Support The Dispensary Bill: Only Takes 2 Minutes To Send A Letter To Your State Senator And Rep

How could a future bill that becomes law take away the current Cg/Pt model? The MMMA supersedes any law that is passed. Any law that conflicts with it defers to the MMMA. Why are people so terrified of whatever wording may be in the bill. Even if there was a clause in it that said no one may grow within 100 miles of a provisioning center it would be meaningless. Arizona's restriction was in their law from the start. It is an entirely different story than what is going on here. Unless the MMMA is amended there is nothing to fear. If you don't like provision centers then don't go to them. It is as simple as that.

We don't have any need for additional grey areas. The passing of any law that conflicts with the MMMA will result in additional arrests and court cases. LEO will show up to the grow that is 99 miles from the provisioning center with a warrant in hand....a warrant that maybe could not have been gotten if the new law had not passed.....after they take down your grow, tear up your house, soil your name, and you spend $25,000 on legal fees over three years, you walk away. Yay! Win? I think not.

Grey areas and conflicting laws have proven to be problematic mostly to patients and CGs.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have any need for additional grey areas. The passing of any law that conflicts with the MMMA will result in additional arrests and court cases. LEO will show up to the grow that is 99 miles from the provisioning center with a warrant in hand....a warrant that maybe could not have been gotten if the new law had not passed.....after they take down your grow, tear up your house, soil your name, and you spend $25,000 on legal fees over three years, you walk away. Yay! Win? I think not.

Grey areas and conflicting laws have proven to be problematic mostly to patients and CGs.

Some will say its the risk you will have to take if you want meds

But not me I want a Law that's risk Free

How could a future bill that becomes law take away the current Cg/Pt model? The MMMA supersedes any law that is passed. Any law that conflicts with it defers to the MMMA. Why are people so terrified of whatever wording may be in the bill. Even if there was a clause in it that said no one may grow within 100 miles of a provisioning center it would be meaningless. Arizona's restriction was in their law from the start. It is an entirely different story than what is going on here. Unless the MMMA is amended there is nothing to fear. If you don't like provision centers then don't go to them. It is as simple as that.

Sec 7 (e) All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marijuana as provided for by this act.

I have no idea what the police would do. If a Pt has a couple of brownies now what happens?

I don't know how various people will interpret or apply this bill if it were to become law.

Based on the heading that Q falls under, "Sec. 2. As used in this act:" It seems to only define that if the medible/topical is labeled with the amount of medicine used in making it, then it is not counted as usable marijuana under this act. Reading down further it states that a provisioning center may only dispense 2.5oz of usable marijuana to a Pt/Cg every 10 days. So buying brownies and some cream will not count towards this limit.

This act doesn't change what a Pt/Cg can possess. It is rules for the provisioning center and it's agents.

This would allow a provision center to do something that a patient can't do for themselves,... make and possess medibles. And once the label is gone,... whose to say it came from a provison center?

The amount of cannabis in a provisioning center bill medible counts against your 2.5 oz/10 days nonsense.

I mean seriously? 2.5 every ten days? Who came up with that nonsense number. Looks like asss pulling to me.

A pt can't make and possess a medible? Where does that come from.

The bill states that a PC can transfer 2.5oz of usable marijuana every 10 days to a Pt/Cg. I didn't write it but that is what it says.

I'm really not sure what your trying to say. The language of the bill allows a PC and an agent to do many things that a Pt/Cg cant do. So what? It is not infringing or altering the rights of a Pt/Cg in any way that I can see. It gives local communities a way to create distribution models as they see fit. I think the real problem for some people is that someone somewhere might make money. Oh the horror. If you don't like them ignore them.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

Oh my narrow minded friend,... if you only knew how the concern with making money on poor patients is not the problem with this path with which you wish to tread.

Anyhow,

Can a patient currently possess a 4 oz brownie?

Isn't it more important to resolve that for patients so they can make their own medibles for free?

This bill does not resolve that problem. It creates a class of people above a patient. Unacceptable.

The angles with which you are looking at this language from is flawed. Not only flawed, but counterintuitive to the typical patient.

I will just sit back and watch as this progresses and the sinking feeling of "we are getting frukd" sinks into peoples minds as the changes start coming.

People ask me to tell them when there is a risk to pts/cgs/physicians or our current law. Well people,... there is a risk. Don't ever say i didnt tell ya.

Your 4oz brownie seems quite arbitrary. Why cant a pt make a 1 oz brownie? Why cant a pt make coconut oil capsules? There are all kinds of medibles a Pt may make that weigh less then 2.5oz.

How about you demonstrate, with fact, the flawed view that I am expressing.

All your doing is fear mongering over hypothetical situations.

This bill does not effect a Pt/Cg in any way. It creates a legal method for communities to control marijuana distribution. If a Cg and their 5 Pt have no use for a PC then they can ignore them.

If the MMMA is fine the way it is then what difference does it make if their is a class of people above Patients? If everything is fine the way it is for them then they can ignore this issue entirely.

I'm glad that you are the spokesman for a "typical" Pt.

I am a typical Pt and I like alternative acquisition methods. I know many typical Pt's that would gladly spend money on meds from a PC.

As much as you would like it to be so, not every Pt is broke, not every Pt is being taken advantage of, and not every Pt shares your views.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

Just over 50% of patients recieve the discount for being poor. Not lower middle class, but poor. Poverty. 50%.

Then add in the ones that are just poor but dont qualify for reduced rates. Then.... well...

You can just say i was right at a later date and i won't make fun of you for it then. I took care of it here.

See ya down the road.

So if even 10,000 patients are wealthy enough to have discretionary money to spend on meds why are you so focused on preventing them from doing that.

The people that cant afford that method of acquisition will not use it.

Nothing about this bill precludes people being a Cg for needy Pt's out of the goodness of their heart. Please show me where it stops Cg's from giving their Pt's free meds.

There would be a difference in court, you mean? What would it mean during the police interaction, for instance with a patient and a couple of brownies from his or her caregiver?

50 /50 chance

If it got to court the whole brownie would be weighed the courts would never pick out the seeds and stems and then weigh the bag LOL

So if even 10,000 patients are wealthy enough to have discretionary money to spend on meds why are you so focused on preventing them from doing that.

The people that cant afford that method of acquisition will not use it.

Nothing about this bill precludes people being a Cg for needy Pt's out of the goodness of their heart. Please show me where it stops Cg's from giving their Pt's free meds.

Let the wealthy pay for tumbled, chemical laden, overpriced meds or educate them. The dispensaries even change names ..and were /are? selling meds from out of state... IMHO educate them to these facts and I'm certain they would choose a caregiver over having 20-30 strains of crappy, unknown growing practices, chemical laden to choose from.