Support The Dispensary Bill: Only Takes 2 Minutes To Send A Letter To Your State Senator And Rep

You can find the Provisioning Center bill here: http://norml.net/attached/00203X13.pdf.pdf

I have read it through rather quickly, but I didn't see any threat to the current caregiver system. In fact, it allows both caregivers and patients to sell their overages to the Provisioning Center.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you all have said... this bill will change many times before its voted on. I personally am against it. I am against anything that potentially removes the right for patients and caregivers to grow their own. I am all for patients having options for safe and easy access to their medicine... but I gotta believe if this bill passes patients will be stuck paying $20/gram for subpar, commercial grade medicine, while the dispensary owner's and their partners line their pockets. If they could find some way to make it work while leaving the caregiver-patient model alone, I could see it being beneficial... but I just dont see how that would ever happen. IMO the Dispensary bill (if it passes) will only really benefit certain groups. Owners, Testing Facilities, Laywers, Investors, etc...basically people who already have money and connections.

Patients will suffer by paying more $ for less medicinal quality, and a lot of caregivers will essentially be restricted out of existence. You can really tell who has something to gain from this bill passing by seeing who supports it. Just my opinion on the matter...

I'm not so sure about the quality factor. If supplied from caregivers and tested for potency it would seem the cream would rise to the top.

O.k. 4 lines in to page two of the bill and I got a woody!

Gotta go read the rest....

Thank for the link.

Edited by shishka

http://www.thecompassionchronicles.com/2013/02/15/michigan-provisioning-centers-2-0/

Michigan Provisioning Centers 2.0

New version of the Provisioning Centers Act introduced to empower dispensaries- in the state that just outlawed them

Last year it was House Bill 5580. This year it’s House Bill 4271. Either version of the bill introduced the Provisioning Centers Act to the Michigan House, but this 2013 version comes at a crucial time in Michigan cannabis politics......

As you all have said... this bill will change many times before its voted on. I personally am against it. I am against anything that potentially removes the right for patients and caregivers to grow their own. I am all for patients having options for safe and easy access to their medicine... but I gotta believe if this bill passes patients will be stuck paying $20/gram for subpar, commercial grade medicine, while the dispensary owner's and their partners line their pockets. If they could find some way to make it work while leaving the caregiver-patient model alone, I could see it being beneficial... but I just dont see how that would ever happen. IMO the Dispensary bill (if it passes) will only really benefit certain groups. Owners, Testing Facilities, Laywers, Investors, etc...basically people who already have money and connections.

Patients will suffer by paying more $ for less medicinal quality, and a lot of caregivers will essentially be restricted out of existence. You can really tell who has something to gain from this bill passing by seeing who supports it. Just my opinion on the matter...

Right On

Progress looks like this

Legalization....21 years, unlimited count/weight, $200/card/year, $500/Out of state/year

This would Create Jobs in the agriculture, horticultural, textile, medical, cosmetic, energy, tourist, liesure, retail, testing (Not mandatory) industries in Michigan

The Law Must protect the right of citizens to grow their own.

The Law must prevent special interest from restricting/regulating/testing the citizens right to grow their own.

Of course this would be in conjuction with our current good law.

Industrial Hemp alone would bring this Great State out of the fknrepublicans recession.

2014 GO BLUE

Edited by beourbud

Due to this dispensary advocate quote;

Rep Jeff Irwin, a true friend to the cannabis community, from Ann Arbor who has signed onto the, soon to be introduced, Provisioning Center Act

You can help me fight this by cutting and pasting this message, or better yet writing a unique one, and sending it to our friend and legislator Jeff Irwin.

