Some Ideas Because Of The Mcqueen Ruling

How about the hundreds and hundreds of citizens that directly complained to city hall and the police?

No?

None of that rings a bell?

I am serious guys,... wth? Were you all not dealing with the general public for the past 3 years on this?

I dealt with this nonsense daily. I guess as i said, stuck in an echo chamber.

And ozz, i was saying, you guys/gals wont even admit there was SOME.... which is now just making me laugh at you guys.

Wow... fish bowl reality.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the dispensaries that were selling out of state meds were doing so for one reason. To meet the demand. It was safer for them to illegally acquire out of state meds then to deal with the constantly changing legal atmosphere in this state.

The bud that comes from out of state is still here on the streets. It was here on the streets before the act was passed. There is a demand for access to a variety of quality meds that simply cannot be met by only having your caregiver provide for you. Yes some people may be happy with choosing between 5 or 6 strains, others want to select how they medicate from a much broader spectrum then what a single caregiver can provide. A lot of the strains that people hear about in national publications just were not available widely in this state at the start of our act.

Not every dispensary is out to take away peoples grow rights. The situation in AZ was voted on by the people and they knew it was in the language from the start. It is their fault for allowing it to pass.

The majority of dispensaries that I have been to, in MI, simply wanted to fill a need that was not being met.

Yes people want to make money. That is the essence of living and being an adult, to provide for yourself. If you can do that while helping other people, more power to you.

People also complain about the entire medical marijuana issues as a whole. So what, people complain about a lot of things. A lot of the complaining comes from the stigma of pot built up by decades of drug war propaganda.

Dispensary madness is the new reefer madness.

How about the hundreds and hundreds of citizens that directly complained to city hall and the police?

No?

None of that rings a bell?

I am serious guys,... wth? Were you all not dealing with the general public for the past 3 years on this?

I dealt with this nonsense daily. I guess as i said, stuck in an echo chamber.

And ozz, i was saying, you guys/gals wont even admit there was SOME.... which is now just making me laugh at you guys.

Wow... fish bowl reality.

Might I suggest you reconsider who is living in a fishbowl reality. None of what you described happen in my community.

I will say i am completely shocked that it seems selective memory is at play here, or you guys were not paying attention.

Some one here is not paying attention, but, I'm not sure who that is. I never met anyone at a dispensary who wasn't grateful for being able to obtain their meds when they couldn't find them anywhere else.

In the time I spent last fall volunteering for the democratic party, I didn't here one of them dogging the dispensaries and we did talk about that in great detail.

At least 30% of the state was against the MMMA and probably complain about it. That surely trumps the hundreds and hundreds of complaints against dispensaries. Yet here we are. If we had catered to the thousands and thousands of people that are against medical marijuana as a whole we would not have the MMMA. The fact that the dispensaries continue to sell out and have to import meds shows that more than enough people want them. Maybe there is a consensus among the top posters here that dispensaries are bad, to say that that is how the majority of interested parties in this state feel is not honest.

A lot of the dispensaries that were selling out of state meds were doing so for one reason. To meet the demand. It was safer for them to illegally acquire out of state meds then to deal with the constantly changing legal atmosphere in this state.

The bud that comes from out of state is still here on the streets. It was here on the streets before the act was passed. There is a demand for access to a variety of quality meds that simply cannot be met by only having your caregiver provide for you. Yes some people may be happy with choosing between 5 or 6 strains, others want to select how they medicate from a much broader spectrum then what a single caregiver can provide. A lot of the strains that people hear about in national publications just were not available widely in this state at the start of our act.

Not every dispensary is out to take away peoples grow rights. The situation in AZ was voted on by the people and they knew it was in the language from the start. It is their fault for allowing it to pass.

The majority of dispensaries that I have been to, in MI, simply wanted to fill a need that was not being met.

Yes people want to make money. That is the essence of living and being an adult, to provide for yourself. If you can do that while helping other people, more power to you.

People also complain about the entire medical marijuana issues as a whole. So what, people complain about a lot of things. A lot of the complaining comes from the stigma of pot built up by decades of drug war propaganda.

Dispensary madness is the new reefer madness.

"Dispensary madness is the new reefer madness." Nice line, glad I thought of it! I believe that you are spot on.

At least 30% of the state was against the MMMA and probably complain about it. That surely trumps the hundreds and hundreds of complaints against dispensaries. Yet here we are. If we had catered to the thousands and thousands of people that are against medical marijuana as a whole we would not have the MMMA. The fact that the dispensaries continue to sell out and have to import meds shows that more than enough people want them. Maybe there is a consensus among the top posters here that dispensaries are bad, to say that that is how the majority of interested parties in this state feel is not honest.

Agreed

Um, i am going to leave this alone because obviously people are living in a bubble on this one.

MPP specifically took dispensaries out of our law because polling showed our law would not pass if dispensaries were allowed. We would lose around 10% support just by allowing dispensaries.

It seems you guys do not circulate amongst the general public enough or have to deal with this directly in communities around the state or something,... i don;t know why the disconnect exists,... but it does.

Just keep believing the public lubs dem sum dispensaries.

At least you can dmit dispensaries were supplying themselves from out of state. Thanks.

Um, i am going to leave this alone because obviously people are living in a bubble on this one.

MPP specifically took dispensaries out of our law because polling showed our law would not pass if dispensaries were allowed. We would lose around 10% support just by allowing dispensaries.

It seems you guys do not circulate amongst the general public enough or have to deal with this directly in communities around the state or something,... i don;t know why the disconnect exists,... but it does.

Just keep believing the public lubs dem sum dispensaries.

Cute.

@Herb C

I should have properly cited my work.lol

At least you can dmit dispensaries were supplying themselves from out of state. Thanks.

Yes I sure can.

Does our law allow people to purchase Meds? Yes it does. It doesn't matter where they got it from. Which ruling stated that a PT can only acquire meds that were grown in this state? The person transferring it to them may have been in the wrong. If they were a pt then they can acquire from whatever means they like. I will not comment on amounts because that would simply be speculation.

From my end again I would like to see the quote that I said none..... I feel I will be waiting a very long time for that quote.

Edited to add that hell I am still waiting to see quotes from years past of stuff I have been accused of saying lol........

Edited by ozzrokk

Well 37% voted against the MMA. I would guess that those people were against dispensaries. I would further guess that there was a subset of the people who voted FOR the MMA that were also against dispensaries.

You're absolutely correct. Now the dispensaries are here, I haven't read 1 negative letter to the editor since