The Bureau Of Alcohol, Tobacco, Marijuana, Firearms And Explosives?

I received this message from SSDP yesterday. I encourage all TWB readers to use SSDP’s online tools to contact your Reps and Senators. Luckily for this Oregonian, contacting my rep Earl Blumenauer is not necessary!:

By Aaron Houston, Executive Director, Students for Sensible Drug Policy

I’m heading to a press conference right now to join Congressmen Jared Polis (D-Colo.) and Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) in announcing the introduction of the most sweeping proposed reforms ever to be advanced in Congress related marijuana legalization.

The statists see they are fighting a losing battle, and are going to act like they want to "help us" now by legalizing it "to follow the will of the people" but I believe they aim to regulate and tax us to death over this plant. I am afraid that the government will want total control, from seed to patient smoke, and that it will be worse than it is now for folks who don't need their supervision to administer their own doses. I believe the police state will converge on "legal" users and seek to find any and every technicality to make sure you are using the state grown meds, or you will surely be punished. I hope I am wrong, I really do, but I have a bad feeling about any new legalize it law that includes tracking cannabis to become the monopoly grower/distributer will turn this good thing into a new nightmare. I hope I am wrong as anything has ever been, but I have a bad feeling here. I hope my bad feeling goes away, and all will be well for us all, for the rest of our days!

Peace...

happily.jpgeverafter.jpgiconhappy.jpghappy.jpghappy-birthday.jpg-9.png213.jpgwezgood-byepartehTTHAPPY.jpgDSCN0755.jpgP1010233.jpgWCFR-June102.jpggnome-415x680.jpgcaptain-picard-full-of-win-500x381.jpgcaptain-picard-day.jpgfred_flintstone.jpgbobdenver.jpg20060225175609990006x2.jpgunderdog.jpg

the government will want total control, from seed to patient smoke, and that it will be worse than it is now for folks who don't need their supervision to administer their own doses

. I believe the police state will converge on "legal" users and seek to find any and every technicality to make sure you are using the state grown

meds, or you will surely be punished. I hope I am wrong, I really do, but I have a bad feeling about any new legalize it law that includes tracking cannabis to become the monopoly

grower/distributer will turn this good thing into a new nightmare

I agree be carefully what you wish for

The Colorado 'legalization' law allows each person to grow up to '6' plants for personal use, and as long as they don't SELL those plants, they can do what they wish with them, except of course putting them in the hands of anyone under the age of 21.

If we don't start now to define what our 'legalization law' will look like here in Michigan, we will be leaving it up to the FEDERAL government to do it for us.

It's up to us....

And here's a site that will let you do just that. Look for the part that says; Take Action

http://www.drugpolicy.org/

The Colorado 'legalization' law allows each person to grow up to '6' plants for personal use, and as long as they don't SELL those plants, they can do what they wish with them, except of course putting them in the hands of anyone under the age of 21.

If we don't start now to define what our 'legalization law' will look like here in Michigan, we will be leaving it up to the FEDERAL government to do it for us.

It's up to us....

I know I have asked this question in the past . Why are we not discussing the language that would go into such a law ? . . . Forgetting , of course , what a fine job they have done with our current one . Edited by knucklehead bob

Good point, KB! What about it all you legal beagles out there? What kind of legal language should we be insuring be put in place before someone else decides for us? Is it even possible to stop them from continuing their war on the poor and middle class on a single point, ever? We can only hope for the best, but can we do anything pro-active now to stop anything that looks like a take over of more of our individual caregiver model by a government or corporate puppet entity? You guys are a lot smarter than me and I hope you can use some words to help save some of us from a harsh new "legal" cannabis world. Please, if you can, now would be good. May we all get through our trials and on to better days ahead!

Peace...

beenoneofthosedays.jpgbetter_days.jpgGHYT-1.gifjoe_better_days_-front.jpgPicture260.jpgJonathanNelsoncopy.jpgaoifdapiodfjaoisdhfoasidhfoiasdhfo.jpg2PAC5.jpgbetterdays.jpgthsmallll.jpgbyGlennFriedman70801_0462.jpgbrighter-days-ahead-becky-belveal.jpgNeverGiveUp.jpgAugust32008001.jpgSD530805.jpgfeet.jpgF4.jpgl_fdf7feea8a3d4f4a94d7a8bb93388694.jpgATT88953nice3.jpgtisalittlebright.jpgEarlierMorningEDIT.jpgohbz.jpganim-youarenotalone.gifSurtur.jpgearthhappy3.jpg

My k-9 smelled 7 plants, so I thought I should knock on the door to investigate! Had another deja vu moment night before last when you know who showed up at 0400 hours, next door. Something apparently going on next door and they weren't there long, but back again parked on the street for awhile. Was wondering whether they smelled my compost pile, and whether it might be deemed usable - DOH! Lovely thing about snow, is no sneaking around at night without leaving some tracks, so far my only plus! hehe

My k-9 smelled 7 plants, so I thought I should knock on the door to investigate! Had another deja vu moment night before last when you know who showed up at 0400 hours, next door. Something apparently going on next door and they weren't there long, but back again parked on the street for awhile. Was wondering whether they smelled my compost pile, and whether it might be deemed usable - DOH! Lovely thing about snow, is no sneaking around at night without leaving some tracks, so far my only plus! hehe

So far only a little hoppy critter, either wascally wabbit, or possibly squirrel (feet don't separate). Never lived in siberia before, but when I saw squirrels out today figured they probably can't drill through ice without some NUTZ, haha...brrrr...My UPS brought me new red bag today, and seemed surprised when I opened door with my mayan hat, outdoor coat, etc, like WTF is wrong with this Indoor NOOB?? haha...

Colorados numbers are too small. 1 oz/6 plants is too little.

I would say we should mimic amounts for medical. 2.5/12

These MPP and DPA guys/gals act like they have never grown their own marijuana. 1 ounce!.... get the F out of here.

Why stop at 2.5oz... why not a full pound????

Michigan needs to stand up like the big Boys and Girls we are, and Do what this state Always Does when the Constituents are sick and tired enough to finally stand up, and Just Legalize it. It is a herb, and like Crab Grass, catnip or barley or oats, or wheat, should be legalized full out. I have to stand with Jack Herer on this. Fully Legal or you ll just get Fraked.....

Edited by Timmahh

Michigan needs to stand up like the big Boys and Girls we are, and Do what this state Always Does when the Constituents are sick and tired enough to finally stand up, and Just Legalize it. It is a herb, and like Crag Grass, catnip or barley or oats, or wheat, should be legalized full out. I have to stand with Jack Herer on this. Fully Legal or you ll just get Fraked.....

My thoughts exactly, Timmahh!

We keep screwing around, and we 'will' get screwed!