The Tupperware Party Model

I just heard that dispensaries have been ruled by the Mich Supreme Court as illegal. If that is true, patients have a very big problem. As we all know, an uninterrupted supply is very difficult for newbie growers. How can this be used as our medicine unless it is available when needed?

I've been wondering if the model used by Tupperware might work...with a small additional step. The idea would be to invite 2 or 3 caregivers over along with 6-10 patients for a small private house party. Folks could see what is out there and private discussions could spring up. These folks might want to discuss some things in private and they would move into the 'discussion room' to chat privately.

Perhaps the caregivers might want to leave a small uncompensated gift for the host as they depart. Another hour or so of chatting and then people go on their way.

I see that only well known, trustworthy patients and caregivers could be invited over, but that would also be up to the caregiver to decide if they were comfortable with the patients.

Thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here we go...

the ideas are starting.. :)

My point exactly. These ideas are what got us here in the first place. Ideas about how little needed to be done medically by a doc/marketing person wanting to certify folks, how to justify commercial sales to 'a' patient, etc.

Just Say No.

We have a caregiver system, use it. Or grow your own.

Dr. Bob

I can appreciate the advise but much easier for you to say, plenty of good folks earning a living are in a bit of a scramble and probably dont need the "rich doctor" telling them to go back to minimum wage somewhere.

Sorry my spending years in school to do what I do bothers you. I am just glad I had the ability and the opportunity to do it.

Dr. Bob

Sorry my spending years in school to do what I do bothers you. I am just glad I had the ability and the opportunity to do it.

Dr. Bob

Compassion clubs as described and implemented before dispensaries, can indeed help patients and caregivers. Please stop stating patients will suffer. compassion clubs will once again put patients in touch with caregivers if they can't or don't want to grow themselves. saw it happen once.. it will happen again.. feeling positive

The issue isn't the planned arrangement as far as growing your own or naming a caregiver. It is all about the unplanned events. What if you are growing for yourself and you have a disaster and your plants die off? How long before the next crop would be ready? Too long, right? Or what if your caregiver has the disaster?

You can say that you can immediately name a caregiver and wait 20 days. But say, you really do want to grow for yourself and you only want this new caregiver arrangement temporarily. Do caregivers want temporary patients hopping with them and then back out?

Maybe compassion clubs are the answer, I don't know.

Compassion clubs as described and implemented before dispensaries, can indeed help patients and caregivers. Please stop stating patients will suffer. compassion clubs will once again put patients in touch with caregivers if they can't or don't want to grow themselves. saw it happen once.. it will happen again.. feeling positive

I very much agree. See my post in the main thread.

Dr. Bob

It doesn't bother me, I thought it was an insensitive way of giving good advice.

What that we have a caregiver system, we need to use it? I didn't make the decision to try and make it commercial in the first place. I advised against it.

And for the record, I am not rich, I work for a living just like everyone else.

Dr. Bob

What that we have a caregiver system, we need to use it? I didn't make the decision to try and make it commercial in the first place. I advised against it.

And for the record, I am not rich, I work for a living just like everyone else.

Dr. Bob

That it why I quoted it, talking about perceptions here. I would wager you work more then most, if travel time is included. Anyway I apologize if I offended.

That it why I quoted it, talking about perceptions here. I would wager you work more then most, if travel time is included. Anyway I apologize if I offended.

I got that and am not. Just irritated at the ruling today and what brought us to it.

We're good.

Dr. Bob

House parties are perfectly legal in Michigan, right?

Maybe, maybe not. But, why is that relevant? You think I can pay 12 hookers for a night of fun and call it a "house party?"

Are we discussing what is legal, or are we discussing how can we do illegal things with MMJ and be all clever and cute and not get caught?

I was putting forth an idea for discussion. I see this MSC ruling as extremely problematic for many people. I was trying to come up with ways for patients to possibly still acquire meds when in need.

My first choice would be the completely above board and legal acquisition method but aside from naming a temp caregiver, I couldn't come up with one. Since 'not getting arrested' is a key component to any proposed idea, yes, I included that consideration

If you've got other ideas, please lay them out for discussion.

I was putting forth an idea for discussion. I see this MSC ruling as extremely problematic for many people. I was trying to come up with ways for patients to possibly still acquire meds when in need.

My first choice would be the completely above board and legal acquisition method but aside from naming a temp caregiver, I couldn't come up with one. Since 'not getting arrested' is a key component to any proposed idea, yes, I included that consideration

If you've got other ideas, please lay them out for discussion.

I was simply trying to prevent someone from mistaking "LEO won't find out" with "It is legal."

Like we've said since 2009. Act like it is all still illegal.

Does your sister need some MMJ but she isn't your patient? Go ahead and help her out - just don't come here and post about it :)

Just like 2009. Know the people around you. Trust noone else.

If people would simply spend as much time improving and streamlining the system we have, the caregiver system, instead of wasting all their time and effort trying to find ways around the current system, we probably would not even be having this discussion.

Make what we have work.

There are PLENTY of caregivers to service ALL patients. And if even if we didnt, what is so hard about training people(patients) to be caregivers?

People spend so much time running away from what is...

If people would simply spend as much time improving and streamlining the system we have, the caregiver system, instead of wasting all their time and effort trying to find ways around the current system, we probably would not even be having this discussion.

Make what we have work.

There are PLENTY of caregivers to service ALL patients. And if even if we didnt, what is so hard about training people(patients) to be caregivers?

People spend so much time running away from what is...

Some of you are missing the point. Yes, a person can name a caregiver but what if the person can't afford to buy meds and wants to grow for himself. He doesn't want a caregiver to grow his plants but has a garden mishap where the crop is lost? What does this type of patient (or caregiver for that matter) do in the intervening months?

Will there be a special class of temporary caregiver that arises to help people in need for 4-5 months or so? Today dispensaries and farmers markets fill this need.