Some Ideas Because Of The Mcqueen Ruling

Do you really think the majority of people see the dispensaries in general as a criminal enterprise? I just don't hear that in any of my conversations, and I converse with a fairly diverse group of people.

I think the majority of people see dispensaries operating and thus assume they are legal. They feel that if the dispensary was illegal then there wouldn't be 20 on Michigan Ave in Lansing. Then they hear channel 7 action news tell them that "pot shops" are illegal. They don't know, understand, or care to find out, what the supreme's reasoning was. They accept what they hear on its face value. They hear their elected officials on the news claiming that dispensaries are illegal. They see elected officials as looking out for them in general. They then buy into that message. Maybe they see footage of 100 people at the capitol protesting and saying it isn't illegal and they also get an image-byte of the man dressed as a pot leaf jumping around. Then their mind defaults to dispensaries being illegal. Do they feel mj should be illegal? Maybe not. At least not babyboomers and younger. But they are so consumed with the economy, their job, their families, etc., that they don't care that much. Think Mazlow's hierarchy of needs with legal marijuana being at the top of the pyramid.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will definitely concur that this event is a tipping point in the communication with the public. I was thinking more of what the public thinks now, which you seemed to confirm. Mostly, they do not care. Mostly, they think dispensaries are legal and okay. This decision and subsequent coverage is going to start to change that, probably.

Does it really matter what the public thinks? I'm more concerned with what a prosecutor or judge thinks. I don't want to have to trust a jury.

Put it in the perspective of the 'No one should go to jail for selling weed" mantra. If they treated all the illegal dealers like they are the dispensaries then maybe we might get there. Why do you want to separate anyone off and put dispensaries somehow above the rest of the folks who sell illegally?

Do you mean to tell me that you really see no difference? Keep in mind there are some out there that lump us all into the same category as illegal growers as well or illegal users Does that seem right?

I will definitely concur that this event is a tipping point in the communication with the public. I was thinking more of what the public thinks now, which you seemed to confirm. Mostly, they do not care. Mostly, they think dispensaries are legal and okay. This decision and subsequent coverage is going to start to change that, probably.

Yes. Public apathy is alive and well. There is a reason that only somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 or 70 percent of eligible people are registered to vote AND only maybe half of those registered actually vote. The majority of people are not activists and the majority of people don't care about things like this-- especially during tough economic times.

Dispensaries from my experience have been 100% criminal intent

I was writing that ^ in the form of several paragraphs. I think some double standards are showing. I haven't seen any of the illegal home cannabis businesses trying to mess with my legal grow rights. They don't try to call me a dirty basement grower either. I think they should be treated at least as good as public pot shops. That's my point.

Edited by Restorium2

I was writing that ^ in the form of several paragraphs. I think some double standards are showing. I haven't seen any of the illegal home cannabis businesses trying to mess with my legal grow rights. They don't try to call me a dirty basement grower either. I think they should be treated at least as good as public pot shops. That's my point.

Well I suspect that University of Phonix digree is failing me now

Got no clue what you are talking about

ill opps,, most of which have been tied to transplants from cali are almost extinct

we found 8 disp pushin calli product 4 peddling that pre packaged crap from colo

The hammer is comin down

We just needed the sc to reboot the system the people of this great state voted for

Edited by beourbud

I think many in this community become stuck in the echo chamber.

People hated dispensaries. Large portions of the general public absolutely hated them.

Many many people that voted for the law thought they should not exist and are very unhappy they do/did.

And well, you know much of what i know and could you even possibly say that most were not illegal enterprises without getting more specific?

Again echo chamber. communities, not just city council people, went silly when dispensaries were opening up, signs on main street, children , blah blah blah.

And noone remembers any of this?

Selective memory or total echo chamber.

Wasn't a big deal here. The only people I remember raising a stink were a couple old fuddy duddy busybodies that cry about anything and everything. No one paid them much mind.

I do not see the hatred either among the people I speak with. I think most dispensaries were NOT supplying themselves with cali,colo meds. Did SOME? Yes probably so ... Did most? I highly doubt it....... Did some public freak out over dispensaries? Yes probably so.... Did alot? No.....

I do not see instances of mass complaints and if someone could point me to the FACT that there is... I would like to see it....

This is not selective memory, echo whatever...... This is how I see it..... And believe most see it that way as well... I agree with Zap the most complaints I see are from public officials or some right in this very community.

Wasn't the general consensus on this website that dispensaries were not only illegal but a backward step....? Thinking back to the Ypsi thing...and the big hub-bub over the caregiver's cup and what the H were the organizers gonna do with all the leftover meds? Oh yeah, open a dispensary.

It seems to me that before dispensaries opened, most folks in the MMJ community thought they were not legal, but the stance softened up over the proceeding months.

You just making things up? Or misrepresenting newspaper articles run by public officials that oppose medical marijuana?

The reporter in Birmingham that wrote a profile story on our Compassion Club did a "man-on-the-street" type interview piece, and among 15 people, he got one pro, one against, and 13 that didn't care at all. That is what I saw.

I think that is the general consensus here as well. People just don't care, mostly because it doesn't affect them.

So you guys are saying you dont believe there were almost any complaints made about the dispensaries?

Hahahaha... Oh my.

The most vocal and outspoken complaints that I've seen have been from within our own ranks.

Edited by Northern Lab