Some Ideas Because Of The Mcqueen Ruling

I no for a fact that at least 2 well known dispenceries some of the first to open up imported there mm. How do i no this witnessed it first hand. One in Ann Arbor an employee was on the phone with the owner he was in cali and needed her to wire him 9000. The other openly stated we got this hash from cali they where not even trying to hide the fact there bud tenders openly said we have cali hash this was in Yipsilanti wonder who this was. Good riddens I wont miss them.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not defending dispensaries, but where did they get the marijuana from?

caregivers with overages.

so if you say dispensaries had bad meds...

that means cgs had bad meds.

dispensaries and caregivers have zero differences in marijuana quality.

theres good dispensaries and bad dispensaries.

good caregivers and bad caregivers.

but i guess we're not supposed to talk about "testing" around here.

I see those used to preaching have no sight. The reason was marketing. Look at them line up over a phone or black holiday. The reason we got junk in dispensaries was because of marketing...

You failed to mention that T-pain. That is the root of why it was weak. Now if you wish to talk of the help that was not giving from a dispensary or dispensaries we can talk about that later.

Here's the rub: If a patient is engaging in a transfer from an unconnected cg then the unconnected cg is committing a crime per McQueen. While the pt may be able to receive the marijuana (thus remaining safe for the receipt part of the transfer) there is an argument that can be made that you could be charged with conspiracy to commit an illegal act since you are participating in the illegal transfer. In other words, but for your acceptance of the mj the cg could not have committed the illegal act. So your participation would constitute conspiracy.

Will anyone prosecute under this theory? Who knows? Maybe not. But the possibility exists.

Here's the rub: If a patient is engaging in a transfer from an unconnected cg then the unconnected cg is committing a crime per McQueen. While the pt may be able to receive the marijuana (thus remaining safe for the receipt part of the transfer) there is an argument that can be made that you could be charged with conspiracy to commit an illegal act since you are participating in the illegal transfer. In other words, but for your acceptance of the mj the cg could not have committed the illegal act. So your participation would constitute conspiracy.

Will anyone prosecute under this theory? Who knows? Maybe not. But the possibility exists.

I lost a lot of faith in the system when I saw a news story about a guy who tried to break into a house by climbing a tree to get into a second story window. The tree was spindly, and it swayed back and forth once the guy got up to the second floor height. He smashed into the window three times. (It was on video). It was said that the guy was charged with three counts of attempted B&E.

Edited by Highlander

This is why we bare shotguns right? for B&E.

The possibility of an asteroid hitting earth is a possibility too. Yet we still soak up the sun.

I would love to help you C but not I am not willing unless other wise directed and you know that. Close real close like at the end close but no cigar.

I agree with you and this was along the lines I was thinking. To your point the odds of prosecution would be very small but it is always important to highlight patient risk.

Well I saw three dispensaries open for business today in a town that has no problem with them.

A town that doesn't have a problem with it? what town? I need to move there. maybe we should split up the state with green counties and red counties (sarcasm).

A town that doesn't have a problem with it? what town? I need to move there. maybe we should split up the state with green counties and red counties (sarcasm).

Ann Arbor dispenceries were all open, business as usual as of yesterday. Yipsi was more discrete, they had the doors locked, but were letting their own patients in for purchasing.

word is they're all waiting for a cease/disist order to close, since it's currently named a civil crime. you got to figure Schuette already has them filled out and now on the way

8 mile's dispenceries seemed all closed and weren't answering the phone

Ann Arbor dispenceries were all open, business as usual as of yesterday. Yipsi was more discrete, they had the doors locked, but were letting patients in for purchasing.

word is they're all waiting for a cease/disist order to close, since it's currently named a civil crime. you got to figure Schuette already has them filled out and now on the way

Illegal dealers of the past never got a cease and disist warning before they were raided. I hope we see more of that across the board so we can have fair treatment for all the illegal marijuana dealers in the state. I have seen law officers park in your driveway the day before the raid(if they liked you). A note from Schuette is definitely a step in the right direction. I would feel priviledged to have this instead of the quick 'bag over your head and lay on the floor' you used to see a lot. I wonder if the dispensary dealers even understand how good they have it?

Illegal dealers of the past never got a cease and disist warning before they were raided. I hope we see more of that across the board so we can have fair treatment for all the illegal marijuana dealers in the state. I have seen law officers park in your driveway the day before the raid(if they liked you). A note from Schuette is definitely a step in the right direction. I would feel priviledged to have this instead of the quick 'bag over your head and lay on the floor' you used to see a lot. I wonder if the dispensary dealers even understand how good they have it?

I hope one day to see all your hatred and contempt aimed at the government that doesn't want you to use mmj. prob not though....

