Provisioning Center Bill Reps Co-Sponsor

I see what you mean now, I now understand that we need to fight this, I was confused at first and like I said I am all for dispensaries unless they mess with caregivers and patients and this messes with them. One of the dispensaries in the UP spam their facebook followers to help vote the bill in like 3 times a day. I know this is just 1 dispensary but if someone could , could you subscribe to "Mary Janes Apothecary on facebook and let everyone know that caregivers are going to get screwed by this law and spam them good on every post so people will understand why. Fighting back against dispensaries and their ways of getting people to help their cause for the bill would be a great start. I have my reasons that I can not do it but I will now get the word out on other dsipensaries facebook and web pages. We need to cancel this bill. Even though I am not a caregiver anymore and my wife is just a patient I will still fight for every caregiver and patient in michigan.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my opinion. I really appreciate that. I think that I see this really clearly. Anyone with an open mind can connect the dots if I can lay it out for them and they listen. Sometimes I come off as a 'know it all' and my message gets tossed in the trash because of that. Maybe I'm improving on that, I hope so. You give me hope that I have improved, thanks. When we have the same ideals, and we don't make each other mad with misunderstandings, we stand united for caregivers and patients.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't do that with this bill. Not without a 75% vote.

Can't? You would need to fight it for years and then you MIGHT be able to prove they can't and have it reversed. If they say they CAN, then they DO, and ask questions later. We both know that. You aren't going to throw up your time out sign and get this play instantly reviewed. To get the call on the field reversed takes years and years.

the part that confuses me is how are they just going to zone someones barn,garage,house,shed as commercial property? I don't see this happening. I only see if you are opening a business on commercial property in a commercial zone. There is no way everyone that is a caregiver is going to be forced to move their grow to a commercial zone. No way they are going to make a patient move his grow to a commercial zone . I do not see this happening.

That would be a modification of the MMMA itself. Which would require a 75% vote.

No one expects this to be able to get 75%. This law is intended to pass with a 50% vote.

If there is any conflict between the two laws, the MMMA would win.

That would be a modification of the MMMA itself. Which would require a 75% vote.

No one expects this to be able to get 75%. This law is intended to pass with a 50% vote.

If there is any conflict between the two laws, the MMMA would win.

That is totally false in the short run. You could possibly be right in the long run. While we were trying to prove you right there would be years and years of rights lost.

This is a battle. Maybe the biggest battle that we will fight to keep our rights in place.

We are getting a glimpse into the opposing teams play book now.

Big Daddy, Rep Callton, and advocates like Jamie and Robin are going to make a big push to feed you bad information to get you on board with this.

I have seen three basic false talking points they are using;

1. The bill only regulates commercial entities and that's not a caregiver or patient.

Wrong; Townships across Michigan are already classifying anyone who grows for someone else as commercial.

2. The medical marijuana law we have can't be changed by this bill. It can't touch it.

Wrong; The bill will do what it says it will do until someone mounts a big challenge and proves that it was over reaching.

3. This one is the real whopper and Rep. Callton himself is PUSHING this one personally. He says that growers that were supplying the dispensaries to offset their grow cost will still get to supply the dispensaries.

Right but short lived. Did you wonder why he would say that caregivers would supply a dispensary but you KNOW that if they can supply themselves they will? He's just throwing you a bone and at the same time opening up a temporary supply line for when dispensaries are just starting out and don't have their warehouse grow in place.

These are the three 'false hopes' they will dangle in front of you in the days ahead. Be ready for them. Make sure everyone around you knows the real truth.

I'll see if I can get a fix for that in. Something that clearly excludes a caregiver.

Something that can easily be removed before the bill is signed no doubt. The whole model/bill is corrupt and slapping a bandaid on it isn't going to change that. This bill is designed so that a municipality is totally in control of everthing medical marijuana. It's that way by design.

So it's a good thing that I stay in the dark?

I don't know. Are there any more half truths, or outright lies, that the dispensary advocates like yourself, are going to spin down on us?

I have the Big Three covered.

We are getting a glimpse into the opposing teams play book now.

Big Daddy, Rep Callton, and advocates like Jamie and Robin are going to make a big push to feed you bad information to get you on board with this.

I have seen three basic false talking points they are using;

1. The bill only regulates commercial entities and that's not a caregiver or patient.

Wrong; Townships across Michigan are already classifying anyone who grows for someone else as commercial.

2. The medical marijuana law we have can't be changed by this bill. It can't touch it.

Wrong; The bill will do what it says it will do until someone mounts a big challenge and proves that it was over reaching.

3. This one is the real whopper and Rep. Callton himself is PUSHING this one personally. He says that growers that were supplying the dispensaries to offset their grow cost will still get to supply the dispensaries.

Right but short lived. Did you wonder why he would say that caregivers would supply a dispensary but you KNOW that if they can supply themselves they will? He's just throwing you a bone and at the same time opening up a temporary supply line for when dispensaries are just starting out and don't have their warehouse grow in place.

These are the three 'false hopes' they will dangle in front of you in the days ahead. Be ready for them. Make sure everyone around you knows the real truth.

What are you guys going to say next?

Edited by Restorium2

You are in the dark, and will likely remain there. Any control you think you have over the contents of that bill are an illusion and a figment of your imagination.

So when someone said "you're an idiot" there was nothing constructive intended at all. Correct? Purely an insult intended with nothing constructive.

Then you and several others jump in. Real cool.

Good .. BTW idiot doesn't insult me. An idiot is someone that isn't educated. There is a gap in their information.

I was asking what you thought I was lacking.

:lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

Please remember that statement the next time I call you obtuse (a more benign term than idiot) and you crybaby that I am making personal attacks or insults. You take the cake peanut.

By the way, you forgot to answer my question: Why do you want to put patients in jail?

Any control you think you have over the contents of that bill are an illusion and a figment of your imagination.

OK .. got me there. My illusion has been altered already.

There is a list, on this thread, of people that specific suggestions can be made to. There are plenty of opportunities to make changes to the bill. As many have pointed out.

If we completely leave those suggestions to vested interests, that will be the nature of the bill passed.

If you are concerned about some items in the bill, I figure it's better to try to get it changed now rather than later.

Yelling about it here doesn't get that information to the law makers. So I could say that people crying here are the bigger fools. Fools for not trying to get what they want.