Some Ideas Because Of The Mcqueen Ruling

Maybe CCs are the way to go now. As many people know, I've tried to revive the CC network that was started by this organization back in it's inception. It might actually be wise to revisit that model right now.

Also, what about CG referral services for people that don't want to organize a CC?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think there is a business in matching patients with caregivers. It is a valuable service if done correctly. If the signup sheet doesn't do it for our club, I will likely try to morph it into a non-profit business of some sort.

It is all going to depend on how well patients and caregivers are able to handle creating and developing their own relationships. So far it has worked well among a small group of dedicated members, and I hope it continues as our world expands in the wake of this decision.

We just keep a list of reputable CGs at the club. It is available at all our meetings. If I get a phone call from someone looking for a CG, I give them the whole list, starting with a different CG each time so everyone has a chance to be first on the list.

I always tell new PTs not to sign up with the first CG they talk to you as different CGs have different qualities, prices and personalities. It's best to find someone you are comfortable with.

Personally, I wouldn't touch an empty locker within the state of Michigan right now.

How does an empty locker business model make enough for overhead? By charging the CG or the PT? Cant the CG get together with the PT for free?

I just don't quite understand the empty locker business method. Somebody, somewhere along the line, is having to pay extra for the place that the locker is in.

The dispensaries maintained they were operating legally under the act. Patients were misinformed and now look at what has happened.

There are plenty of caregivers, good ones. Compassion clubs worked great for patients to meet & interview caregivers.

The act works perfectly well for patients and caregivers.Tthe dispensaries were the ones that maintained the act did not work for patients and caregivers. too much BULL for too long. Good luck caregivers, patients deserve the best...now get growing quality not quantity. NO chemicals

i'm not defending dispensaries, but where did they get the marijuana from?

caregivers with overages.

so if you say dispensaries had bad meds...

that means cgs had bad meds.

dispensaries and caregivers have zero differences in marijuana quality.

theres good dispensaries and bad dispensaries.

good caregivers and bad caregivers.

but i guess we're not supposed to talk about "testing" around here.

Personally, I wouldn't touch an empty locker within the state of Michigan right now.

How does an empty locker business model make enough for overhead? By charging the CG or the PT? Cant the CG get together with the PT for free?

I just don't quite understand the empty locker business method. Somebody, somewhere along the line, is having to pay extra for the place that the locker is in.

Simply put, pts and cgs will or will not buy in for the conveience and privacy. Sure they can get together for free. Some may see the option as a worthwhile benefit. If you do not, there is nothing that requires that you participate. The business, for or not for profit, can earn enough to stay in business with rents and access fees. These do not require that cannabis is stored, and the management would have no interest in what is stored, be it copies of registration, paraphanelia, or your gym socks.

Edited by GregS

There was plenty of quality in the CA in Lansing, and plenty of decent/good herb in the other dispensaries in town. I think patients will be hit both in the wallet and in availability.

There is reason to believe that a locker system could provide at lower prices than a dispensary.

You might make money by hiring some baristas, baking some great pastries and rolls, and providing a pleasant atmosphere, some of it outside the public domain.

Edited by GregS

There is reason to believe that a locker system could provide at lower prices than a dispensary.

You might make money by hiring some baristas, baking some great pastries and rolls, and providing a pleasant atmosphere.

So you put the bag of choice buds in a locker and expect someone to put money in there and take the bag? All of this anonymously? Do you know how stupid that is?

So you put the bag of choice buds in a locker and expect someone to put money in there and take the bag? All of this anonymously? Do you know how stupid that is?

Someone is bound to find out.

All that is required is that an individual obtain a locker combination from a lessor. It is between those parties, and those parties only. Some might consider that enough anonymity along with only as much information necessary to maintaiin a business relationship with someone else, up to and including their caregiver. The management, again, has no interest in the business between parties.

I think I have laid this out pretty clearly. Take it or leave it. It matters not to me.

Edited by GregS

good point mal...

i have read a whole lot of news articles recently about large quantity cannabis busts when receiving the shipment from out of state.. or large warehouse style grows...

a consistent and significant amount was / is brought into the state from business owners trying to increase their margin