First Time Grow, Advice Needed.

FearAndLoathingInGR

The internets not bad if you can read threw the bull sheet^^^^

That's the problem. I go to someone's house for the second time and they have 100 questions about crap they read on the internet. I end up answering all the questions instead of helping with the grow in my allotted time.

I've also had people that I taught that were doing really good, then went on the internet, starting doing things they read about there and killed off their crop, only to come back to me for more help.

i teach the KISS method. It's near fool-proof and an idiot can do it.

That's the problem. I go to someone's house for the second time and they have 100 questions about crap they read on the internet. I end up answering all the questions instead of helping with the grow in my allotted time.

I've also had people that I taught that were doing really good, then went on the internet, starting doing things they read about there and killed off their crop, only to come back to me for more help.

For the last few years I have told people the same thing. "I will help you grow if you listen to me and me only. Have a few successful harvests and then get on the internet and start fiddling around with your grow." Or the other option is to find 1 productive grower and listen to him and him only.

What is the size of your room/closet/tent? You are stretching the ability of a 400 at 3x3, hope your setup is between that and 2x2.

And you are not far from the size I like to flower at the first time I run a strain, at least the plant in the yellow bucket is that size.

Good luck and have fun!

Yeah cant go wrong there keep it simple.

topping and FIM'ing are similar.

basically you pinch or cut off the newest growth so that the plant branches out.

you can find videos on youtube how to do this. i'm still not sure what the best way is, but at least you can control height and maximize canopy using it.

Yep on youtube you will find all the directions and a video showing you how to do it, search you tube,

there are alot of good growers in here, but ive noticed what works for some may not work for others/you/me!

I dont mean no disrespect to any one in here or their grow techinics, but when I was asking a question, I was gettting 20 answers, and alot of them answers have since came in handy, just not for the time I neded them, check out you tube and google, search marijuana grow bibles and do a lil bit of reading,

I wouldnt be using a quater of the nute recipee yet, I would be using mostly good water and add nutes as needed or as they grow some, once they start getting bigger you can start adding nutes, now I use gh nutes but the only time ive use it as directed I killed all of them, and by the time I realized what i was doing it was to late, You prob will never use more than half dose of the nute recipee, and as far as your ph, well I like mine between 6 and 6.5 when I let it get lower it did not do to well, the ph is everything in my opinion, it helps to make your plants take in the water and nutes and not lock the nutes out!

Best of luck to you!

Peace

Jim

I veg using 400 watt,,, i notice a friend of mine same strain veg with 1000 watt,,, he seems to have a lot more leaf to deal with,,

he is now going back to 2 400 to veg since in veg they only get 2 feet high then we both go to flower,

wonder if anyone elso notice that when in veg,,,,

I veg using 400 watt,,, i notice a friend of mine same strain veg with 1000 watt,,, he seems to have a lot more leaf to deal with,,

he is now going back to 2 400 to veg since in veg they only get 2 feet high then we both go to flower,

wonder if anyone elso notice that when in veg,,,,

Hey cristinew, 400watt? mh or hps. it is a known fact that the blue light in a mh will make yer plants grow more leaf.

If you swap out that 400w light with a 1,000w you would see a huge increase in growth. Your plants will probably not quite double in height in flower mode...but there are a lot of variables. If you try to cover a lot of plants with a 400w light, then the light will be kinda far away from them, and they will stretch to reach it. I have a super lemon haze I have grown for about 4 years. I can flower it at 12" under a liquid-cooled 1000w HPS just 6" off the top of the plant and it might max out at 18" tall. I had the same strain that I flowered at 2' tall and too far from the light. Four of them grew to about 6' tall and had to bent bent sideways to finish.

it takes at least a 600w. in the bloom phase, to get the results you seek. I found that if I put the plants into a 24hr light for two weeks before bloom the growth is crazy in the first three weeks of bloom. They really do grow better when they can sleep.now if I could get my humidity and co2 just right. my finishing skills could use some refining. and environmental controllers haven't been worked into the budget yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to pipe in and say thanks for all the help, im 10 days into flowering, plants look great. They are about 3 feet tall. Pretty much my only issues have been letting the leaves get to close to the bulb and burning, also had some air lines pop off in the night a time or two. In my opinion after that i went to the 4 inch round stones and lemme tell ya i will stick with these forever on hydroponics. The slender airstones are no match for the the 4 inch rounds, more air more bubbles. I havent tested them since i replaced but i believe my issues of air lines coming off were due to backpressure from a clogged airstone.  Altogether nutrients have went well and pretty much everything has went really well. I am pleased and hopefully the final product will be worthy.

• 2 weeks later...