 years agreeing with him, I doubt he'd be as prepared for the big game.

q: what do you do for a living?

a: where does it hurt the most? Can I try to take the pain away?

or

better answer "I make peanutbutters topical oil kits. I make and sell kits that enable people to make their own "peanutbutters topical oil."

They add their own cannabis to make the oil. Sales of topical oil kits provides me with most of my bill money.

That way, I can give my time away free of charge to help people make Rick Simpson oil for terminal cancer patients. I've been teaching people how to make it for nearly five years. I had passed out several hundred copies of a video that shows how to make it in April of 2008. As soon as the law came into effect, I made my first batch of RSO. And began teaching live classes.

I'm the co founder of the Michigan cannabis cancer project, primarily a education project. We have worked with several cancer patients in Michigan.

I am also a bladder cancer patient. My life depends on this medicine."

Just might be qualified.

Edited by peanutbutter

q: what do you do for a living?

a: where does it hurt the most? Can I try to take the pain away?

or

better answer "I make peanutbutters topical oil. Would you like to know what that is?

That way, I can give my time away free of charge to help people make Rick Simpson oil for terminal cancer patients. And have been teaching people how to make it for four years.

The topical oil pays most of my bills."

The fun thing is you get to pre-can most of what you say.

When someone asks you, "What makes you and expert?" the answer is two-fold.

1. "It has been legal for MMJ patients in Michigan to grow and prepare cannabis for medical use for four years and to share this medical cannabis with other patients. I have been a registered patient for this entire four years, and have been assisting other patients with their medical use of marijuana free of charge. My past record shows that I was involved in this activity a little while before the people of the state of Michigan voted to make it legal. So I have as much experience with legally assisting patients with the medical use of marijuana as any other person in this state, and a little illegal experience at it as well."

2. "I study alternative therapies and herbal medicines too. I prepare, market, and sell a non-cannabis-containing topical oil I call PB Oil (insert discussion). MMJ and non-MMJ folks alike have reported benefit from this oil, and it is the sale of this oil that allows me to give some PB oil away for free to low-income patients and also helps to cover my travel and other expenses when I assist patients with their medical use of marijuana, which, again I am not compensated for."

or something like that.

see edit

better answer "I make peanutbutters topical oil kits. I make and sell kits that enable people to make their own "peanutbutters topical oil."

They add their own cannabis to make the oil. Sales of topical oil kits provides me with most of my bill money.

That way, I can give my time away free of charge to help people make Rick Simpson oil for terminal cancer patients. I've been teaching people how to make it for nearly five years. I had passed out several hundred copies of a video that shows how to make it in April of 2008. As soon as the law came into effect, I made my first batch of RSO. And began teaching live classes.

I'm the co founder of the Michigan cannabis cancer project, primarily a education project. We have worked with several cancer patients in Michigan.

I am also a bladder cancer patient. My life depends on this medicine."

Just had an odd thought. I don't make most of the pb oil out there. What I sell is not intended for human consumption at all. Topical or otherwise.

It is a kit to enable others to make the oil.

Anything to that, CL?

Edited by peanutbutter

Sounds like an infomercial. If you said that in court for me I would have a hard time keeping my seat. You are supposed to be telling the court how you need a lot of PURE cannabis oil that takes a lot of plants and cannabis to make. Leave the snake oil salesmen at home that day. These guys can google and they will see through anything you fabricate. They are not internet and information illiterate like most of your customers.