Neonicotinoid Pesticides Continue To Cause The Decline Of Bee Population In The U.s

mibrains

this is a very important topic. bee careful what you use both in your gardens and around your home.

http://www.naturalnews.com/039076_pesticides_bee_population_neonicotinoids.html

(NaturalNews) In the most recent news about neonicotinoid pesticides, it was reported that European countries have already decided to ban the continuous use of the pesticides because of the presented scientific evidences showing that they continue to endanger bees. Corporate farms in the U.S.; however, continue to ignore the petition associated to the banning of the pesticides filed and presented by the Center for Food Safety. This is said to lead to the continuous decline of the bee population all over the U.S.

What are neonicotinoid pesticides?

Neonicotinoids refer to a group of insecticides mainly composed of clothianidin, imidacloprid, fipronil and theamethoxam. These are widely recognized as nerve poisons or neurotoxins that are mainly designed to damage the central nervous system of insects, thereby leading to paralysis and death in the most serious cases. Among the insects targeted by these pesticides are vine weevils, whitefly, termites, Colorado potato beetle and aphids. Aside from being a major cause of death and paralysis to insects, neonicotinoids are also capable of producing other symptoms not only in target insects but other pests and living organisms as well, including their interference with the navigation systems of the organisms and damage their natural capability to groom.......(click link to continue)

I will do everything I can, while it may be too little too late, but I like to attract bees to my veggie garden area by letting clover flourish in one area, some other flowering shrubs and plants, and the flowers of the tomatos and peppers and squash. etc. also attract and feed them. I want to learn about other ways to help buld their local population in a safe, healthy way. I had quite a few last year compared to the year before, and my garden showed it, so I hope that trend continues this year. Go bees!!!

Peace...

agreed bish..

i saw lots of them in some flowering trees this summer...

i am for sure discontinuing the "Scots brand Home Defense" regiment i had been following.

i used to spray it as a barrier around my house... but not now that i know it is partially responsible for bee hive contamination.

i have a few pear trees... and a tiger Lilly garden.. but this year i will put in some more natural local flowers if i can find them.. and encourage more bee's and pollinators. ( i like humming birds a lot too)

i noticed the decline in bee hives.. and have been following this dilemma as it unfolds.. i have suspected poor farming practices for some time now...

tis not easy being a natural farmer...

but it is worth it.

our country is slowly shifting towards the 100 mile rule. (acquire everything to sustain life from within 100 miles from where you live) and that means a shift back towards smaller manageable local farms for produce, food, clothing ect.

i support the concept now more than ever...

http://www.centerforfoodsafety.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Seed-Giants_final.pdf

SEED GIANTS VS.

U.S. FARMERS

A REPORT BY THE CENTER FOR FOOD SAFETY & SAVE OUR SEEDS

Today, one week before the Supreme Court hears arguments in Bowman v. Monsanto Co., the Center for Food Safety (CFS) and Save our Seeds (SOS) – two legal and policy organizations dedicated to promoting safe, sustainable food and farming systems – will launch their new report, Seed Giants vs. U.S. Farmers.

I have raised bees now for several years, and i have seen the results of the monsanto seed , round up ready,, and the nicotinoids.. it will devastate a hive.. hive colony collapse disorder is real, it affects every beekeeper out there, with the intruduction of foreign virus's, also is causing problems, along with the southern hive beetle ,, shipped north from Georgia and lets not forget the mites, tracheal mites, and varoa destructor mites.. most be keepers tend to loose 50% of there hives every year.. not very productive for income... and honey is imported so the cost stays low.. not a win scenario for the bee keepers or the bees.. hard life in a hive.. and i use all natural,, no poisons or nothing,, it helps but with all the infections, the bees cross paths with every other bee out there..

Cool mibrains and Willy! We all need your help here on this planet, each person can do something small I believe. Willy, big cudos on raising the bees, thank you so much! Free the bees!! Go bees!!! We need the bees!!! Birds are good too, but this thread is all about the bees!! Peace...

Bee_Happy.jpginsecte-1.gifth_DSCN2930.jpgBumbleBeeBeeHappy.gifOverme1.jpgsnl_killer_bees.jpgBeekeepinginJamaica011.jpgbee-1.gifbee_sofi-and-oliv5r-1.jpghappy_bee.jpgtumblr_lnjdgrtt1k1qjgbh3o1_400.gifphotobucket-39142-1351715542198.jpgGardenOctober20009.jpgkiller_bees.jpgbeeesqi9.gifbees.giffunny-photos-bee-man-covered.jpgBEEEEEES.jpgb4544096.jpg