Dear Rep. Irwin,

I'm a medical cannabis patient that is very concerned about commercial interests interfering with the patient caregiver supply model in the state. I believe they see it in their best interests to interfere with the legal model in place, to divert patients into their businesses, for the sole purpose of making money from the limited resources that sick patients have. We can't afford to pay all the bills/overhead at one of these businesses that charge us for getting between the supply and demand. Or law was written in such a way to help keep prices down and we like that tremendously. Any provisioning center would go directly against the spirit of our law that tries to limit costs to the patient. In light of how we rarely get to see a finished bill before it gets voted on I have to request that you fight any and all changes to the medical marijuana laws. Please let the dust settle from the recent changes so we can assess what is truly needed before any more adjustments are made. I would also like to thank you for being the main resistance against those who would harm the fragile new growth of medical marijuana here in Michigan. It's a wonderful thing when you ask a rep for help and you see them produce for you. We, the medical marijuana patients of Michigan, can't thank you enough.

http://053.housedems.com/contact-me

Direct email link;

JeffIrwin@house.mi.gov

Edited by Restorium2

The naivety on display by these muffin makers is astounding. They claim to have it on fast track to pass, I call BS. My response to them is in the event it somehow passes the house just wait until Jones gets his hands on it. You see Tim Beck thinks Jones is his friend, but during the last congress he found out Jones does what Jones wants not Tim. We are entering a world of pain....

You can find the Provisioning Center bill here: http://norml.net/attached/00203X13.pdf.pdf

I have read it through rather quickly, but I didn't see any threat to the current caregiver system. In fact, it allows both caregivers and patients to sell their overages to the Provisioning Center.

Sure you can??

but am sorry that wont happen ever it may start out that way until they get what they want

but do you think they will buy just anyone's Mmj ?

The naivety on display by these muffin makers is astounding. They claim to have it on fast track to pass, I call BS. My response to them is in the event it somehow passes the house just wait until Jones gets his hands on it. You see Tim Beck thinks Jones is his friend, but during the last congress he found out Jones does what Jones wants not Tim. We are entering a world of pain....

No comment

We need a rally with Patients and caregivers together And most of the people are staying neutral is what CPU says

You can help me fight this by cutting and pasting this message, or better yet writing a unique one, and sending it to our friend and legislator Harvey Santana. Also, see the post on page 2 of this thread for a link to Rep. Jeff Irwin.

Dear Rep. Santana,

I'm a medical cannabis patient that is very concerned about commercial interests interfering with the patient caregiver supply model in the state. I believe they see it in their best interests to interfere with the legal model in place, to divert patients into their businesses, for the sole purpose of making money from the limited resources that sick patients have. We can't afford to pay all the bills/overhead at one of these businesses that charge us for getting between the supply and demand. Or law was written in such a way to help keep prices down and we like that tremendously. Any provisioning center would go directly against the spirit of our law that tries to limit costs to the patient. In light of how we rarely get to see a finished bill before it gets voted on I have to request that you fight any and all changes to the medical marijuana laws. Please let the dust settle from the recent changes so we can assess what is truly needed before any more adjustments are made. I would also like to thank you for being the main resistance against those who would harm the fragile new growth of medical marijuana here in Michigan. It's a wonderful thing when you ask a rep for help and you see them produce for you. We, the medical marijuana patients of Michigan, can't thank you enough.

Direct email;

harveysantana@house.mi.gov

But the question now is does Tim understand now that Jones is not his friend? I am not so sure he does realize this. Surprise surprise surprise.....

How could a future bill that becomes law take away the current Cg/Pt model? The MMMA supersedes any law that is passed. Any law that conflicts with it defers to the MMMA. Why are people so terrified of whatever wording may be in the bill. Even if there was a clause in it that said no one may grow within 100 miles of a provisioning center it would be meaningless. Arizona's restriction was in their law from the start. It is an entirely different story than what is going on here. Unless the MMMA is amended there is nothing to fear. If you don't like provision centers then don't go to them. It is as simple as that.

How could a future bill that becomes law take away the current Cg/Pt model? The MMMA supersedes any law that is passed. Any law that conflicts with it defers to the MMMA. Why are people so terrified of whatever wording may be in the bill. Even if there was a clause in it that said no one may grow within 100 miles of a provisioning center it would be meaningless. Arizona's restriction was in their law from the start. It is an entirely different story than what is going on here. Unless the MMMA is amended there is nothing to fear. If you don't like provision centers then don't go to them. It is as simple as that.

Then why does it not supersede the public health code law like driving