Need A Lawyer Help !

MWTC

Iam located in hastings in Barry County.. I know that he is very highly regarded in the mmm Community .. iam wondering if anyone has used him and how they felt and if it went well..had a visit From SWET and there saying i wasnt in an inclosed locked facility ..i would like the best representation possible.. Thanks

Iam located in hastings in Barry County.. I know that he is very highly regarded in the mmm Community .. iam wondering if anyone has used him and how they felt and if it went well..had a visit From SWET and there saying i wasnt in an inclosed locked facility ..i would like the best representation possible.. Thanks

Is Tom Evans still the prosecutor out there?

ya i also had a warrent serverd a few years back bye julies husdand who is the hastings pd s lead detective on a facilty.. they took pictures and let me go confiscating nothing..a couple months later i had a breaking and entering in the same faculty where the apprehended the suspectes they where prosecuted and Six of my mature plants where returned to me.. the hastings city police have done me well up until now.. so all i can do is hope for the best.. and ask people to keep me in there prayers

ya i also had a warrent serverd a few years back bye julies husdand who is the hastings pd s lead detective on a facilty.. they took pictures and let me go confiscating nothing..a couple months later i had a breaking and entering in the same faculty where the apprehended the suspectes they where prosecuted and Six of my mature plants where returned to me.. the hastings city police have done me well up until now.. so all i can do is hope for the best.. and ask people to keep me in there prayers

Sorry this is happening to you. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Good luck I truly hope things work out for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a visit from the Washtenaw county on couple days ago. over 20 cops. they terrified my kids. They took everything. they claimed I was over my weight limit. caught them picking the garbage the night before the raid. my 4 year old daughter is still confused to why did the cops wake her up in the morning and they were all over the house.

I also got a visit from SWET they confiscated everything, and left without pressing charges or explaining how i was in violation of MMMA. I still haven't heard a thing, and its been weeks.

So sorry to here this I know someone that this happen to also but over 3 years ago and just last week he found out theirs is a warrant out

Seams as Leo just waited until the courts changed things and then sent out letters to turn yourself in

I had a visit from the Washtenaw county on couple days ago. over 20 cops. they terrified my kids. They took everything. they claimed I was over my weight limit. caught them picking the garbage the night before the raid. my 4 year old daughter is still confused to why did the cops wake her up in the morning and they were all over the house.

so sorry the kids must be Terrified how sad

A trash pull should not be grounds for a warrant any longer after 08 nor just smelling mmj when that stops so will the raids on legal medical marihuana Patient's

And as a community what can we do ? Who do we need to meet with? Your city Attorney?, Local prosecutor, ? Not sure

Sorry to hear about this. Its seems like when they catch wind of a medical grow, the common procedure is to raid it, and act as if they had know idea it was a medical grow, allege or suspect a POSSIBLE crime, and confiscate equipment and shut down the grow, and deprive patients of their medicine. Not only is this behavior amoral, it is also illegal( but its very hard to prove) and they know it. What time was the raid? iv read that raids are supposed to be between 9am and 5pm unless they have a reason to believe you are armed or dangerous or something along those lines. Sorry to hear they scared your kids. I dont want to alarm you but they will probably send CPS in sometime real soon,, so be prepared for that.

So sorry to here this I know someone that this happen to also but over 3 years ago and just last week he found out theirs is a warrant out

Seams as Leo just waited until the courts changed things and then sent out letters to turn yourself in

Thanks! Sorry to hear about your friend. I don't understand how they can take peoples possessions and not even know if a crime has occurred.. i guess the presumption of innocence has been thrown out the window!

from what I herd barry county was soft in court on mmj. but that was some time ago. sounded like the police want to bust but the PA dosent push it much. I used Hills law office in kzoo I know he works in Allegan and kzoo but not sure of barry county. I got hooked up with mike hills on a referral from another attorney I was told he is the best criminal defense attorney around sw mich for DUI. on a mmj possession charge I had beckett a understudy of mikes work on my case which was reduced to a disturbing the peace. I know I took a plea bargan but $$$. targowski and grow is a fine choice if $$$ is no issue. but if I was you I would call mike k. 1-800-656-3557 the number zap gave you. dose any one have specs on a locked and enclosed facility? we are building one for a customer right now 16 x 16 addition and looking for specs. like locks, lights, BTU, doors cfm of air and wattages filters stuff like that.

Edited by HEMP4LIFE

by specs you mean the correct watt lights and size of filters/air ducts for that size room?

its 16x16x?? you may want to start a new thread.

for legal "locked and enclosed facility" (well dont take this as legal advice...)

plants cannot be visible from any adjacent property, so light diffusing material , like cloth or translucent plastic are required on all sides (and roof).

it must have a roof.

must be secured into the ground (cant lift up a wall)

must have a lock that only the patient has the key for.

to be safer, i would try to have a 2-tier-door. like an outer door and an inner door, that way its 'always locked'. put some kind of automatic closing arm on the doors, so that if patient forgets, it automatically locks behind them.

we dont know about windows, but in previous cases i think the police didnt want anyone to be able to reach in and grab things.

so probably put metal grates over vents / windows.

thats about it. you can read more in the MMMA , outdoor growing was recently clarified by the legislature.

the walls and roof = "all sides except the base". base meaning the ground, so you can grow directly in the ground.

"chain-link fencing, wooden slats, or a similar material that prevents access by the general public"

the law , with the new definitions and clarifications is here:

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-Initiated-Law-1-of-2008

by specs you mean the correct watt lights and size of filters/air ducts for that size room?

its 16x16x?? you may want to start a new thread.

for legal "locked and enclosed facility" (well dont take this as legal advice...)

plants cannot be visible from any adjacent property, so light diffusing material , like cloth or translucent plastic are required on all sides (and roof).

it must have a roof.

must be secured into the ground (cant lift up a wall)

must have a lock that only the patient has the key for.

to be safer, i would try to have a 2-tier-door. like an outer door and an inner door, that way its 'always locked'. put some kind of automatic closing arm on the doors, so that if patient forgets, it automatically locks behind them.

we dont know about windows, but in previous cases i think the police didnt want anyone to be able to reach in and grab things.

so probably put metal grates over vents / windows.

thats about it. you can read more in the MMMA , outdoor growing was recently clarified by the legislature.

the walls and roof = "all sides except the base". base meaning the ground, so you can grow directly in the ground.

"chain-link fencing, wooden slats, or a similar material that prevents access by the general public"

the law , with the new definitions and clarifications is here:

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-Initiated-Law-1-of-2008

Very good At describing what has to take place for an outside grow I think that a jury would not Convict anyone because a door was left open

But the jury instructions that judge will give them Will say ladies and gentlemen if you find that the door was not locked you must find them guilty