Next Event @ The Capitol?

Hic, I already have all the power I can handle. A true Elder does not seek power it finds him or her and flows thru.

A true elder is ready to take on what he must. If you are to battle again and have reached elder status you know this. You do not limit your power because the advisary grows in strength.

You wish for a beacon in the west you will talk to the one that has the key to the door.

Edited by hic

It is fine to go to Lansing as a show of force. So how many times did that happen?

sorta once...

the other times were not impressive. Sorry, but to observers with no connection that is a fact. And the tie dyes and joints being smoked on camera, yeah, and the comment about "if you don't have dispensaries I need to get my marijuana in a carwash with the $10 blow jobs" (or very close to that) was just great. Really effective. Can you not see it looks bad, and if you haven't noticed NO protest has had any effect at all. Sorry, but it is true.

So what are we protesting this time?

Dispensaries?

Just like the last time?

are ya daft?

How about protesting patient to patient for (freaking) free, being ruled illegal.

then ya got something.

wtf

how about standing up for yourselves and not for the business entities that wouldn't be bummed if YOUR growing rights went away.... do you go to protests on behalf of other business's?

all I can say is

beware

of

unintended consequences

Edited by Hayduke

Well most folks don't just go to the Capitol to hangout. I am suggesting maybe a reason would be appropriate, and I gave the potential reason. So what is your specific point Oz? Are we gonna go through this again Oz?

May not be wise my friend....

Times are serious, and glib posts are always just that...

glib

I was speaking my mind regarding the topic. Not giving answers.

If you can't take it on that level, oh well...

Well most folks don't just go to the Capitol to hangout. I am suggesting maybe a reason would be appropriate, and I gave the potential reason. So what is your specific point Oz? Are we gonna go through this again Oz?

May not be wise my friend....

Times are serious, and glib posts are always just that...

glib

I was speaking my mind regarding the topic. Not giving answers.

If you can't take it on that level, oh well...

No we will not be going through this again..... I was merely stating that I did not think anyone had any plans at this time to protest. I believe someone that has not been around in a while asked a question that is it.

As far as not being able to take whatever it is your talking about I do not understand what you are meaning if you are talking to me. You do absolutely have the right to speak your mind on the subject and I was doing JUST the same.

And yes I would go to the capital to protest the p2p for free... I think it is out right rediculous. And I would be on board with that if someone wanted to do just that.

I have thought about protesting pain clinics that have terminated patients contracts for medical marijuana use, or hospitals that have refused treatment to patients, or apartment complexes that evict medical marijuana patients, but we may not be thinking about the same problems.

I've had the apartment complex idea myself. protests work much better against private individuals than they do with the government. people will make changes to not have the negative press over their business.

Yes, I saw many act like thugs but that isn't the reason the legislators didn't listen to them. The fact is that the polls showed that the majority of Michiganders came out in favor of right to work.

I do think legislators realize that those gathering at the capitol are not necessarily representative of "the people." Or, for that matter, the legislator's constituency. People realize that a couple busloads of people coming in is not, by any means, representative of the entire state. I don't know what they are "dealing" with if you show up and shout. The reality is that the legislators are not "running scared" as someone used to constantly claim.

As for buddha's post, I don't feel like I should have to offer an alternative just to have a right to point out that protests have been useless. But, alas, I shall. I think you would be better off organizing grassroots efforts in your own community. Bring the message to different communities. Make it big news in the community. It spreads awareness right there. How many people are going to watch, and care, about a protest at the capitol (especially a small one) when they live in Port Huron, or Tawas, or Muskegon? Not as many as would care if the protest were right there at the Port Huron city hall. Or Muskegon city hall, etc. Let's face it, 100 people at the capitol doesn't have the same effect for locals as 100 on the city hall steps in Muskegon. Takes more time to have 100 different rallies but is likely more effective. Plus it allows people to attend that are local or regionally near the location rather than expecting people to take entire workdays off to drive 2 hours, or whatever, to Lansing.

Or, take your time to volunteer for charities under the name of your local compassion clubs. Spread goodwill.

Appreciate your points, and thanks for making the effort.

If it is not 1969, why am I just getting home from Woodstock?

I prefer direct mail. If your command of the language is adequate, you stand to make a good impression. Something else to consider is calling their offices in Lansing and calling or going to see your Representative or Senator when they are in your district.

Edited by GregS