There is no such animal as a "civil" crime. The prosecutor, in the McQueen case, simply used a civil remedy to close down CA. They could have prosecuted McQueen for a crime but didn't. Basically he got lucky.

Now, post-McQueen, the conduct is confirmed as a crime. If there are dispensaries still open you can bet that cases are currently being built against them for crimes. Maybe not in some of the more friendly communities (Ann Arbor) but you can be sure it is happening in other places. If you are a dispensary owner and haven't been shut down yet then you are probably under investigation.

I hope one day to see all your hatred and contempt aimed at the government that doesn't want you to use mmj. prob not though....

I don't think he is loving the government. I think it is more a disdain for people who give medical a bad name. If I'm on vicodin does that mean I should love the illegal corner vicodin dealer just because he is pushing what I legally use? Remember, criminal enterprises are what puts the clamps on the meds to begin with. Look at pseudoephedrine. A few years ago you didn't have to go to the counter to get it. Meth labs have now lead to government regulation of cold meds. So I have to show my id to get a box of sudafed.

Ann Arbor dispenceries were all open, business as usual as of yesterday. Yipsi was more discrete, they had the doors locked, but were letting their own patients in for purchasing.

My wish was granted ha ha ha, I am sure others too had the same wish.

I see dispensaries as the same any other person trying to sell marijuana illegally. And I thought that the letter from Shuette was much better than the quick 'bag over the head' my friends got back in the day. It's an improvement. Don't read and more into it than that. I think that every single illegal marijuana dealer in Michigan should get a cease and dissist letter before the rough treatment. Fair treatment across the board for all of us/them. How can anyone argue or find fault in that? But you can try .....

This is probably the problem: it is very difficult for me (and I think a lot of people) to think of the dispensaries and farmer's markets as criminal enterprises. It just isn't the same since they are selling to patients and caregivers for medical use.

I agree. But this isn't about what we think, it is more about public perception. I think many people immersed in what I will call the medical mj culture, have a jaded view of what public perception is generally. The average person in Michigan likely thinks McQueen is the name of a gay flamboyant Irish man. Haha, I jest, but you get the idea.

Do you really think the majority of people see the dispensaries in general as a criminal enterprise? I just don't hear that in any of my conversations, and I converse with a fairly diverse group of people.

Does the fact that most all the news stations are blasting it out there that pot shops are illegal in Michigan weigh into the picture for you at all? It even hit the national news.

There was plenty of quality in the CA in Lansing, and plenty of decent/good herb in the other dispensaries in town. I think patients will be hit both in the wallet and in availability.

My c.g was giving me a plant every 10 days or so, some times sooner sometimes later, but I never ran out, I was getting sometime 5 zips or more from that one plant, and the dispense in pinconning was selling his meds that I got for free for 28 grm, now who is getting ripped off? pt's that buy from a dispense thats who, now i under stand there are some out there that dont know any where else to get it from, but we have this site, Im sure any one that can come in here and earn some trust can get their meds from an awsome c.g!

Im not going to be embarrassed or ashamed any more about getting my mm free from my c.g, beleive me I earn it and he knows it, it is between me and him and no one else, I have it made, now im a c.g to my lady and I know where to get clones, or vegged plants ready for budd, or a fresh plant he just sniped, he never drys mine if he gives me a plant, I like to dry and cure it myself, and mine most def taiste better than his, in fact he comes over to visit i burn one with him and he asks where did you get that from that is taisty.lmao, i got it from him.

There are alot of good c.gs now compared to a few yrs ago, it takes a while to get your room locked in, and than still you have shctuff happen! Do you have any idea how much cash some of these c.gs paid for their equipment to grow as much as they legaly could? not to many c.g's even know that, just the ones who thought, yes i said THOUGHT dispenses and p2p and c.g to any pt was legal? I do, but i didnt spend that much, im keeping mine small, its all i need, if you cant maintain a good grow with 12 plants you have no biz doing it, now im not saying its gonna happen the first grow, mine all died lol, ive had lots of probs for going on a yr now, but im not a quiter, Im still going at it, but it is for me and mine, im not losing anything, this ruling didnt hurt me any! Im sorry for those of you it hurt, I dont see how it hurt you if you were following the law though!

Peace

Jim

You have made your perspective very clear. I definitely understand what you think, crystal clear. This post nearly duplicates the one at the top of the page, right? Should I peruse it for subtle changes?

Put it in the perspective of the 'No one should go to jail for selling weed" mantra. If they treated all the illegal dealers like they are the dispensaries then maybe we might get there. Why do you want to separate anyone off and put dispensaries somehow above the rest of the folks who sell illegally?