Support The Dispensary Bill: Only Takes 2 Minutes To Send A Letter To Your State Senator And Rep

I strongly support this. This should be a sticky with popups on every forum!!!

This is a short form to fill out with your name and email and it generates a letter of support for the Dispensary Bill sent to your State representative and Senator.

I urge everyone to put it on Facebook. Share it with Friends. Ask them to Share it with their friends. This is the only way we can win this guys.

https://secure2.conv...p9c3ue6.app205b

Edited by lawyercaregiver

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I asked for dispensary bill wording, the king dispensary advocate didn't even understand what it meant. They dropped off some wording and said, "I really don't know what it means but it's been out for weeks".

The only thing about the dispensary bill that you can be sure of is that what the wording does will be secret until AFTER it's voted on. Then we all can put our blindfolds on, whack at the pinata, and see what crap falls out.

I don't have a dog in the fight for dispensaries and am neutral on them with one exception. Any bill that helps patients get the medication they need is worth a look. Any bill that restricts home grows by patients or caregivers need opposition until those restrictions are removed.

We shouldn't get caught up in the headlines 'Dispensary bill moving forward' without first looking at what our current system loses to see if it is worth the price.

In the meantime, find a caregiver, be a caregiver. Make that system work to supply patients with medications before you hand the keys to the cookie jar to some corporate seagulls- You know the ones that fly in, eat your food, crap on you, then fly off.

Dr. Bob

It seems to me during the first round we had advocates saying "dont change our law" and those that were saying "if you are gonna change it we want a voice"

Looks like the two camps have swapped.

How can anyone ever support any legislation of any kind when it destined to change ten times before it is over?

I would think that if a dispensary bill included fms, caregivers would be safe. This I would support and yeah I'm a bit of a dreamer.

It seems to me during the first round we had advocates saying "dont change our law" and those that were saying "if you are gonna change it we want a voice"

Looks like the two camps have swapped.

How can anyone ever support any legislation of any kind when it destined to change ten times before it is over?

I would think that if a dispensary bill included fms, caregivers would be safe. This I would support and yeah I'm a bit of a dreamer.

Good post. The camps are merging toward the 'we want a voice' camp. Bills always evolve, it is a matter of making sure they evolve in the right direction. Don't give support until you get the version you want, but make sure they know what you want.

Dr. Bob

As you all have said... this bill will change many times before its voted on. I personally am against it. I am against anything that potentially removes the right for patients and caregivers to grow their own. I am all for patients having options for safe and easy access to their medicine... but I gotta believe if this bill passes patients will be stuck paying $20/gram for subpar, commercial grade medicine, while the dispensary owner's and their partners line their pockets. If they could find some way to make it work while leaving the caregiver-patient model alone, I could see it being beneficial... but I just dont see how that would ever happen. IMO the Dispensary bill (if it passes) will only really benefit certain groups. Owners, Testing Facilities, Laywers, Investors, etc...basically people who already have money and connections.

Patients will suffer by paying more $ for less medicinal quality, and a lot of caregivers will essentially be restricted out of existence. You can really tell who has something to gain from this bill passing by seeing who supports it. Just my opinion on the matter...