Is It True?

roadworkahead

IV. CONCLUSION

Because we conclude that defendants’ business does not comply with the MMMA,

we affirm the Court of Appeals’ decision on alternative grounds. While the sale of

marijuana constitutes “medical use” as the term is defined in MCL 333.26423©, § 4 of

the MMMA, MCL 333.26424, does not permit a registered qualifying patient to transfer

marijuana for another registered qualifying patient’s medical use. Plaintiff is thus

entitled to injunctive relief to abate a violation of the Public Health Code.

Birmingham Compassion is still going, and will have its next meeting at 7 pm Feb 19 at the Baldwin Public Library. I'd love to collectively figure out how to make this program work better in Oakland County.

Fantastic! Perhaps the one in A2 will again be established. take into consideration the last person running the meetings became a dispensary owner. Let's get them started again might be the safest way to connect patients and caregivers!?

I fail to see the difference between a dispensary selling and a co-op selling, this law will stop ALL sales, except those between a caregiver and his or her patients. They declare "transfer", so I think we are back to only buying from our registered caregiver. Unless of course your co-op consists of only 6 people, the caregiver and their 5 patients.

Yes, but you ignore that every of the 5 patients can also be caregivers (this is to wkinnie, not malmute, who states just what I say below). We need to build the web specified wayyyy back in www.qualifyingpatient.com

It is in this way everyone can be protected. It takes some work, and it takes LEGAL ADVICE from those who know Law and how to interpret it. This is why people go to school for years -- because it is complicated -- the simplification and use of one sentence (in an 8 page opinion) is wrong. Go back and read and look at he web built by Schmid....He had it right years ago. A web can be built where everyone is not only a patient, they are as well a caregiver and connected in a vast web of patients who are also caregivers.

I fail to see the difference between a dispensary selling and a co-op selling, this law will stop ALL sales, except those between a caregiver and his or her patients. They declare "transfer", so I think we are back to only buying from our registered caregiver. Unless of course your co-op consists of only 6 people, the caregiver and their 5 patients.

Edited by Murph

Sorry, wrong -- patient to patient sales under Section 4 is all CA addresses...they specifically say that too...Read NRockind's post....

http://www.rockindlaw.com/3265/blog/breaking-news-neil-rockind-analyzes-supreme-court-opinion-in-mcqueen-relax-it-isnt-that-bad/